The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

VERY happy to hear she's due in July. I'm born in July as well! Also thrilled we got confirmation about whether or not it's twins. I'm also relieved Catherine will still be doing some royal engagements. Was worried we wouldn't see her till July after last week's tweet.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
VERY happy to hear she's due in July. I'm born in July as well! Also thrilled we got confirmation about whether or not it's twins. I'm also relieved Catherine will still be doing some royal engagements. Was worried we wouldn't see her till July after last week's tweet.
I think we'll see her again in a month I'm relieved she's feeling better!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Trivia on being born on English soil: The youngest heir to the pretender throne of the Jacobites is Joseph Wendel, son of Duke Alois and his wife Sophie of Leichtenstein. He was born in England while his dad was working there. He is about 18 years old now. Many of the Jacobites (Stuart followers) claim that this line of descent is the true one of English kings. Duke Alois and Sophie do NOT make any claims like this. But it's interesting that he was temporarily working in England at the time of Joseph Wendel's birth.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Nobody knows the due date, we know the month that Catherine is due in. The baby will arrive when it arrives but Catherine's due date is in July.

I've never seen other royal houses announce a month early.
Fantastic! A Fourth of July baby at my house. I am talking to my congressman now about the details.

George I was born in Germany.....
Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Courtier

I bet everything I have, that the baby will come in June already .... and they just said July to get rid of the masses of journalists in front of the hospitel already 4 weeks before due date....

Bye Bine
Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Courtier

My Birthday is in July so we may share a Birthday.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I bet everything I have, that the baby will come in June already .... and they just said July to get rid of the masses of journalists in front of the hospitel already 4 weeks before due date....

Bye Bine
Why would they be at the hospital for weeks before the birth? I was around when William and Harry were born and this is exactly what happens:

Prince William: How a CBS News Correspondent Came to Announce Royal's Birth to British People - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Quote:
The cameraman, Johnny Peters, was a bit of a legend in the London bureau. He was an Englishman well versed in the ways of his people.

"We don't want to go to the hospital," Peters told me. "We want to go to the palace. That's where we will get the news first."

Peters told me the birth of a royal child is traditionally announced by simply hanging a small notice on the gate of Buckingham Palace, so we headed down to the palace...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
Why would they be at the hospital for weeks before the birth? I was around when William and Harry were born and this is exactly what happens:

Prince William: How a CBS News Correspondent Came to Announce Royal's Birth to British People - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
Thank you! This notion that press are going to stalk the hospital weeks from the start of June is obsurd. It's a waste of their time and money. They'll arrive when Catherine is admitted.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Then again, there was no Internet in 1982. No Twitter or even Facebook or instantaneous news updates or rumors being posted or tweeted. Everything is so different now. I guess we'll find out in a few months what the paparazzi will do as the time nears. I doubt they'll be camping out in front of the hospital or Kensington Palace (if that's where the Cambridges will be by then), but they'll have spies, no doubt.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

How is the procedure after the birth?

Will there be salutes? A service at Westminster Abbey? Will the tv stations stopp their broadcast for the breaking news?

Thanks for your answers!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
but they'll have spies, no doubt.
Spies, really? Are we MI5 now? When Catherine is admitted, to whichever hospital she chooses (there are a number of them) from whicever place she currently resides. SJP will tell the press, they will go to the hospital.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

It will be considered "breaking news" - the media will ask people in the street what do they think and they will wheel out the dreadful pundits including Katherine Williams (the worst) to give information on what it means to the monarchy. They will gabble at length about whether it was a natural birth or not and all the men will stop watching and go to the pub!

Then there will be complaints if the names are not announced immediately - a given I think. Then there will be debate on the actual names and the godparents and by then the entire national will be bored rigid and have gone to the pub - which will be good for the economy.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
How is the procedure after the birth?

Will there be salutes? A service at Westminster Abbey? Will the tv stations stopp their broadcast for the breaking news?

Thanks for your answers!
I'd assume the news of birth would be "breaking news" or "just in" not just in the United Kingdom, but also in other countries of the Realm and probably most English-speaking states too.

An official announcement of the birth will be released by the Buckingham Palace, followed by the Clarence House and St James Palace. Immediately afterwards, the announcement will be picked up by major broadcasting companies (BBC and other); usually the National Anthem is played immediately after the birth is announced (as happened when then Princess Elizabeth gave birth to Prince Charles). Some days later, the Buckingham Palace will release a further announcement which will include the baby's names.

Gun salutes do indeed occur after royal births. If a boy, a 41 gun salute will be fired in Hyde Park, the Tower of London and across the country. If a girl, I think the tradition was 20 gun salutes (although it is possible that the first born girl - as Heiress Apparent under the yet-to-be-adopted rules - may get the full 41 salute as well).

Other traditions concerning royal births include baptising in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace using water from River Jordan. The christening robe will almost certainly be Queen Victoria's Honiton silk and lace christening robe (or replica of thereof) - a family heirloom worn by five generations of the Royal Family

The number of Godparents is basically up to the couple; I would expect at least four but no more than seven. Foreign royals will almost certainly not feature among them with the possible exception of a member of the Greek Royal Family (honouring Prince Philip's side of family).
Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
It will be considered "breaking news" - the media will ask people in the street what do they think and they will wheel out the dreadful pundits including Katherine Williams (the worst) to give information on what it means to the monarchy. They will gabble at length about whether it was a natural birth or not and all the men will stop watching and go to the pub!

Then there will be complaints if the names are not announced immediately - a given I think. Then there will be debate on the actual names and the godparents and by then the entire national will be bored rigid and have gone to the pub - which will be good for the economy.
I agree on all of that! But it's how the press works, we saw it with the wedding, we saw it when Catherine was admitted. They're the press, they want to know things. Frankly I want to know that name as soon as the baby pops out!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

me too! I still want Charlotte Rose

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Other traditions concerning royal births include baptising in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace using water from River Jordan. The christening robe will almost certainly be Queen Victoria's Honiton silk and lace christening robe - a family heirloom worn by five generations of the Royal Family
Well not the original gown but the copy made of it since the original is now to fragile and has been retired.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Wasn't it restored some years ago? Although they'll still probably use a replica.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The old Christening gown was preserved, James, Viscount Severn was christened in the replica.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

The idea that the press won't know fairly instantly what hospital Kate is taken to to give birth is absurd. Someone, whether it be their own staff, palace staff, a police protection officer or a staff member at the hospital concerned will tip off the press, whether on Twitter, or using text messages or phone calls. It will be impossible to keep such information out of the hands of the media. The only reason the press weren't tipped off about the pregnancy (sorry, but I think despite what he says the photographer from Ikon just got lucky, even a stopped clock is right twice a day) is because William and Kate had told no-one, until hospital treatment was required.

The first tradition on big occasions like this, whether it concerns births or deaths in the RF, is for a physical statement to be hung on the gate of BP (here is the announcement of Prince William's birth). Of course, in this day and age a statement will also be issued to the press using up to date means also.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Majesty

I thought the Cambridges baby will be christened in the same gown William & Harry was christened in. Is this the same gown you all are talking about?

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge