The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #541  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM
cinrit's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Deep South, United States
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
When it was first suggested that Phillip marry Elizabeth, whenever that was, was that in poor taste?
There are several Boudreaux and Thibodeaux joke books in South Louisiana, all poking fun of them, and the South Louisianians love the jokes. But to veer the topic away from jokes about Southerners, no one suggested that Elizabeth and Philip get married. Elizabeth, herself, at a very early age (13) fell in love with Philip and declared that this was the man she would marry, no ifs ands or buts. They are second cousins, once removed, through Christian IX of Denmark ... and third cousins through Queen Victoria.
__________________

__________________
  #542  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 793
Welcome to the world's favourite Royal magazine online
__________________

__________________
  #543  
Old 03-15-2013, 02:10 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,048
This is probably all total rubbish, but I figured I'd share anyway since this is a speculation thread:

Kate Middleton and Prince William's special name for Royal Baby: 'Our little grape' | Mail Online
__________________
  #544  
Old 03-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
This is probably all total rubbish, but I figured I'd share anyway since this is a speculation thread:

Kate Middleton and Prince William's special name for Royal Baby: 'Our little grape' | Mail Online
I'd love to know how this 'newspaper' comes to have this type of information. Of course there's always a possibility of someone seeing Catherine eat something, and then go and blab it to the tabloids, but the fact that this kind of stuff is now out and about is a bit unnerving. She should be able to enjoy her pregnancy, and not have her food preferences and what have you be a topic of discussion. And just an aside, if she's indeed craving pastries, she's lucky to be burning them off and looking so great. She looks healthy and happy, and I'm glad that things have become a bit more pleasant.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #545  
Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'd love to know how this 'newspaper' comes to have this type of information. Of course there's always a possibility of someone seeing Catherine eat something, and then go and blab it to the tabloids, but the fact that this kind of stuff is now out and about is a bit unnerving. She should be able to enjoy her pregnancy, and not have her food preferences and what have you be a topic of discussion. And just an aside, if she's indeed craving pastries, she's lucky to be burning them off and looking so great. She looks healthy and happy, and I'm glad that things have become a bit more pleasant.
Yea, the pastry craving could probably be found out just by workers or other people observing what she buys at Starbucks, but the nickname and her fitness routine would have to be divulged by someone close to her, and I just don't see that happening.
__________________
  #546  
Old 03-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yea, the pastry craving could probably be found out just by workers or other people observing what she buys at Starbucks, but the nickname and her fitness routine would have to be divulged by someone close to her, and I just don't see that happening.
Absolutely. And I'd imagine that is someone who is trusted did do something like that, that person would lose the privilege of being friends with the couple.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #547  
Old 03-15-2013, 11:20 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
There are several Boudreaux and Thibodeaux joke books in South Louisiana, all poking fun of them, and the South Louisianians love the jokes. But to veer the topic away from jokes about Southerners, no one suggested that Elizabeth and Philip get married. Elizabeth, herself, at a very early age (13) fell in love with Philip and declared that this was the man she would marry, no ifs ands or buts. They are second cousins, once removed, through Christian IX of Denmark ... and third cousins through Queen Victoria.
It really amazes me that one little joke could cause such uproar.....

In any event, I'm going to suggest that Will and Kate do what we Americans do and give the baby a name which combines the names of both mom, er, mum, and dad;

Wate (favored 10 to 1 in a Daily Mail poll)

or

Kill (a name which would only really work it it were a guy who looked like Jan Claude Van Dam. Don't ask me why, but it's true).
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #548  
Old 03-16-2013, 02:27 AM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,349
I admit when the southern/cousin words came up i started hearing a banjo.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
  #549  
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Down here that means they all can marry when they're about 15 or so.
__________________
  #550  
Old 03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 322
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-daughter.html

"The Duchess of Cambridge said today that she hopes her baby is a boy.
But Kate, who is five months pregnant, said Prince William would prefer to have a girl.
The Duchess made the revelations while speaking to a soldier during the couple's visit to Mons Barracks in Aldershot, Hampshire, for a St Patrick's Day parade."
__________________
  #551  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge reveals she wants a son but says Prince William would prefer a daughter | Mail Online

"The Duchess of Cambridge said today that she hopes her baby is a boy.
But Kate, who is five months pregnant, said Prince William would prefer to have a girl.
The Duchess made the revelations while speaking to a soldier during the couple's visit to Mons Barracks in Aldershot, Hampshire, for a St Patrick's Day parade."
And I'm with the Duke of Cambridge. I really hope it's a girl.

The Duchess can have the boy she wants on her next pregnancy. After Her Majesty, we'll have two Kings in a whole, it will be good to have a Queen as the next one.

And a girl will be the perfect way to put the new succession rules in practice.
__________________
  #552  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,009
Imagine if they do have a girl, what a daddy's girl she'll be
__________________
"Blessed be god, the king, the queen and all our sweet children be in good health."
— Lady Margaret Beaufort, April 1497

  #553  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

And a girl will be the perfect way to put the new succession rules in practice.
New succession rules that are not in place yet.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #554  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
New succession rules that are not in place yet.
Yes, but everything indicates that the new rules will be in place soon or later (most likely soon).
__________________
  #555  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Imagine if they do have a girl, what a daddy's girl she'll be
She'll be, literally, dad's little Princess.
__________________
  #556  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Yes, but everything indicates that the new rules will be in place soon or later (most likely soon).
Actually The House of Lords Constitution Committee denied the governments plan to fast track to bill citing that the bill was of constitutional significance and could have unintended consequence. So everything indicates the baby will be born before new laws are put into place.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #557  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,211
Whether the baby comes first or the succession laws come first is a bit irrelevant as they're designed to be retroactive. Regardless of gender, this baby will be his/her father's heir.

I would imagine, though, that if the Cambridge baby is a boy it'll slow down some of the rush to change the succession laws.
__________________
  #558  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Actually The House of Lords Constitution Committee denied the governments plan to fast track to bill citing that the bill was of constitutional significance and could have unintended consequence. So everything indicates the baby will be born before new laws are put into place.
And I have to say that you gave me great news. I'm very worried about the loopholes that can let Catholicism reach heirs to the Throne.

Anyway, I can't see the new rules take so long to be passed that the Duchess had already had another child.
__________________
  #559  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I would imagine, though, that if the Cambridge baby is a boy it'll slow down some of the rush to change the succession laws.
The legislation will probably be forgotten until this child has children, if it's a boy. I personaly hope for a boy like Catherine.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #560  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
As I understand it the Canadian Senate also decided they wanted more time to review the Act since it had been rushed through the House of Commons without debate. I haven't seen anything in the press saying they have passed it yet.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 480 07-30-2011 08:59 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]