The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,805
I am glad she feels better. And I like the pic they've chosen as illustration: it looks as if both are protective of their bellies - like William is mirroring her, which is such a great sign in a relationship.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 AM
christythedreamer's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Not Telling, Hong Kong
Posts: 267
ahhh so I was right about July... can't wait to see the baby arrives!! :)
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,371
I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!
__________________
  #44  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Elenath's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 243
I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.
__________________
  #45  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!
Future heir has to be born in British soil I believe. I think your house is a bit out of question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.
Except this is an official announcement, why lie?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #46  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,354
July feels like such a long time away, but I think this is because we have known about the pregnancy for a month already. Look forward to July now! I wonder if Catherine will attend Trooping the Colour and the Garter ceremonies in June if she is pregnant. Sophie did not attend The Remembrance Services when she was pregnant with James, nor did she attend Trooping the Colour (though her pregnancy had not been made public knowledge then.)

With regards to Catherine not carrying out any engagements, if we think back to when Sophie's pregnancy with Louise was announced it was reported that she would be cutting back her duties (it was reported she would not do any in fact until the birth), but we of course saw her out and about doing engagements. We saw her less with James, but I think that was probably due to her obstetric history and Edward and co. were just ensuring she was not working too hard.

Only time will tell really with Catherine. I for one am looking forward to seeing her little bump grow and her maternity outfits!
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
  #47  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Future heir has to be born in British soil I believe. I think your house is a bit out of question.

I don't think it HAS to be born on British soil - would it be disqualified if it weren't? Could you guys suddenly have "British birthers?" Shudder!

I could get Congress to declare it British territory, like Canada did for the birth of a Dutch Princess. Thanks for reminding me! I will get right on that.

P.S. It was once British territory - surely that must count for something!
__________________
  #48  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Elenath's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Except this is an official announcement, why lie?
Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.
__________________
  #49  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Queen Penelope's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Camrose, Canada
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Except this is an official announcement, why lie?
It wouldn't necessarily be a lie. For all we know her due date could be July first, and in that case she could potentially deliver sometime In mid June :)

Very exciting!!
__________________
  #50  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

I don't think it HAS to be born on British soil - would it be disqualified if it weren't? Could you guys suddenly have "British birthers?" Shudder!

I could get Congress to declare it British territory, like Canada did for the birth of a Dutch Princess. Thanks for reminding me! I will get right on that.

P.S. It was once British territory - surely that must count for something!
There bit a bit of a fuss if the future monarch was born outside if the UK, what's the point in it being born elsewhere?
Somehow I doubt your powers stretch far enough into Congress to allow your home to become a part of the UK. For Princess Margriet The maternity ward of Ottawa Civic Hospital in which Princess Margriet was born was temporarily declared to be extraterritorial by the Canadian government. The fact it once was, counts for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post

Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.
Except KP is one of about 7 places Catherine could travel from. Like every other time a child is born, the press will wait until Catherine is in hospital and camp outside. They're royalty, they live their lives in front of the press if they don't know it they've been walking around with their eyes closed for a long long time.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #51  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Except this is an official announcement, why lie?
Maybe the Court didn't lie, but William and Catherine did. I mean, they got the news of the due date from them, I would think....so all they'd have to do is tell whoever is in charge of releasing this information that the baby is due in July, rather than June. Or something like that.

Frankly, if I was in her shoes, which would be nice because she has great shoes, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the due date of my baby's birth aside from my immediate family (including hubby as his family) and my doctor. So I'd lie my butt off.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #52  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 AM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
ahhh so I was right about July... can't wait to see the baby arrives!! :)
I was thinking on July as well
__________________
“Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
Catherine Middleton
  #53  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Dman's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,563
It's so good to know the baby will be here in July. It's also good to hear that Catherine is doing better and that she will return to official engagements soon. I'm sure there will be some royal gun salutes in july.

I'm thinking Catherine could be well enough to attend the expecting (Thanksgiving Service for The Queen's 60th Coronation Anniversary) Trooping of the Colour and Garter Service but I think it all depends how she's feeling at the time. I think she will be doing a couple of official engagements before she's due but with pregnancies you never know.
__________________
  #54  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Frankly, if I was in her shoes, which would be nice because she has great shoes, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the due date of my baby's birth aside from my immediate family (including hubby as his family) and my doctor. So I'd lie my butt off.
Nobody knows the due date, we know the month that Catherine is due in. The baby will arrive when it arrives but Catherine's due date is in July.

I've never seen other royal houses announce a month early.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #55  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 AM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.
I hope it doesn't happen as it possibily means the baby will be premature
__________________
“Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
Catherine Middleton
  #56  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
CanRoyal's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: West Coast, Canada
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumetqueen
Except this is an official announcement, why lie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.
Lumetqueen is correct - the one thing you can count on is that in official announcements there are no lies.
__________________
  #57  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I hope it doesn't happen as it possibily means the baby will be premature
Babies can be born at 24 weeks which is the legal abortion limit and survive with the right medical care and attention. Premature or not, life is not in our hands.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #58  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 2,318
No surprise, this is when they most likely would have originally announced the pregnancy, at about 14 weeks,like most royal houses, which means the baby will be born about 6 months from now if all goes smoothly.
This all just follows her history of morning sickness, which kicks in about 7-8 weeks and usually abates about 4 weeks later.
So happy she does appear to not be suffering now.
__________________
  #59  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:49 AM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Babies can be born at 24 weeks which is the legal abortion limit and survive with the right medical care and attention. Premature or not, life is not in our hands.
Yes I know I just hope it doesn't happen although I can speak from personal experience HG babies tend to be born earlier. I remember my doctor warning me about this.
__________________
“Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
Catherine Middleton
  #60  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,019
The DM really is gross - speculating on when the child was conceived is such a breach of privacy.
__________________

__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 480 07-30-2011 08:59 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince laurent princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess charlene daytime fashion princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]