Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible to conceal pregnancy if the mother has HG, as Kate did. I suspect the Middletons knew about it weeks before anyone else, as the nausea starts in most people within weeks, not months. With me i was in the hospital with nausea one week after conception, dx'd pregnant at two weeks from conception. What a lot of fuss that was.

Personally - I don't think this due date thing in the press is a big deal.

First - due dates are rarely delivery dates (unless you have scheduled a C Section), what with human biology being an inexact science.

Second, any number of us here in the forums have said that we thought mid July was our best guess. Given any info that has been out there, it is a solid, good guess. Any number of us have been looking at the calendar, too. ;)

Finally - that little by or girl will come when they are good and ready.

Happy Mom's Day to all the US Moms BTW. And anywhere else it is mom's day today!

Last edited:
Babies show up when they want. Her due date could be July 13 but if he or she decides that next week is a better time, then that's when he/she will arrive.

I agree. Babies come when they want to come. Personally I arrived a month early and was still over 7lbs. My then 45 yr old mother, already the mother of 4 between the ages of 19 and 10 yrs, had been told she was having twins but on the day only I showed up. Surprise!!

For the first time, in the British monarchy if a daughter is first born to an heir, she will be heir not heiress presumptive. That is so historical, so cool.

It's impossible to conceal pregnancy if the mother has HG, as Kate did. I suspect the Middletons knew about it weeks before anyone else, as the nausea starts in most people within weeks, not months. With me i was in the hospital with nausea one week after conception, dx'd pregnant at two weeks from conception. What a lot of fuss that was.

Base on how early it was announce to the public, I doubt the Middletons knew weeks beforehand

With a July birth, it could arrive on any number of fortuitous days:

July 1; Diana's birthday
July 4; a Yankee Doodle Dandy!
July 14; Bastille day and Crown Princess Victoria's birthday
July 17; Camilla's birthday (admit it; how awesome would that be! :eek:)

July 1; Diana's birthday
July 4; a Yankee Doodle Dandy!
July 14; Bastille day and Crown Princess Victoria's birthday

July 20: Crown Prince Haakons birthday.

Not yet she won't.

Thank you, Lumutqueen for the reminder that while Parliament has passed such a law The Succession to the Crown Act 2013 in April 2013, it needs to be approved by the 15 Commonwealth Nations. However, the law is based on principles decided by those Commonwealth nations when meeting in Perth, Australia, in October 2011. Therefore there is little reason to think it won’t be approved. Unless you Brits know something what isn't in the news yet.
You are technically correct, it remains ‘not yet’.
Please forgive my presumptuous American claim, haste, and cheer at such a momentous event in the history of humanity. The welcoming of a possible, female heir to such a famous throne and in my lifetime!

Thank you, Lumutqueen for the reminder that while Parliament has passed such a law The Succession to the Crown Act 2013 in April 2013, it needs to be approved by the 15 Commonwealth Nations. However, the law is based on principles decided by those Commonwealth nations when meeting in Perth, Australia, in October 2011. Therefore there is little reason to think it won’t be approved. Unless you Brits know something what isn't in the news yet.
You are technically correct, it remains ‘not yet’.
Please forgive my presumptuous American claim, haste, and cheer at such a momentous event in the history of humanity. The welcoming of a possible, female heir to such a famous throne and in my lifetime!

Of course it'll be passed, eventually. But I doubt by July when the baby is due. Personally I'm hoping for a boy, it'll make life a lot easier.

Of course it'll be passed, eventually. But I doubt by July when the baby is due. Personally I'm hoping for a boy, it'll make life a lot easier.

:D And then too, the baby will be the heir to the heir of the heir apparent to the throne. Talk about splitting heirs eh?

I think its going to be a boy myself.

Whew, you had me concerned there for a moment Lumutqueen!
I believe the law will pass eventually as well. If it isn’t passed by the birth, does that mean if a girl, she won’t become the heir?
I prefer a boy, too. It is just the concept that a female heir is going to become a reality, one day that to me, is really cool.

I believe the law will pass eventually as well. If it isn’t passed by the birth, does that mean if a girl, she won’t become the heir?
I prefer a boy, too. It is just the concept that a female heir is going to become a reality, one day that to me, is really cool.

They may have to change the wording of the law if it is a girl. Similar to the Swedish situation.

Once the law is passed in all Commonwealth Realms, it will take effect for everyone born in October 28, 2011 onwards.

The law is set to be retroactive up until a certain date (I think in 2010). As long as they don't change the date that it's retroactive to, then it doesn't matter if the law is passed before or after the baby is born (assuming that it's a girl).

:D And then too, the baby will be the heir to the heir of the heir apparent to the throne. Talk about splitting heirs eh?

I think its going to be a boy myself.

Lol!
Very true.

July 1; Diana's birthday

My Darling Gracie,
You poke hornets nests! Take cover and prednisone!

Having said that, I firmly believe there will be a name, in the very long line up of given names, to honor the baby's late grandmother.

Last edited:
The baby will choose the time and date of its arrival and unless the Duchess of Cambridge decides on a C-section to determine that day, Baby C will make its entrance when it's ready. Babies respect neither schedules nor expected birth dates.

Last edited:
While we wait on baby c, how about we guess the christening date and location?

My first choice of date would have been nov 14 since it prince Charles's 65 b-day but the Commonwealth heads of govt meeting is nov 15-17 so you can't do on the 14 . So I am going with nov 20 which is a weekday and the queen and Phillip wedding anniv. and location Windsor castle.

I know Angela Kelly made a new christening gown that is identical to the one used for queen Victoria babies. Louise was the first baby to use it. I wonder if they will bust out the original one since baby c is a direct heir? It might be too fragile to be used anymore.

I know Angela Kelly made a new christening gown that is identical to the one used for queen Victoria babies. Louise was the first baby to use it. I wonder if they will bust out the original one since baby c is a direct heir? It might be too fragile to be used anymore.

Louise was actually the last to use the original gown, James was the first to use the replica. I believe the original has been retired outright.

Do the Brits christan 3 or 4 mons after the birth?

I'm guessing end of Oct, BEFOR the holidays

I suspect that the christening will take place when the Queen returns from Balmoral.

Do the Brits christan 3 or 4 mons after the birth?

I'm guessing end of Oct, BEFOR the holidays

Viscount Severn was born on 17 December 2007, and christened on 19 April 2008 (4 months).

Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor was born on 8 November 2003, and christened on 24 November 2004 (5 months).

Princess Eugenie of York was born on 23 March 1990, and christened 23 December 1990 (9 months).

Princess Beatrice of York was born on 8 August 1988, and christened on 20 December 1988 (f4 months).

Prince Harry of Wales was born on 15 September 1984, and christened 15 December 1984 (3 months).

The Duke of Cambridge was born on 21 June 1982, and christended on 4 August 1982 (The Queen Mother's 82th birthday; a month and a half).

Zara Phillips was born on 15 May 1981, and christened on 27 July 1981 (2 months).

Peter Phillips was born on 15 November 1977, and christened on 22 December 1977 (1 month).

Baby Cambridge will born on mid July, so, I bet he or she will be christened on 20 November, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's 66th wedding anniversary.

Perhaps it's to do with how big they are and if the baby fits into the Christening gown? I know there is a new one made as Viscount Severn was the first to wear, but I imagine it's only a "one size fits all", so they perhaps wait until the baby is a certain size?...I think Savannah wore the gown as well, and she was 4 months old at her christening.

Louise was actually the last to use the original gown, James was the first to use the replica. I believe the original has been retired outright.

I believe that's right as it was reported at the time of James' christening that the original has been preserved. We will likely see it on display at some celebration in the future. James was the perfect person to "christen" the new gown as he looked really chubby in it! He really filled it out, whereas the others I have seen in the gown looked drowned by the material!

I hope for baby Cambridge we get a proper picture released with all the Godparents. For James' the only image we saw was of Edward, Sophie and James in his mother's arms. I want to see all of the godparents (as I really want Sophie to be made one!)

Last edited:
I'm hoping for July 1st, but not because of Diana's Birthday. Nope!! I would love it coming then, because it would give all us Canadian Members an extra reason to celebrate. Canada's Birthday * and* the birth of our Future Monarch? It would make for one heck of a Celebration. :D

I think there was some worry with Eugiene fitting into the gown since she much older than most royal babies.

Press wise they almost have to at least what William's parents did. Leaving the hospital like they did in December but with baby c on the outside this time. A set of professional photo released in front of the christening. Calling Mario Testino. Please no matching shirts photo please and can we get one with first child lupo in it :) Pool video coverage of the family post christening on the day. Posed photos with baby with godparents, baby with immediate family, plus you need the 4 monarchs shot with Elizabeth holding the baby with Charles and William . Then the same shot with Phillip added in. He can hold the baby if he wants because Phil can do what Phil wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom