Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never knew Sophie had a second child,where have I been?

Now that we can discuss in this thread....
Excerpt: James became the first Royal baby to wear a hand-made christening gown commissioned by the Queen.
The gown, made by the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and Buckingham Palace's team of dressmakers, is a replica of one of Queen Victoria's daughters' christening gowns...
Read more: Christening at the castle for Sophie Wessex's sweet baby James | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
We all grouse about the DM and how biased it is, but it's also wonderful at things like this. That's a great baby photo and you can see so much detail on the gown. :)

I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

VERY Funny! (Smile)

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe
I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

When I read this I chuckled to myself. I also thought of something. What would happen if Kate and Williams were in the United States or another country and Kate suddenly went into labor and gave birth earlier than expected (a couple of weeks or a month early, for example). If the child was born in the United States, he or she would automatically be an American citizen. Would the child then have dual citizenship (British and American)?

If would be interesting to find out if any royal who was pregnant and who went into labor or gave birth a little earlier than expected gave birth in another country. I can't think of any offhand.

THere is a restriction on most airlines about pregnant women passengers - I think its 7 months and over.

EDIT: But of course the baby could, under the circumstances you describe, bw born in Wales, rather than England.

GracieGiraffe said:
Fantastic! A Fourth of July baby at my house. I am talking to my congressman now about the details.

George I was born in Germany.....:whistling:

I'd love to join in. I am just a little up north from you in the Carolinas. I will bring my hubby, four kids, something for the grill, and the makings of champagne cocktails!

I find that hard to believe, even though I believe you. The vast majority of Americans would find that embarrassing, as Bensgal said.

And don't worry, we giraffes are very protective of the young. We can kick the heads of strong predators with our long legs.

Besides, the press would never think of looking here....

Can anyone find me prints of corgis playing poker? I really want them to feel at home here.
I could imagine someone who started celebrating the 4th of July with a 5th of something might shout that out loud. :p Apart from that I'd only expect to hear "Down with the British" at a reenactment battle site.

Since my birthday is in July I am very happy that the baby will share my birth month (and maybe even my birthday)

I'd love to join in. I am just a little up north from you in the Carolinas. I will bring my hubby, four kids, something for the grill, and the makings of champagne cocktails!

I'll text you as soon as the labor pains start. Don't wear any fascinators down here, don't want to tip off the press. But I might be a sport to our local media and alert the Gainesville Times first! But only afterwards of course. :D

I think I might register on her behalf over at Babies R Us, if I can find the right themed room - royal giraffes or something.

:previous: Oh you don't have to worry about fascinators or anyone tipping off the press. It's a certainty to be announced in the news and on the telly when Kate is in the hospital in labour, so that the press and people can gather to celebrate a new and future heir to the throne! It's tradition! It's a celebration!

They certainly announced it on the news when Diana was taken to hospital in labour - see here: Prince William: How a CBS News Correspondent Came to Announce Royal's Birth to British People - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
We learned that Princess Diana had been taken to St. Mary's Hospital in labor early that morning.
and
As news spread that Diana was at the hospital in the Paddington District of London, a crowd began gathering outside.

Where did anyone say that? I simply stated that the press will know when Catherine is there, I'm not sure how they're going to know before it seems unlikely they'll announce it for obvious security reasons.

Of course sections of the press will know which hospital Kate will use beforehand, the royals won't need to announce it for the press to find out. As we saw at the KEVII hospital, there are ways for the media to find this stuff out without needing to rely on an official announcement.

There's bound to be an entire specially-selected team ready to go at a moment's notice at the hospital Will and Kate will use, security checks will have to be carried out in the days and weeks beforehand, their staff as well as the staff of the Queen and PoW are bound to know in the run up to the labour where it's going to happen. A brown envelope with a few notes in it slipped to the right person and the press will get plenty of info, confidentiality agreements or no.

Of course sections of the press will know which hospital Kate will use beforehand, the royals won't need to announce it for the press to find out. As we saw at the KEVII hospital, there are ways for the media to find this stuff out without needing to rely on an official announcement.

There's bound to be an entire specially-selected team ready to go at a moment's notice at the hospital Will and Kate will use, security checks will have to be carried out in the days and weeks beforehand, their staff as well as the staff of the Queen and PoW are bound to know in the run up to the labour where it's going to happen. A brown envelope with a few notes in it slipped to the right person and the press will get plenty of info, confidentiality agreements or no.

If that's true, i find it quite silly to tell people information they don't need to know for obvious reasons. Pick their team, and when Catherine goes into labour tell them then. Makes better sense to me so the info doesn't leak.
I never mentioned The Queen or POW or Catherine and William's staff not knowing so I'm sure why you mentioned them.

:previous: I think you've pretty much got it, Lumutqueen - and I don't think you're old enough to remember when Diana had William (I am).

There was no internet back when William was born, but it wasn't the dark ages, either - TV, radio, newspapers and magazines were quite frenetic about getting Diana scoops. However, I distinctly remember hearing on the radio that Diana was at the hospital about to give birth and I saw it on the TV news as well and no one scooped anyone else. I can only think that the palace put it out there - so that the public knew - that William's birth was imminent because everyone knew. It was a historic occasion!

I was puzzled at first why people think there is going to be an attempt to keep things from the press/public when Kate goes into labour. And then I realized that the security breach fiasco surrounding Kate's hospital admission at King Edward Hospital for HG was colouring everyone's perception. But a significant number of royals have been having their babies, not at the hospital where Kate was for HG, but at St. Mary's Hospital. Anne led the way by having Peter and Zara there, Diana had both William and Harry at St. Mary's and other royal babies have been born at St. Mary's as well. There have been - to the best of my knowledge - no security breaches at all while royals have been having their babies at St. Mary's - so obviously they are not only have a top notch maternity and neonatal unit, but they are also well versed in security for royals and their newborns.

Do I know for sure that William and Kate will choose St. Mary's for the delivery of their child? No, of course not. Do I know for sure that it will be announced to the press (and therefore the public) that Kate is in labour? No, of course not. Do I know for sure that a public notice will be hung from the gates of Buckingham Palace? No, of course not.

But I'm pretty sure that William and Kate will not be heading back to King Edward VII hospital for their child's delivery, so where else are they going to go?

Last edited:
Pick their teams so the media won't know? All that has to happen is for someone in the hospital to see them for the media to know. The news will get out faster if they do a Fred and Mary or a Jay-Z and Beyonce and hire out the whole hospital floor

That being said, I don't think they will hide it. The palace will announce it when she's in labor

If that's true, i find it quite silly to tell people information they don't need to know for obvious reasons. Pick their team, and when Catherine goes into labour tell them then. Makes better sense to me so the info doesn't leak.
I never mentioned The Queen or POW or Catherine and William's staff not knowing so I'm sure why you mentioned them.

You claimed that you were "not sure how they're (the press) going to know before" Kate goes into hospital. My point was that it's incredibly simple for the press to know before an announcement is made. A quiet whisper in the ear of someone with knowledge (and there will be several people with such knowledge for logistical reasons) of Kate's plans for her labour and Bob's your uncle.

There is no possible way for royals to prevent leaks. They make announcements to make it all official and put it on record.

There is no possible way for royals to prevent leaks.

That's not true. You tell people you trust, I somehow doubt they're going to leak the information to forgo your trust. It's quite simple really.

Lumetqueen said:
...I simply stated that the press will know when Catherine is there, I'm not sure how they're going to know before it seems unlikely they'll announce it for obvious security reasons.
...That being said, I don't think they will hide it. The palace will announce it when she's in labor
That's my point, it doesn't matter if someone "leaks" that they've seen Kate in the hospital because by that time (historically) it's been announced by the palace to everyone anyway. The link I provided appears to back my recollection (that the palace announces it as soon as Kate goes to/gets to the hospital) as this baby is likely to be on the throne one day, so it's a very historic, celebrated occasion.

Last edited:
That's not true. You tell people you trust, I somehow doubt they're going to leak the information to forgo your trust. It's quite simple really.

Everyone can be deceived, unfortunately. People sell out for all sorts of reasons.

In the end, I hope they have strictest security at hospital because this is going to cause a huge furor of attention, even tho it really shouldn't, IMO.

The royals don't have the luxury of only having to tell people they trust. For one thing, their police protection officers have to be informed well in advance of where the labour will take place so it can be made secure. As we saw with the PPOs who staff the gates at 10 Downing Street, such police officers are not at all averse to giving info to journalists in return for some form of quid pro quo.

Unfortunately, police in this country often cannot be trusted as Leveson, Hillsborough and 'Plebgate' have shown.

*snort* You put enough zeroes at the end of a figure and some people will happily sell you out. Yes, even people you thought you could trust. Pretty much the only people William and Kate can implicitly trust are their immediate family and maybe a few security people. Everyone else can be, unfortunately, suspect. That's just the way things are.

*snort* You put enough zeroes at the end of a figure and some people will happily sell you out. Yes, even people you thought you could trust. Pretty much the only people William and Kate can implicitly trust are their immediate family and maybe a few security people. Everyone else can be, unfortunately, suspect. That's just the way things are.

I don't think that hospital staff and staff working for the BRF are not to be trusted. Your perceptions come across as very cynical. :ermm:

Anyway, what will actually happen (IMO) is paps will be parked outside KP on an ongoing basis - regardless of pregnancy because its what they did to Diana and they will do it to the Cambridges as well. She will be seen to leave KP and the word will be out in approx. 10 secs. Other paps will rush to, I assume, St Marys. They won't be anywhere near the entrance that the couple will use. There will be no visitors. William and Catherine will leave by the front door hopefully 24-36 hours later and the baby-fest will ensue.

I do think the Middletons will visit Catherine and the baby in the hospital. Possibly Charles & Camilla and Harry will too.

Here is what's going to happen:

1. Kate goes into labour and is driven to the hospital. The palace lets the media know that she is in labour.

2. The media set up camp outside the Hospital waiting for news.

3. Kate gives birth, the palace announces it.

4. William and Kate emerge from the hospital with baby for a photo op.

:flowers:

I do think the Middletons will visit Catherine and the baby in the hospital. Possibly Charles & Camilla and Harry will too.

It has never happened - truly! Its cos they are never in there long enough. Husbands were the only visitors that I can remember, though happy to be told otherwise.

Generally speaking royals dont visit royals in hospital. Only time I remember is Prince PHilip and (I think) Princess Margaret.

CORRECTION: It wasn't Princess Margaret, it was the Queen Mother

Last edited:
Well, I do remember The Queen visiting Anne, Diana and Sarah when they gave birth. Diana's parents visited her in the hospital. Diana even visited Sarah while she was in hospital after giving birth. I don't understand why you may think royals don't visit each other in the hospital after giving birth.

Because I dont remember what you remember

Generally speaking royals dont visit royals in hospital. Only time I remember is Prince PHilip and (I think) Princess Margaret.

i believe The Queen visited Sophie in hospital after the birth of Lady Louise.

i believe The Queen visited Sophie in hospital after the birth of Lady Louise.

Yes she did for Louise, because Sophie was seriously ill - apologies for missing that one. I've seen a quote that describes that visit as "unprecedented". I think that generally they dont do hospital visits (or funerals for that matter) because its could be disruptive and removes the focus on the important person or family.

I understood that generally they send flowers and telephone - this also (hopefully) enables private and longer chats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom