Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
However they may have told them and then not told them to keep the secret.

If you genuinely want to keep a secret you tell no one.

I really don't think any member of the BRF is stupid enough to not realize that they shouldn't be telling people the sex of the baby (assuming that they know said sex).

The Duchess has said they don't know the sex.

Unless Prince Harry and Princess Eugenie are psychics, the tabloids are lying (again).

For all we know the Duchess was simply saying they don't know it. She's already under a lot of pressure to reveal the sex, even while she's saying that she doesn't know. The minute she says "I know the sex but I'm not going to tell you" the pressure will just get worse and people asking will go to greater lengths to deliberately trip her or William (or Harry or anyone else in the family) up.

I kind of believe that they don't know. From what i understand that it isn't that common in the UK to find out. Our British members may know more about it. It is also believable that Kate knows and William doesn't especially if it is a boy since they are easier to spot on a scan. In Andrew Morton's book, Diana says she knew ahead that William and Harry were boys not the girl that Charles wanted. I don't think if W&K both know it would be spread out to entire family. Harry maybe Eugenie I don't think so.

I somehow think they probably do know the sex of the baby, unless they want to be surprised. I'm thinking Catherine's maternal instinct's is probably telling her if she's having a girl or boy.

I somehow think they probably do know the sex of the baby, unless they want to be surprised. I'm thinking Catherine's maternal instinct's is probably telling her if she's having a girl or boy.
Probably, but instincts do play tricks sometimes. My mom thought I was a boy throughout the whole pregnancy, she said it was her instinct, and I already had a boy's name choosen. But in the end, when I was born I was a girl, she had to choose a girl's name then:lol:

My mum was the same - predicted a girl all through her pregnancy with my brother and everyone around her said 'she is carrying it in such and such a way so she is having a girl' - she had a boy. With me she was carrying the same way to how she carried my brother, her instinct said I was a boy based on her earlier experience and guess what - this time a girl.

I have recently had a colleague at work who was told by everyone 'girl' - even the scan said girl - and yet a bouncy baby boy arrived.

I just had a crazy thought... What if Catherine is carrying twins (as discussed early in her pregnancy as a possible cause for the extreme nausea), but claimed a "singleton" pregnancy to quell media insanity that impending twins would cause. Wouldn't that be an amazing thing to pull off if they tricked everyone and ended up with a boy AND a girl!

I just had a crazy thought... What if Catherine is carrying twins (as discussed early in her pregnancy as a possible cause for the extreme nausea), but claimed a "singleton" pregnancy to quell media insanity that impending twins would cause. Wouldn't that be an amazing thing to pull off if they tricked everyone and ended up with a boy AND a girl!

Oh god. No. I don't think I could take the media after something like that. It'll be insane enough as it is.

That would be quite a ruse. I cant even imagine what a media frenzy it would cause. If it ends up being twins, I guess we will have our answer. I cant wait to find out.

If she's carrying twins in that tiny bump, it'd be a miracle.

I don't think it would be a miracle, my friend is expecting twin girls for June and she has a small size bump, around the size of Catherine's. For a women who is having twins she certanily doesn't look like it, but her doctor said the babies are healthy and that they are "fat" (in a good way).

However, I'm sure she's having only a child, what's the point of hiding if you're having twins? I understand it with gender, but not number. Besides, the court would announce if she were to be expecting twins.

I can see W&K doing a jungle theme nursery with kid friendly lions, rhinos, giraffes etc. Since they both love Africa

Twins can inhabit a womb with a fairly small bump if there is little amniotic fluid. This is not a good thing as far as getting delivery started, but of course the doctors will be monitoring everything. I had no amniotic fluid at all when they broke my so-called and non-existent water. This was because my baby was huge in comparison to me. Only one, but big. These things can surprise doctors. Surely surprised mine. He thought my baby was 7.5 and it was 9.5. I would have a caesarian if I did it again, especially with my daughter-in-law's great deliveries by caesarian. No harm in it, I believe, and avoids surprises. Just my guesses.

:previous: Typical DM - they make it sound like she chose that date on purpose! :lol:

And babies are known to come when they are ready. They can't read a calendar.

Mary of Denmark looked incredibly small during her twin pregnancy, and had fairly large babies for twins. That said, I'm fairly sure a twin pregnancy would have been announced here.

Not necessarily. One way or the other, I believe the Royal Family keeps their cards close to their vest.

Yes necessarily, there is no reason to hide such information and contrary to watch Gracie said Mary had quite a large bump when pregnant with twins particularly 2 months of giving birth. It was announced that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were expecting their first child not children.

Yes necessarily, there is no reason to hide such information and contrary to watch Gracie said Mary had quite a large bump when pregnant with twins particularly 2 months of giving birth. It was announced that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were expecting their first child not children.

I remember seeing that too. Put to rest any ideas that she would be having twins.

Anything is possible when it comes to pregnancies as far as the baby bunp goes. With my daughter, I only gained 12 lbs total throughout the entire pregnancy and 7lbs 2oz of it was her.

Revealed: Kate's due date is Saturday July 13... right in the middle of the Queen's Coronation party | Mail Online

Some internet sites are saying that usually first born babies are late?? The second babies are usually early?

The only thing that one can be assured of is that the baby will arrive when it is ready to. Unless one is having a ceasarean section where the date and time of birth can be planned, nothing is written in stone. Could be early. Could be late and could actually arrive on the due date. :D

Am I the only one starting to get annoyed with all the speculation the uk press is doing. Just freaking wait until she gives birth...really! Is it really necessary to find out personal information...its not really there place or an appropriate thing to do. (PS i don't believe alot of the stuff thats out there right now--and wouldn't be surprised if will and kate are lying to people, so they can keep their personal business quiet.)

Do people really think prince harry or even eugiene would know the sex i don't think so. They were some of the last people to know Will and Kate were even engaged/same as with her pregnancy announcement(none of the royals knew). I think there are alot of fluff stories right now.

And regarding her due date...most babies aren't born on them. My mom gave birth to both my sister and I 3 weeks early. Like others have said...that baby is gonna come when its good and ready and its not gonna care what is going on in their royal or personal calendars.

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms on the forum! :)

Last edited:
Do people really think prince harry or even eugiene would know the sex i don't think so. They were some of the last people to know Will and Kate were even engaged/same as with her pregnancy announcement(none of the royals knew). I think there are alot of fluff stories right now.

I certainly think Henry knows the sex of his first neice or nephew, why wouldn't he? We've seen on countless occasions the three are extremely close. I'm not sure where you get your information from about the engagement, and the pregnancy well no royals knew because I doubt at 12 weeks Catherine and William wanted to tell anyone anything until it was safer and sounder. The whole world found out because of her hospitalisation.

I have no doubt that if Catherine and William know then some members of the family know as well, including Harry (I don't know that Catherine and William do know, as they've said they don't).

As for the BRF not knowing before the public announcement was made, it's common to not tell people before the end of the first trimester, as the possibility of miscarriage is high then.

Am I the only one starting to get annoyed with all the speculation the uk press is doing. Just freaking wait until she gives birth...really! Is it really necessary to find out personal information...its not really there place or an appropriate thing to do. (PS i don't believe alot of the stuff thats out there right now--and wouldn't be surprised if will and kate are lying to people, so they can keep their personal business quiet.)

And regarding her due date...most babies aren't born on them. My mom gave birth to both my sister and I 3 weeks early. Like others have said...that baby is gonna come when its good and ready and its not gonna care what is going on in their royal or personal calendars.

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms on the forum! :)

The people who work for the media have bills to pay and mouths to feed, so they make up stuff or embellish. Not giving the media an excuse, but it is what it is (shrugs shoulders).

I have know idea whether Harry knows the sex but if Eugenie did know, if the circumference of knowledge goes out that far, that's too many people in on the world's biggest secret. But I don't think Harry would betray his brother's confidence and let the cat out of the bag, but who can say? I don't know Harry personally nor does anyone else here. But if Harry blabs to one person, he must realize that the information would get to the media, it's not like they're ordinary people and telling your friend, who's most likely somewhat disinterested in the sex of your brother's child anyway, would cause no real outing of the big secret.

If Will and Kate don't want anyone to know, they had best not find out themselves. Once they know, the techs who had to go looking know (if they did not look surreptitiously) It becomes impossible to keep the secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom