The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 AM
Heir Apparent

She has put on some weight but Catherine has a long body shape and that can mean a smaller bump. Speculation from the Daily Mail is best ignored.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Courtier

Her mom, sister and grandmother is/was thin. She has always been thin, the only difference to me is that she lost the baby fat on her face.

She lost weight before the wedding but most women do. She gained back that weight after the wedding.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Commoner

The weight of a person has nothing to do with the size of their bump. The Daily Mail should have done some research before writing that piece. :/ Not to mention all women pop at diff times. As far as the dm comments, those are always full of disgusting comments. jmo
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Royal Highness

I totally agree with you ModerDayJackieO, and besides, women who have an athletic body type, the bump hardly shows of during the 6/7 months of pregnancy, I remenber that happened with Mary when she was pregnant of the twins, wasn't she 5/6 months and barely showing a bump that was supposed to be of twins? Women who don't exercise much, the bump is more noticeble in the early stages of pregnancy.

It totally irritates me, when sites like for ex: JustJared, people make awful comments about Catherine not bein' pregnant, fake pregnancy, like she's starving the baby, etc...Totally ridiculous, those people aren't smart enough to read about pregnancy on women, the various diferent types, etc... they are so ignorant and disrespectful.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Isn't it easy to pick and choose which histories of the names to use. England has a long history and many names have been reused, so there are bound to be some negativity associated with them, that's just the law of numbers. I notice that with William you didn't mention William The Conqueror.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I did, he's the William to have had surviving, legitimate issue despite having been illegitimate himself. His son, William II, had no children, and is rumoured to have been gay. William III and his wife Mary II had no children, while William IV had 10 illegitimate children but no surviving legitimate ones.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Joan Collins is right. Any woman who wants to stay beautiful (like me!) needs to diet every day of her life | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is six months pregnant, so where's the Duchess of Cambridge's baby bump? | Mail Online

Being 4 stone overweight at present I kind of envy this woman, even though she is getting a lot of negative daily mail comments at the moment.

Kate --- is Kate herself naturally thin? Or is she controlling her weight in some way too?
That woman sounds dreadful and her behavior isn't healthy- that sounds more like disordered eating than a healthy lifestyle to me. A healthy lifestyle allows for treats on special occasions. And not all women need to be on diets fr their whole lives because not all women need to be stick thin- there are all kinds of body types in this world, let's stop acting like there's only one body shape that's acceptable for women to have.

Kate seems to be naturally thin, but that's helped along because she loves exercise and sporting pursuits so much.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Just so we are clear...we are not going to discuss Catherine's pregnancy weight.

So let's move on.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Courtier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ity-nurse.html

Kate Middleton to move to family home in Berkshire after baby's birth - hellomagazine.com

I think its about time Catherine learnt to stand on her own two feet. She has lots of responsibility with 2 homes to run and a mass of royal servants. For goodness sake take control of your own life. I wonder how William feels even if he gets on with Carole. I just think the whole idea is ridiculous. But nothing she does surprises me anymore.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry but what first time mum does not look to their own mother for help?! Unless for some reason their mother isn't around. Catherine has come into a life that is regimented, strict, and unforgiving. Family is where she can relax and be herself.

IF this story is true, I can completely understand it especially for the first few months when Catherine is on maternity leave.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=angieuk;1541391]Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton will live with mum after baby is born | Mail Online

Kate Middleton to move to family home in Berkshire after baby's birth - hellomagazine.com

QUOTE:
I think its about time Catherine learnt to stand on her own two feet. She has lots of responsibility with 2 homes to run and a mass of royal servants. For goodness sake take control of your own life. I wonder how William feels even if he gets on with Carole. I just think the whole idea is ridiculous. But nothing she does surprises me anymore.[/

Your first 2 sentences contradict each other. She does have the responsibility of 2homes and therefore is standing n her own 2 feet in managing them. However, she does not have a mass of royal servants. Both in the rented accommodation in Wales and the 2 bed house at KP she has part time cleaners. That's it! She does the shopping, cooking etc herself.

I think this story is really linked to Williams future, and we all know that whatever his choice, they are leaving Wales. So the isolated farmhouse in Wales is not a mid term option. And according to this article, KP will not be ready in time because of additional work on asbestos removal.

Spending time with her family makes sense, and I know people who have done this so let's wait and see. SJP have told the BBC that it is too soon to say what will happen post birth of baby. They are also saying uncredited report (ie as in "who's the friend").

It really all hinges on Williams decision about his future.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

What a great idea for Kate to move in with her family. Every new mum would like all the support and help she can get. I would assume it would be much more relaxing to have your mum around then a total stranger (maternity nurse/nanny) around all the time.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
What a great idea for Kate to move in with her family. Every new mum would like all the support and help she can get. I would assume it would be much more relaxing to have your mum around then a total stranger (maternity nurse/nanny) around all the time.
So true. And I think that Catherine isn't someone to hand her baby over to a stranger. At some stage she will need a nanny in order to carry out her royal duties, but she'll do that once she has personal experience of looking after her child.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Royal Highness

Isn't it only natural to seek your mother's help after having given birth to your first child? Carole, afterall, is an experienced mother; she has given birth to three children herself. I'd say it's perfectly normal for Catherine to seek her help and guidance as a first time mother. What a stupid comment to make.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's Catherine's choice whether she wants to move in with her parents or not, but I do wonder how William feels. Not many men would jump at the idea of moving in with their in-laws, no matter how much they enjoy their company. Catherine will have to get a Nanny at some point, whether she wants to or not. There isn't any way she can be a Royal and not have a Nanny. They all have full time Royal nannies (a.k.a live in nannies) as they have to travel a lot. It makes sense to have someone from the beginning so they children feel safe and comfortable with their Nanny as they will spend days without their parents. Edward and Sophie have had the same Nanny for both their children which is good for the children's stability and routine. Catherine will get a Nanny at some point, but if she wants to live with her mum then why not? I wonder if she will choose to deliver at Royal Berkshire in Reading then if she's moving in with her parents.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

Regarding her moving home...I'll believe it when I see it. I see no reason why...if Carole is going to help then why can't she stay at Nott Cottage with them. And its been well known for awhile they weren't moving in to Princess Margerets apt in KP until Sept...why is Rebecca English reporting that as if its new information...they've known about the asbestos there for over a year and a half now.

And for all we know Prince William could be leaving the Raf in June and start another job in September. I am sure we will get his decision next week. I think Rebecca is under the assumption he is staying until Sept and we don't know that.

I don't think they will employ a nanny. I think they would rather family members helping them out.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Majesty

I don't know about the story of Catherine moving in with her mother after the baby is born. The palace had already shot the story down.

There is nothing wrong with Carole helping with the baby when she can. Catherine will do her own thing as a mother, there's no doubt about that. She is standing on her own two feet. She's a full time wife, part time working royal and now a mother to be. Catherine is living her life.

William & Catherine's life together as husband and wife is turning out to be beautiful, just as they wished it would in their engagement interview.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I've been "musing" about this - around the practicalities. So random thoughts were

Nottingham Cottage has 2 bedrooms - and they wont be large because this was a small cottage for staff originally

William and Catherine have one bedroom

Where do they put all their clothes? His suits might all be blue but he has more than one and her wardrobe is not small

Is the 2nd bedroom a dressing room?

2nd bedroom for the baby? and all the baby things

Where do the clothes go?

Usually Royals have live in nannies -so where would the nanny sleep and relax?

Daytime nanny only? Only if they are in one place all of the time - or they have more than one?

What about Angelsey? Is this too remote for Catherine on her own?

This was just the start of my musings and I've stopped cos staying a while in one place; feeling comfortable; learning about Baby Cambridge; having a regular base.... having support that you trust; its just sensible.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton will live with mum after baby is born | Mail Online

I think its about time Catherine learnt to stand on her own two feet. She has lots of responsibility with 2 homes to run and a mass of royal servants. For goodness sake take control of your own life. I wonder how William feels even if he gets on with Carole. I just think the whole idea is ridiculous. But nothing she does surprises me anymore.
What a nasty comment. Honestly, if this story is true, it's probably for logistical reasons, since there's no room for helpers to stay at Nott Cott and since their new home will not yet be ready.

It would be a good way to deal with that problem, especially once William returns to military duties after his paternity leave is up.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

They can live at Clarence House or Buckingham Palace, until they can move to Kensington Palace apartments.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge