The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

LOL, she hasn't even delivered the first baby yet and we're already starting on the second!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

Usually when royals have children, they don't take big gaps between their births, normally around 1.5~3 years is the gap between siblings. Should they wait more or not is up to them, but I would want to believe that they will give Cambridge Baby a sibling after 2 years at least. I love big families and children, and it shows that William and Catherine do as well, unless she has some problems when giving birth, I'm sure she will want more children of her own.

I know the baby isn't even born yet, but when I try to imagine what will be like in 2 or 3 years from now, I imagine adorable Cambridge Baby (then a toddler) with cute Baby II with lots of love and hugs!!! (I remenber when Leonor kissed her sister, so cute! Or when Elisabeth and Gabriel kissed Eleonore, it melts my heart!!!)

Old 04-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

Kathie Sophia, I hate to remind that Kate has already had a problem with birth, that is, having HG. I hadn't thought it was necessarily something that happens with every birth in a family, but the threads here have given information that it is often, if not usually, continued in each pregnancy of a woman who has it in her first. The Duchess may not want to do this again soon. I have not heard of any way to prevent it, have you, or has any one? I suppose it's slightly easier to handle if one is royal and has a lot of help from nannies, cooks, and nurses. I would say that at the very least IV feeding of the mother should be anticipated. We don't know if Katherine will have any problems at delivery, as I don't think those are associated with HG.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

Well, there's all that "heir and spare" thing.

I believe a lot of people will expect her to have at least another child.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

She'll probably do it, Brazilian, but there are other heirs with baby potential, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie. Lady Louise won't be having babies soon, but of course it will be a long time (we think) until the current generation will produce a monarch. James Wessex even. So no rush?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
She'll probably do it, Brazilian, but there are other heirs with baby potential, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie. Lady Louise won't be having babies soon, but of course it will be a long time (we think) until the current generation will produce a monarch. James Wessex even. So no rush?
Of course, but people expect the "heir and spare" from the direct heir to the Throne and his/her consort. In this case, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 AM
Royal Highness

BrazilianEmpire I see your point there, I always heard about "Heir and Spare", because its a way to secure the "direct" line of sucession. I remenber Letizia had problems with her first pregnancy, even delivering with C-section,despite all the problems she had, she got pregnant again to produce a spare (of course it wasn't only the main reason) and got a worse pregnancy than her first, after the "heir and spare" births, she never got pregnant again because she didn't want to.
So I believe that even if Catherine had her HG and is eventually to have on her second pregnancy, she will probably endure it to produce a spare (of course with other reasons as well).
Old 04-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Majesty

I do think William & Catherine will be blessed with another baby but I think they are more concentrated on the one that will arrive in a few months time.

I just think its beautiful to watch these two now starting a family. I'm sure a lot of people will get emotional on the day of the birth.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Nobility

Kate did comment she did not want to wait until she's 40 to have children
Her mum did mention when you are in the baby making mode you will understand ,Kate will have alot of help unlike us,she will have nannies and her mum.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Majesty

Will Kate give birth in an NHS hospital?
Will Kate give birth in an NHS hospital? | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express
Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Majesty

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4m
OK so lots of royal baby news today! Kate revealed her baby is due in mid-July and she will be stopping royal duties sometime in June

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4m
She also said she and William have a shortlist of names but it's really difficult and her friends keep texting her names
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Serene Highness

The best thing the Duchess of Cambridge can do is research in list of English and British Kings and Queen since William the Conqueror, and choose a name that pleases both she and her husband, and Her Majesty the Queen, of course.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness

With HG, it's not just a matter of "enduring". It can be actually life-threatening. and it can happen even to a healthy looking woman like Kate, to be more than inconvenienced with HG. I think Kate will probably nurse the baby, so this may hold off another pregnancy for a while. When I had HG, I threw up EVERYTHING including medications.
I should have had frequent IV's, that's why I suggest Kate and her docs should plan on IV intervention even before she gets sick. They simply don't know the mechanism of HG (not that I've read) but I think it may happen more to slender women who diet a lot.
That is just a guess. This whole thing, and also watching Downton Abbey, where one of the characters had toxemia and died of it, made me realize that dangers of pregnancy still abound. My mom had toxemia when she carried me, and we both barely survived, and she never had another baby. And my mom was not a "sick" invalid type, hardly ever went to doctors. She was a slender, athletic woman, not a hypochondriac. Anyway, I'm ranting, but I can see good reason to hope that others have the "spare", whatever may be expected of the direct heirs to the throne.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
With HG, it's not just a matter of "enduring". It can be actually life-threatening. and it can happen even to a healthy looking woman like Kate, to be more than inconvenienced with HG. I think Kate will probably nurse the baby, so this may hold off another pregnancy for a while.
There is still the fact that once the baby is born and in your arms, you totally forget all the nasty stuff you endured during your pregnancy. Although I can attest to the fact that this statement is true, one never does forget totally.

I do think Kate will have more than one child and I do think they will be born close together in age. The first pregnancy is always the hardest and with the second, things aren't quite as scary and lessons are learned from the first pregnancy.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
The best thing the Duchess of Cambridge can do is research in list of English and British Kings and Queen since William the Conqueror, and choose a name that pleases both she and her husband, and Her Majesty the Queen, of course.
Why does it have to pease the Queen? I did not know that she has a say in the name of the baby. Is that a normal thing?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post

Why does it have to pease the Queen? I did not know that she has a say in the name of the baby. Is that a normal thing?
Apparently she has a veto power, which I think is nonsense.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nonsense that she has veto power, or nonsense that we believe she has it?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Courtier

Queen Fifi Trixiebelle? King Brooklyn? The Monarch has veto power for a reason. Although it seems unlikely that she will need to exercise it, at least not in this case.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

When Beatrice and Eugenie were born, I read that the parents wanted to call one of them Sophia. But the queen vetoed it. I also read that the Queen consulted with foreign royals about the name. Maybe that much consultation will not be in effect this time. I do not know why the queen object to "Sophia". I do not think Sophie Wessex was in the picture at that time.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Nonsense that she has veto power, or nonsense that we believe she has it?
Nonsense that she has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Queen Fifi Trixiebelle? King Brooklyn? The Monarch has veto power for a reason.
Yes because clearly past royal children have shown a lot of parents choosing fifi trixiebelle and Brooklyn yes? Royals have enough common sense to know who their own children are, naming them something stupid isn't going to happen. Veto power or not.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge