The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Um, no, no not really....

By the time this baby is on the throne, separation of church and state will be gone, gays will have full and equal rights, and the monarch will have been on the London Tube... oh wait, she did that today......
I not putting my money on the separation of the Church and State.

I found another two articles:

The Duchess of Cambridge and the right royal baby battle - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Royal baby: What will Britain look like under King Baby Cambridge? - MSN News UK

Old 03-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

My only prediction would be if the monarchy has survived into the 22nd century, which I think it will, it will be because it has adapted to whatever the needs and expectations are of the people it serves at that time. The monarchy is one institution in the UK that can adapt quite easily because there are no written rules.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

Any serious prediction about the future of Monarchy and of this Baby?
None of us can predict the future so I'm not sure how "serious" the replies are going to be. What do you expect?

Quote:
and the monarch will have been on the London Tube... oh wait, she did that today......
The Queen went on the London Tube in 1977, bit late Gracie.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
None of us can predict the future so I'm not sure how "serious" the replies are going to be. What do you expect?
We all know that Gracie loves to make fun about things, I was just trying to know what she really thinks on this matter.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
My only prediction would be if the monarchy has survived into the 22nd century, which I think it will, it will be because it has adapted to whatever the needs and expectations are of the people it serves at that time. The monarchy is one institution in the UK that can adapt quite easily because there are no written rules.
The Monarchy will always survive. Republic (I don't know why) aren't able to reinvent themselves, but Monarchies can do it very easily.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
We all know that Gracie loves to make fun about things, I was just trying to know what she really thinks on this matter.
I really have to give it some thought, but I agree that the role continually has to adapt, and it has to be whatever it is expected to be at the moment. Royals have a social contract with society, and this contract will continually evolve. I have the feeling that in the 22nd Century, there will be more of an emphasis on more substantial contributions. It's fine for HM to visit the Tube, esp. given her age. While Charles is derided for "meddling" I think his work on sustainable farming, for instance, and Diana's work with land mines, etc has set a stage for far larger contributions than just these appearances and ceremonial functions. I know the monarch has a governmental role, but the persons around him/her will have roles closer to what Charles and Diana had carved out for themselves.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Monarchy will always survive.
Now who's predicting the future? You can't know that for 100% fact, it is your opinion.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Now who's predicting the future? You can't know that for 100% fact, it is your opinion.
I'm the one who asked for predictions. I have no problem with someone trying to predict the future.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Alright then, by the time Baby Cambridge becomes King/Queen they'll be so awful at the job, the country will be so unamused with the monarchy after all these centuries they'll choose to abolish it and have a President. Like everyone else in the world had done by 2060.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Alright then, by the time Baby Cambridge becomes King/Queen they'll be so awful at the job, the country will be so unamused with the monarchy after all these centuries they'll choose to abolish it and have a President. Like everyone else in the world had done by 2060.
A very baleful prediction. But I think that Republics will eventually disappear (not by 2060, of course). The Monarchies are really more able to reinvent themselves in order to survive.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
A very baleful prediction. But I think that Republics will eventually disappear (not by 2060, of course). The Monarchies are really more able to reinvent themselves in order to survive.
You're more amusing than Gracie and she is a hoot and a half. We'll have a republic in the UK before we have a monarchy in the USA.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You're more amusing than Gracie and she is a hoot and a half. We'll have a republic in the UK before we have a monarchy in the USA.
I can see the USA disappearing from Earth, but I'm completely unable to see the UK becoming a Republic.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Thanks a lot whoever turned Cambridge Baby thread into survival of the monarchy thread. I didn't come to this thread to discuss this. I came here to discuss baby Cambridge.

Is it really that hard for you people to stay on topic!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Thanks a lot whoever turned Cambridge Baby thread into survival of the monarchy thread. I didn't come to this thread to discuss this. I came here to discuss baby Cambridge.

We're discussing that life will be like for the baby in the 22nd Century as monarch - that's ON topic as far as I can see.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

That would be BrazillianEmpire, the poster inquired what peoples opinions were on what kind of monarchy this child may inherit. In fairness, the poster did put a message to MODs mentioning whether it should be moved to a more appropriate thread. I doubt they've got round to it and I imagine this whole discussion will be gone in the morning.

Maybe this should go in the Future of the Monarchy Thread?!

Quote:
I can see the USA disappearing from Earth, but I'm completely unable to see the UK becoming a Republic.
If the USA disappears from Earth, then I think the entire world is in a tad bit of danger.
Perhaps because I live in the UK, I know the country, the politics etc I can imagine a future where our Monarchy is no longer here. Others in the UK won't be able to, but republics work fine for other countries. Eventually the monarchy won't be so favourable in the UK. Personally, I hope i'm alive to see it for the comparison.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I think we aren't so off topic discussing Baby Cambridge's reign.

And isn't the reign of this Baby the future of the Monarchy?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, okay, let's get back to the Cambridge Baby musings and suggestions. I wonder, as I lie awake at night, as to whether the baby wears a crown in utero. Is it possible it will perforate the amniotic sac? Are the doctors concerned?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Well, I think we aren't so off topic discussing Baby Cambridge's reign.

And isn't the reign of this Baby the future of the Monarchy?
This topic is for Musings and Suggestions, I imagine in the area of clothes, prams, where the baby might be born, christened etc. No where in the title does it mention the Cambridges reign or the future of the monarchy. That is an entirelt different topic which kinds of makes the birth of this child even more tainted than it already it.

Not even born yet and it can't escape it's future for a second.
Nobility

I hope i am long dead before a there is a republic in my country...

More self serving politicans jockeying for the 'top job' is not my idea of paradise !
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh, okay, let's get back to the Cambridge Baby musings and suggestions. I wonder, as I lie awake at night, as to whether the baby wears a crown in utero. Is it possible it will perforate the amniotic sac? Are the doctors concerned?
You're the best.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge