Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to laugh when Tabloids and Media compare Kim Kardashian to Kate Middleton. No comparison except for the fact that they Are both Pregnant and Due in July. Kate is married to the Future king of England and pregnant with a Future heir. Kim made a Sex tape that made her famous and got her onto a reality show. The Kardashian Kid is going to need years of Therapy!

I think that this would be a valid point 30 years ago. But Catherine and William don't have 100's of staff, not do they live in any royal household. I think that William in particular has a really firm grip on information regarding his friends. Their life style has really shut down available sources of information.

This tight approach to info is what drives the press wild - so I think they are having yet another punt at making it up, to see if there is any type of response.

If your point is accurate then it is true what others are saying and William has cut himself off from the royal family as otherwise they would certainly know what is happening and even share that information with other family members and that is where the staff come into it - not only the staff of William and Kate (and they do have some staff - 27 went out to Christmas with them last year) but Charles has nearly 200 and The Queen another nearly 200 not to mention Anne, Edward and Andrew who all have staff - and yes their friends families also have staff.

I don't think the members of the BRF are in daily contact . In a regular family, most are not in daily contact with their aunts, uncles and cousins. You see them at family occasions. In the BRF, they don't just pop in to see each other, your private secretary calls their private secretary and it gets set up. We saw this when Kate went with the queen and Philip to the tube station. She didn't call up the queen directly. Rebecca called the queens priv. sect. and asked and then waited for a invite from the queen.

William and Harry are notorious for being weary of leaks. They would pass a friend a false story to see if it makes the press. If it did, the friend is out of the circle. Their staff is small -12 plus the protection officers. There isnt a footman standing behind them in their dining room like downton abbey. We learn more about baby c from twitter tracking Kate shopping trips.

William and Kate operate on a need to know basis. No one outside 2 or 3 three trusted friends that have been tested over the years are privy to anything that goes on in the couples private life.
I don't think Kate tells her mum and dad any details, let alone 'Uncle Gary'
The days of phone hacking are over and William and Catherine are too circumspect to let details of their upcoming baby 'leak' to the media, and that goes for where they will live and who the godparents may be.

Days of phone hacking are not over and to even think Catherine wouldn't tell her own parents anything about their first grandchild is laughable IMO.

I think a lot of this talk is speculation and guessing as to how much they will spend on the nursery or what the nursery will look like. Probably will not be flashy or be something you would see on a reality show.

While it would be nice to send royals a gift for their baby, chances are as previous bloggers have said that they would turn the gift over to charity. I really wonder if they would actually see all the gifts that were sent to them, especially if the gifts ran into the hundreds or thousands. Do people who send a gift (wedding, baby, etc) to royals get acknowledgement of having received the gift?

Another thing that would concern me is that someone else who saw the gift might like it and then take it for themselves or someone else. Who would really know especially if there were large numbers of gift send.

Last edited:
All gifts to the BRF are logged and made public eventually. Thank you letters/cards are sent out - certainly for weddings and I remember that presents for Royal babies have been displayed.

All letters are answered apparently, even if it is just a thank you. This applies to all the family.

Personal gifts are not made public. But gifts from organisations and the general public are logged - the gifts are deemed to have been given to a member of BRF in their formal role. It stems from transparency in dealings with businesses/charities etc.

But if, for example, Michael Middleton gave Catherine a bracelet for her birthday, it would not be announced.

I think Kate tells her mum 'typical' baby happenings. Doctor's appts. , shopping for items for the nursery etc but I don't think IMO that Kate's family, including her mum are privy to the upcoming living arrangements and the all the security details that go along with that. In fact I don't think William is fully up to speed on what is happening with regards to the security details of baby Cambridge. Again JMO
The baby is months away, there is plenty of time to inform the people that need informing. The earlier you tell people, including family, the greater the possibility for leaks.

The baby is two months away. If William and Catherine have decided where they're going to live (which is Kensington palace 99% definite) then her parents will know. Catherine is incredibly family orientated, they're her safety in her life.

Whatever security arrangements are for baby Cambridge, Catherine and William will be the first to know. Nothing is decided without them, it's their child after all.

Your viewpoint seems to suggest that Catherine cannot trust her own family, with the minor day to day decisions of her life. Which I don't understand. For instance Kensington will need to be decorated for their taste and I think Catherine will turn to Carole and Pippa for advice and help.

but there's a 50/50 chance he's right! ;)

Well now Catherine's (allegedly) revealed it's a girl and Harry's (allegedly) revealed it's a boy. They've covered the bases.

Catherine has revealed it is both - the 'd' comment and the blue buggyboo thingy - suggests girl and boy.

The Alexandra bets being stopped also points to a girl.

Catherine has revealed it is both - the 'd' comment and the blue buggyboo thingy - suggests girl and boy.

The Alexandra bets being stopped also points to a girl.

The d comment was disproved the week it came out with a video that has clear audio that Kate didn't say anything close to that. The buggy story is also fishy why it is being reported 2 months later from when she said it. Plus Kate and Carole were spotted looking at buggys and car seats at a London dept store a few weeks ago.

These people kept their engagement secret for weeks and Kate kept her dress designer secret for months. They can keep a secret. It is a dead period of no events for Kate. So the press is filling it with stories of possible nurserys and look a likes at fake baby showers.

Your viewpoint seems to suggest that Catherine cannot trust her own family, with the minor day to day decisions of her life. Which I don't understand. For instance Kensington will need to be decorated for their taste and I think Catherine will turn to Carole and Pippa for advice and help.

I think advice but I have a feeling it will be her taste in the end not theirs that will end up in the apartment.

Then again, it could be a girl but harry just wants to pretend otherwise?

Prince Harry didn't officially say this, so whether or not he actually said this may or may not be true. Well, it's 50/50. Kate will either have a boy or a girl. It's possible he might have said this just to see if someone would spill the beans.

Yes, I agree. No one really knows for sure. So many things being said ---- a bit like Chinese whispers.

Then again, it could be a girl but harry just wants to pretend otherwise?

The Daily Mail also says:

Princess Eugenie, Prince William’s cousin, has also been telling friends the baby is a boy, according to another royal insider quoted by the Sunday People.

Probably Harry is planning to induct some new "friends" into his inner circle, and this is a test for them, and they fell for the bait...too tempting to resist, isnt it?
William already told he has been using this trick since a long time..

Last edited:
WHY would Harry AND Eugenie be telling friends the baby's gender? If the parents wants the gender kept secret, it would be a very rude and thoughtless thing to do, as the news was bound to leak. If your brother or cousin asks you to keep something in confidence like this, you do it. Full stop.

Therefore, I don't believe the story. Although I do think it's a boy.

However they may have told them and then not told them to keep the secret.

If you genuinely want to keep a secret you tell no one.

The Duchess has said they don't know the sex.

Unless Prince Harry and Princess Eugenie are psychics, the tabloids are lying (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom