The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I have been wondering where/how the will get all of their baby stuff. Would they just walk into a baby shop in London and buy it or perhaps online or just send a member of staff, dress them up with a fake baby bump and a list of what to buy??
Online is your best bet but we've seen Catherine out shopping in London so there's no reason she wouldn't buy things personally. Why would they send an employee out with a fake baby bump? Nobody would know who the employee was baby bump or not.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:57 AM
Aristocracy

Long, long ago {when i was a student} i had a holiday job @ Harrods. This was before Mr Al Fayed, lost the store its Royal Warrant, by his insane rants against the DoE.

A man was employed by Harrods specifically to take the calls from the Private secretary of the Royal concerned , whizz over to the residence concerned {often an hotel, if the Royals were foreign}, with a selection of goods for them to choose from.

That is how it used to be done, although quite often royals would shop in person... King Olav of Norway was a regular, as was Diana, Princess of Wales.

There was always a ripple of excitement as word spread that a royal had arrived, and was on their way...

As Lumutqueen says, online shopping is probably the preferred option, today.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Any chance in seeing baby Cambridge being wheeled around in a Silver Cross?? I love those.

I have been wondering where/how the will get all of their baby stuff. Would they just walk into a baby shop in London and buy it or perhaps online or just send a member of staff, dress them up with a fake baby bump and a list of what to buy??
as they are about to decorate their new apartment at KP, I guess they just asked their interior designer to make a mood book for the nursery and gone off from there. Or maybe auntie Annabel gave some advice?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

Seeing how good the Duke and Duchess are with children, I kinda hope they are like the Duggar family of royalty; 19, perhaps 20 little princes and princesses. All with the same initial. True, you do run out of names after, oh, 8, so they can make up some.

Diana, David, Dorothy, Donald, Delores, Daniel, Daphne, Drake, Dannielynn, Dustin, Delphine, Drew, Donnatella, Dristan, Dahlia, Dylan, Delilah, Desiree.

I'm sure the Duggars would be happy to show the Duke and Duchess their routine, and the crowd pleasers like the Tater Tot casserole and such.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

How wonderful would that be with 19/20 princesses and princes?

But to pull a Duggar, they have to have W as their first initial, after their father or might choose after their mother.

William: Walter, Wilhelmina, Wilma, Waldo, Whitney, Walfred, Wanda, Wysandra, Waltrina, Wilda, Winona, Waldemar, Wilson, Wayne, Wallis, Wendy, Wilfreda, Wyonne, Wyanet, Wardley.

Catherine: Caroline, Charlotte, Charles, Cameron, Camille, Constantine, Cecilia, Calvin, Caleb, Carissa, Candice, Caitlin, Carabelle, Calista, Corinne, Cloe, Cheriline, Ceara, Ceasar, Christina.

But since Catherine is on her 30s already and I need to be modest, so I'll say 3 or 4 children, I hope they don't pull a Diana and gives us only two
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I hope they don't pull a Diana and gives us only two
If we know anything truthful about Diana, it was her love of children. I bet she would have had dozens if she could.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
How wonderful would that be with 19/20 princesses and princes?

But to pull a Duggar, they have to have W as their first initial, after their father or might choose after their mother.

William: Walter, Wilhelmina, Wilma, Waldo, Whitney, Walfred, Wanda, Wysandra, Waltrina, Wilda, Winona, Waldemar, Wilson, Wayne, Wallis, Wendy, Wilfreda, Wyonne, Wyanet, Wardley.

Catherine: Caroline, Charlotte, Charles, Cameron, Camille, Constantine, Cecilia, Calvin, Caleb, Carissa, Candice, Caitlin, Carabelle, Calista, Corinne, Cloe, Cheriline, Ceara, Ceasar, Christina.

But since Catherine is on her 30s already and I need to be modest, so I'll say 3 or 4 children, I hope they don't pull a Diana and gives us only two
Prince Caleb-Wayne of Cambridge! Bless his heart!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

Yes I know she loved children, but I was only refering to the number of children she had
Old 03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
The Topic Is Cambridge Baby; Musings and Suggestions;
Yes that's right, musings and suggestions about the BABY. Not about the 80-year-old grown adult man/woman that will maybe exist in the future. That's for a different thread altogether in another part of the board. What you're discussing is the future of the British monarchy, and I think there's a thread already for that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If we know anything truthful about Diana, it was her love of children. I bet she would have had dozens if she could.
Eh, I don't know. She loved children, for sure, but that doesn't translate into wanting a dozen of them. Plus, she had a lot of difficulties with being pregnant- exhaustion and nausea during and then depression after.

We'll see. I can see them only having two, but maybe they'll surprise us.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Pregnant Kate Middleton shows off her baby bump - but what did other royals do?:
Pregnant Kate Middleton shows off her baby bump - but what did other royals do? - Mirror Online
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure this has been asked already...but what will the baby's title be? Lord or lady?
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm sure this has been asked already...but what will the baby's title be? Lord or lady?
Prince or princess.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
It will be Prince/ss XXX of Cambridge.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Courtier

What is anyone's thought about the venue for the baptism? Do you think it will be other than Buckingham Palace? My thought is BP, but then I thought they could surprise us -- is there a chapel at KP? HM is usually at Balmoral during the likely time of baptism; could Crathie Kirk be a possibility?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the baptism will be a traditional one. In the Music Room of Buckingham Palace.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
What is anyone's thought about the venue for the baptism? Do you think it will be other than Buckingham Palace? My thought is BP, but then I thought they could surprise us -- is there a chapel at KP? HM is usually at Balmoral during the likely time of baptism; could Crathie Kirk be a possibility?
I would be surprised if the baptism isn't in the music room at Buckingham Palace.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Doesn't have to be a chapel. Charles, Anne, Andrew and William were baptised in the The Music Room at Buckingham Palace. Henry was baptised at St George's Chapel at Windsor, Eugenie was baptised at the Church of St Mary Magdalene in Sandringham, Beatrice was christened at Chapel Royal at SJP. Viscount Severn and Lady Louise waere christened at Windsor in a private chapel, Savannah Phillips christening took place at Holy Cross Church in Avening, Gloucestershire, near Gatcombe Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the baptism will be a traditional one. In the Music Room of Buckingham Palace.
Only 4 members of the current RF have been baptised in the Music Room, everyone else has been christened or baptised elsewhere.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Only 4 members of the current RF have been baptised in the Music Room, everyone else has been christened or baptised elsewhere.
The reason I think it will be the Music Room at BP is because this child will be a future monarch. I noticed both Charles and William were baptized there. Of course anywhere it possible. We'll see when the time comes.

Doesn't the Archbishop of Canterbury use water from the River Jordan for royal baptisms too? Seems I've read that somewhere.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

FORMER royal correspondent Jennie Bond has admitted Kate and William could have a challenge ahead of them, as the world feverishly awaits the birth of the royal baby in June:
Jennie Bond: Kate and Wills will be great parents but they should prepare for baby mania | Royal | News | Daily Express

I think the article meant to say in July.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge