Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there was some worry with Eugiene fitting into the gown since she much older than most royal babies.

Press wise they almost have to at least what William's parents did. Leaving the hospital like they did in December but with baby c on the outside this time. A set of professional photo released in front of the christening. Calling Mario Testino. Please no matching shirts photo please and can we get one with first child lupo in it :) Pool video coverage of the family post christening on the day. Posed photos with baby with godparents, baby with immediate family, plus you need the 4 monarchs shot with Elizabeth holding the baby with Charles and William . Then the same shot with Phillip added in. He can hold the baby if he wants because Phil can do what Phil wants.

At Zara's christening at the Palace, there was one picture with four generations of royal ladies (The Queen, the Queen Mother, Anne and Zara) sitting on the couch. Anne was wearing a yellow sundress with matching hat.

There has to be a similar photo with every baby from Peter to Eugenie. There is a 4 gen shot with baby Charles and baby Anne with queen Mary, George vi and then princess Elizabeth. With baby c, you can do 4 kings/queens which has not been possible since queen Victoria and the baby future Edward VIII

There has to be a similar photo with every baby from Peter to Eugenie. There is a 4 gen shot with baby Charles and baby Anne with queen Mary, George vi and then princess Elizabeth. With baby c, you can do 4 kings/queens which has not been possible since queen Victoria and the baby future Edward VIII

Technically speaking, they could have done the 4 kings/queens with Charles, they would have just had to pull Uncle David out for the picture.

I think we have seen group photos of all the Godparents with the baby up until Viscount Severn. I still don't see why Ed and Sophie chose to not release a photo like that. The one we got Edward, Sophie and James was cute and James was super chubby in the photo, but I would have loved a group photo.

I hope we see a group shot of baby Cambride, particularly a Monarch shot as that would be a piece of history.

I have seen that picture. It is posted below.

The First Picture was taken after Edward VIII Birth and the Second one is was taken in 1899. By then Edward VIII was 5.

Queen Victoria, The Future Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 243
  • picture2.jpg
    picture2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
I too would like to see Sophie and Edward as godparents, along with Anne and Timothy. To fill out the lineup, perhaps one of the younger cousins of William, such as Alexander, the son of the Duke of Gloucester and one of the grandchildren of the Duke of Kent, such as Lord Downpatrick, or Marina Charlotte, or Amelia. It's good to get younger godparents in order to have them still in fighting shape as the baby gets to be a teenager and then an adult.

one of the grandchildren of the Duke of Kent, such as Lord Downpatrick, or Marina Charlotte, or Amelia.

Can you have Roman Catholics as godparents of the future head of the COE?

Sophie maybe, Anne, Timothy and Edward are unlikely considered the other options they have.

Can you have Roman Catholics as godparents of the future head of the COE?

Sophie maybe, Anne, Timothy and Edward are unlikely considered the other options they have.

I would say not. Religion is not my reasoning bearing in mind that Greek Royals are not Anglicans and they have been royal godparents in the past.
Godparents are chosen by the parents - so its people they know quite well. So I would rule out any Glos. or Kents.

Harry; Sophie; Van Cutsems; Greek Royals; Middletons; Van Straubenzee; Spencers (one of Diana's sisters) - I think this is the pool for final selection

I think people are leaving out Kates girlfriends from School Emilia jardine Paterson and Trini Lough Foyle. I think its very likely that one if not both will be godparents. I actually would like to see them choose Beatrice and Peter from the royals. Not sure if i think they will feel the need to choose one of their siblings.

I agree that they may not used their siblings as godparents. The aunt/uncle outranks godparents. I think the William is closer to Peter and Zara than his York cousins. You could also see someone like Viscount Linley or Sarah Chatto. Kate should have some of her friends also.

I agree that they may not used their siblings as godparents. The aunt/uncle outranks godparents. I think the William is closer to Peter and Zara than his York cousins. You could also see someone like Viscount Linley or Sarah Chatto. Kate should have some of her friends also.

I agree with the choice of Peter or Zara over Beatrice or Eugenie as he essentially grew up with the Phillips' siblings and spends a great deal more time with them. Part of me doesn't think they will be chosen, unless one of them is godparent to Savannah or Isla. I also agree that their siblings will not be chosen, but you never know! Charles and Diana chose Andrew for Harry and Anne chose Charles for Peter. Only Edward and Anne do not have nieces or nephews as godchildren.

I prefer the choice of Sophie or someone of that generation. Sarah Chatto would be a nice choice but Sarah has quite a few Royal godchildren! (Lady Rose and Lady Louise Windsor to name two.) I imagine some close friends (Van Cutsems perhaps) will be chosen.

Sarah is also one of Harry's godparents. Sophie is a great choice. Sam Whaley-Cohen would be a good choice since he is both a Kate & Will friend.

Sarah is also one of Harry's godparents. Sophie is a great choice. Sam Whaley-Cohen would be a good choice since he is both a Kate & Will friend.

Sarah is a popular choice! She is a lovely lady though so she is a good choice. Sarah and Edward were quite close growing up so it's no surprise he choice her for Louise.

Nice comments from Mike. Hurry up and have a baby, Mike!

One person I think just may be a strong contender for a godparent is Laura Lopes. W&K attended her wedding in 2006 and her daughter Eliza was one of the cuties in their wedding party.

I wonder if William & Catherine will name a foreign royal to be a godparent too?

I wonder if William & Catherine will name a foreign royal to be a godparent too?

TBH, I think they will go with people they are personally close to from their families and friends. From what I gather, there aren't really any foreign royals that they seem to have a personal relationship with.

TBH, I think they will go with people they are personally close to from their families and friends. From what I gather, there aren't really any foreign royals that they seem to have a personal relationship with.

Given that this is the christening of the future monarch, does the Queen have some say on choice of godparents? In any event, given that this is the future monarch, I would say there will be less personal choice and more selection based on a sense of duty. I would guess a selection from the Windsors, the Middletons and the Spencers would be most appropriate - perhaps Laura Fellowes as the eldest of the Spencer cousins, along with Harry, Pippa and perhaps Peter Phillips. This seems a logical mix.

However, I'm not sure that the BRF has a habit of choosing foreign royals for godparents, and if they stated NOW, which ones would they start choosing?

Speaking of royals, anyone think they would choose Carl-Phillip of Sweden and his girlfriend? :lol:

In any event, given that this is the future monarch, I would say there will be less personal choice and more selection based on a sense of duty.

No offence, but unless someone takes on the godparent role super seriously, what do they actually do? Do they actually make a difference other than being there in case of "emergency"?

No offence, but unless someone takes on the godparent role super seriously, what do they actually do? Do they actually make a difference other than being there in case of "emergency"?

Honestly it depends upon the parents and the godparent to determine what type of relationship/responsibility that would exist. With my own children my sister is one of the godparents and she would be responsible for ensuring that my children are learning about their faith and having God in their lives. However she is not one of their appointed guardians.

This was not my point at all. My point is that being named a godparent is an honor, and the honor of being named godparent of the heir to the throne will be very carefully bestowed, IMO.

I had 6 godparents. They were good for birthday and Christmas presents and the occassional holiday invite, but left no lasting mark as far as I can tell. After my parents deaths I read my guardianship papers they had drawn up. My godparents were not named as my guardian, that honour went to an aunt and my eldest brother who fortunately never had to take up the duty.

This was not my point at all. My point is that being named a godparent is an honor, and the honor of being named godparent of the heir to the throne will be very carefully bestowed, IMO.

I know that was not your point, it was mine. I was intriqued by your comment "based on a sense of duty" I have two godparents, in name only, and they were named godparents for the sole purpose of if something happened to my parents they were asked to look after me. These two people are family, so I see them on a week by week basis and they have in their own way brought me up. That would be my definition of a godparent. Therefore IMO it is wise to choose family members, people the parents are close to and whom they trust. The heir to the throne or not, this child is going to be influence and cared for by it's family and royals are probably the closest family you'll ever see.

My point being a godparent should be that close family member who's going to be around to see your grow up, not someone who's going to think being godparent to the heir to the throne is something to put on a CV.

There's no careful about it IMO, these aren't the days when godparents might jump at the chance to be the childs regent with goals of ruling the world.

I think the godparents will be

Edward/Sophie
Laura Lopes or one of the Van Cutsems
prince Harry
Pippa
Either one of Zara/Peter/Beatrice/Eugenie

I'd like to see one o the Spencer relatives Lady Jane, Baroness Fellowes to be precise.

I don't think any foreign royals will be asked to be godparents

If they choose any foreign royalty at all, I'm almost certain it's gonna be some of the Greek royals (it would be a nice nod to Philip's side of the family, plus King Constantine II is William's godfather and William is Constantine-Alexios' godfather). Still going with my old guess of Harry, Pippa, Peter or Zara, a Greek royal (either Pavlos or Theodora) and a friend (possibly a van Cutsem).

Ideally, a godparent should not be a party-animal but a more serious person. Sophie and Edward would be fine. Some of the younger royals who are homebodies and not in the limelight might be worth considering, such as Alexander of Gloucester (don't know his actual title) and/or George of Kent. These people are not "young" but are young enough to be around as the child grows up. None of these people are party animals (I used the phrase party animal because the similar-meaning phrase from my youth, "cafe society", did not ring a bell here). There are others I don't know of...Sarah Chatto probably. And close friends of William and Kate whom I don't know at all but are "serious" people. Harry may become a serious person--if they think he really will, then he might be a good godparent. He surely will be fond of the child, and that is the most important thing.
My godparent was my aunt, long long deceased--miss her.

I totally disagree that a godparent needs to be boring and settled and traditional. My favorite uncle is my godfather and he's a fun loving guy who loved going out and seeing music and drinking when he was in his twenties, like most people.

I find it grating how many people around here use the word "partying" as a negative.

Clearly Tiggy Legge-Bourke thought Harry was capable of being serious enough to be a godfather, as she asked him to be a godfather to her elder son, Fred (William is reportedly the godfather of her younger son, Tom).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom