The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The D video sees Catherine say that they 'don't know'. As far as I am aware she hasn't publicly said anything else.
I know...I am just saying that before that stuff even came out people heard the video of her just saying I dont know and a lot of people thought she was lying because of her facial expression...

I have no clue if they know or not.

I don't think any other media will pick up on it..because I feel like its not even a story anymore...people from the beginning were unsure if she slipped or not...Its a 24/7 news cycle most people have moved on from it..other than the British press which continue the story..Many of the articles said maybe or possible..the were very careful not to say it was something that was confirmed by any means.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Majesty

I think that was very nice of Lisa to set the record straight. The media might not pick up on the truth because they really want to reveal the baby's gender ahead of time. I think there's some impatient people out there, who can't wait to find out everything about this baby. We just have to wait and let the baby finish cooking .

Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

LOL yea, I hope for their sake they don't know.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

A question to people here that have more knowledge of William & Catherine genes (through their parents..etc...). What are the probabilities of this baby bein' born with blue/green/brown eyes and blonde/auburn/brown hair?
I always find genes the most interesting^^
Old 03-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Kate, Pippa, and James all had blonde hair up until a certain age.

I think Pippa and Michael have brown eyes...James and Carole have blue eyes and I think Kates are hazel...they seem to go from grey to green alot.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
A question to people here that have more knowledge of William & Catherine genes (through their parents..etc...). What are the probabilities of this baby bein' born with blue/green/brown eyes and blonde/auburn/brown hair?
I think there is no chance that William&Kate's baby will have brown or hazel eyes, as I do not remember any of William's grandparents having dark eyes ( close line), but the baby could have green, blue or grey eyes.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

I see. Catherine has dark blue eyes, while William has "normal" blue eyes, so the baby will probabilly have blue eyes but it would be nice if in the end had green eyes!
That's right Catherine was blonde as a child, so as William is blonde too, the baby will probably be blonde as well, but I'm betting that instead of his father, the baby's hair will turn brown when entering adulthood like Catherine's.
But, has there any chance the baby can be born with auburn hair? It's been awhile since we've had a royal baby/child with orange hair.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I see. Catherine has dark blue eyes, while William has "normal" blue eyes, it would be nice if the baby had green eyes!
That's right Catherina was blonde as a child, so as William is blonde too, the baby will probably be blonde as well, but I'm betting that instead of his father, the baby's hair will turn brown when entering adulthood like Catherine's.
But, has there any chance the baby can be born with auburn hair? It's been awhile since we've had a royal baby/child with orange hair.
I always thought Kate's eyes were either a hazel or green...they aren't blue though thy can look grey sometimes.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think that was very nice of Lisa to set the record straight. The media might not pick up on the truth because they really want to reveal the baby's gender ahead of time. I think there's some impatient people out there, who can't wait to find out everything about this baby. We just have to wait and let the baby finish cooking .
While I am generally of the opinion that royals give up much of their privacy in exchange for the enormous privileges of the position, I do think they deserve some privacy. If they don't want to reveal the gender of the child until its birth, that's their right to do so. It would be nicer if the people who claimed to hear this "d" sound decided not to publicize or publish it.

But I don't believe she said uttered the "d" sound anyway.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

I have to agree. I did not hear any mention of a possible slip of the tongue. I think in all the excitement and commotion it may have seemed like she said something but there was no evidence. Unfortunately the woman was mistaken when she thought she heard something. I wish it would have been a slip, it would be kind of nice to know what they are expecting. It is an exciting time for everyone who has watched this couple from the beginning until now.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Here we are :

Duchess of Cambridge pregnant: Kate Middleton Duchess DIDN'T start to say 'daughter'! New footage shows Kate saying 'is this for us, aww' NOT 'is this for our dau...' when handed gift this week | Mail Online

Well and it was not "dog" either ...
Old 03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Phew! Tempest in a teapot! that's over, for now, I hope. But we thought of a lot of extra D-names.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think the child will likely be blonde as there are many blondes on William's side (Philip, Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, William, Louise and Savannah to name a few in the "immediate" line up) as well as his mother's side. Zara was very blonde until an older age but she now of course dyes her hair, but Louise has got very blonde hair for a 9.5 year old as most children's blonde hair fades, as William's did though I think he inherited his hair colour from his mother.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

As I hope it's a girl, when I try to imagine her, she's always looks like Catherine.

She'll be a wonderfully beautiful Queen. Her Prince Consort will be a very lucky man.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Aristocracy

Sadly, that whole 'd' thing probably won't be the last of the hoopla before the baby is born. The entire thing in general was blown out of proportion.

But, there are people on twitter who didn't believe her when she said she didn't know...so they should just be excited about how much shes going to grow between now and July.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

The plot thickens, people. Where is Hercule Poirot at this pivotal moment??

Did Kate let slip she's having a daughter... or a son? | This is Grimsby
Old 03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101

I think the child will likely be blonde as there are many blondes on William's side (Philip, Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, William, Louise and Savannah to name a few in the "immediate" line up) as well as his mother's side. Zara was very blonde until an older age but she now of course dyes her hair, but Louise has got very blonde hair for a 9.5 year old as most children's blonde hair fades, as William's did though I think he inherited his hair colour from his mother.
Anne isn't blonde; she's dark brown. But she did have blonde hair when she was young.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
Anne isn't blonde; she's dark brown. But she did have blonde hair when she was young.
That is what I am referring to as Peter is not blonde anymore, nor is Edward but both men had striking blonde hair as children. Most adults do not have "natural" blonde hair as it often fades as they age. They are few exceptions to the rule of course, but generally blonde hair fades. Anne was very blonde as a young girl, but it has of course naturally darkened.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

That's right, Anne was so blonde as a young child, her hair sure darkened a lot!
I agree that its usual for blonde hair to eventually turn darker with time and finally brown, unless you're called Willem-Alexander
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia
That's right, Anne was so blonde as a young child, her hair sure darkened a lot!
I agree that its usual for blonde hair to eventually turn darker with time and finally brown, unless you're called Willem-Alexander
My brother and I both have hair the same colour as Anne. When I was a baby, it was blonde, but by the time said brother was born when I was 5 and a half, it had turned its present colour. He was a redhead as a baby (we all thought it would stay that way), but it too darkened.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge