Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Cambridge will live in South America, her parents having taken enough cash with them to set up a nice home, and she will "come out" in society there. But, on the other hand, Prince Cambridge will be sought after as a husband for one of the many young female Crown Princesses of Europe. I am assuming there will not be a monarchy in England at the time. The "Pretenders" from the Stuart and other camps will be trying to restart a monarchy, but with little success. I am assuming we will have had WWIII and other disasters which have ended the formal monarchy in England. I know people would prefer to be positive, but I think the family Windsor will still be in privileged positions in exile, and more popular than ever.

Hey guys? Any way you can take the futuristic novel predictions to the members corner and start your own thread? It kind of gets in the way of the more enjoyable and on topic speculation.

Hey guys? Any way you can take the futuristic novel predictions to the members corner and start your own thread? It kind of gets in the way of the more enjoyable and on topic speculation.

I'm with you. There's no need for such dramatic predictions. We have enough gloom and doom from the press.

The Topic Is Cambridge Baby; Musings and Suggestions; I don't see anything here that is not a musing or a suggestion with regards to this baby and its life. What will its life be like; what will the country be like when it comes to the throne. I think there are people here who DO enjoy these tangents

The Topic Is Cambridge Baby; Musings and Suggestions; I don't see anything here that is not a musing or a suggestion with regards to this baby and its life. What will its life be like; what will the country be like when it comes to the throne. I think there are people here who DO enjoy these tangents

I agree with you in that the tangent can be enjoyable and is technically on topic.

I think the argument is more a case of "can we move this elsewhere so those who want to continue it can, while those who don't can return to the speculations regarding the Cambridge Baby's immediate life" than anything else. Which is also a valid point - we have a separate thread for speculation about potential names and godparents (although that does overlap here), why not a separate thread for predictions about (semi-)apocalyptic events that we think will happen in Baby Cambridge's life?

Yup. I think it's fine for people who enjoy more outlandish speculation to do it, but I think most people are here to talk about nursery decoration schemes and potential nannies and primary schools- not guesses as to the political state of Britain when the baby is in its eighties.

Yup. I think it's fine for people who enjoy more outlandish speculation to do it, but I think most people are here to talk about nursery decoration schemes and potential nannies and primary schools- not guesses as to the political state of Britain when the baby is in its eighties.

Judging by todays performance in Parliamnet it will be difficult to work out what is happening next week.

Does anyone know the weight and length of William when he was born? And of Catherine as well? Though I think they never released that info about her.
I want to know to make an estimate probability of the baby.

Does anyone know the weight and length of William when he was born? And of Catherine as well? Though I think they never released that info about her.
I want to know to make an estimate probability of the baby.

William was 7lb 1½oz, Catherine I doubt you'll find that info.

Any chance in seeing baby Cambridge being wheeled around in a Silver Cross?? I love those.

I have been wondering where/how the will get all of their baby stuff. Would they just walk into a baby shop in London and buy it or perhaps online or just send a member of staff, dress them up with a fake baby bump and a list of what to buy??

I have been wondering where/how the will get all of their baby stuff. Would they just walk into a baby shop in London and buy it or perhaps online or just send a member of staff, dress them up with a fake baby bump and a list of what to buy??

Online is your best bet but we've seen Catherine out shopping in London so there's no reason she wouldn't buy things personally. Why would they send an employee out with a fake baby bump? Nobody would know who the employee was baby bump or not.

Long, long ago {when i was a student} i had a holiday job @ Harrods. This was before Mr Al Fayed, lost the store its Royal Warrant, by his insane rants against the DoE.

A man was employed by Harrods specifically to take the calls from the Private secretary of the Royal concerned , whizz over to the residence concerned {often an hotel, if the Royals were foreign}, with a selection of goods for them to choose from.

That is how it used to be done, although quite often royals would shop in person... King Olav of Norway was a regular, as was Diana, Princess of Wales.

There was always a ripple of excitement as word spread that a royal had arrived, and was on their way...

As Lumutqueen says, online shopping is probably the preferred option, today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance in seeing baby Cambridge being wheeled around in a Silver Cross?? I love those.

as they are about to decorate their new apartment at KP, I guess they just asked their interior designer to make a mood book for the nursery and gone off from there. Or maybe auntie Annabel gave some advice?

Seeing how good the Duke and Duchess are with children, I kinda hope they are like the Duggar family of royalty; 19, perhaps 20 little princes and princesses. All with the same initial. True, you do run out of names after, oh, 8, so they can make up some.

Diana, David, Dorothy, Donald, Delores, Daniel, Daphne, Drake, Dannielynn, Dustin, Delphine, Drew, Donnatella, Dristan, Dahlia, Dylan, Delilah, Desiree.

I'm sure the Duggars would be happy to show the Duke and Duchess their routine, and the crowd pleasers like the Tater Tot casserole and such.

How wonderful would that be with 19/20 princesses and princes?:lol:

But to pull a Duggar, they have to have W as their first initial, after their father or might choose after their mother.

William: Walter, Wilhelmina, Wilma, Waldo, Whitney, Walfred, Wanda, Wysandra, Waltrina, Wilda, Winona, Waldemar, Wilson, Wayne, Wallis, Wendy, Wilfreda, Wyonne, Wyanet, Wardley.:ohmy:

Catherine: Caroline, Charlotte, Charles, Cameron, Camille, Constantine, Cecilia, Calvin, Caleb, Carissa, Candice, Caitlin, Carabelle, Calista, Corinne, Cloe, Cheriline, Ceara, Ceasar, Christina.:D

But since Catherine is on her 30s already and I need to be modest, so I'll say 3 or 4 children, I hope they don't pull a Diana and gives us only two;)

How wonderful would that be with 19/20 princesses and princes?:lol:

But to pull a Duggar, they have to have W as their first initial, after their father or might choose after their mother.

William: Walter, Wilhelmina, Wilma, Waldo, Whitney, Walfred, Wanda, Wysandra, Waltrina, Wilda, Winona, Waldemar, Wilson, Wayne, Wallis, Wendy, Wilfreda, Wyonne, Wyanet, Wardley.:ohmy:

Catherine: Caroline, Charlotte, Charles, Cameron, Camille, Constantine, Cecilia, Calvin, Caleb, Carissa, Candice, Caitlin, Carabelle, Calista, Corinne, Cloe, Cheriline, Ceara, Ceasar, Christina.:D

But since Catherine is on her 30s already and I need to be modest, so I'll say 3 or 4 children, I hope they don't pull a Diana and gives us only two;)

Prince Caleb-Wayne of Cambridge! Bless his heart!

Yes I know she loved children, but I was only refering to the number of children she had:flowers:

The Topic Is Cambridge Baby; Musings and Suggestions;

Yes that's right, musings and suggestions about the BABY. Not about the 80-year-old grown adult man/woman that will maybe exist in the future. That's for a different thread altogether in another part of the board. What you're discussing is the future of the British monarchy, and I think there's a thread already for that.

:lol: If we know anything truthful about Diana, it was her love of children. I bet she would have had dozens if she could.

Eh, I don't know. She loved children, for sure, but that doesn't translate into wanting a dozen of them. Plus, she had a lot of difficulties with being pregnant- exhaustion and nausea during and then depression after.

We'll see. I can see them only having two, but maybe they'll surprise us.

I'm sure this has been asked already...but what will the baby's title be? Lord or lady?

What is anyone's thought about the venue for the baptism? Do you think it will be other than Buckingham Palace? My thought is BP, but then I thought they could surprise us -- is there a chapel at KP? HM is usually at Balmoral during the likely time of baptism; could Crathie Kirk be a possibility?

I think the baptism will be a traditional one. In the Music Room of Buckingham Palace. :)

What is anyone's thought about the venue for the baptism? Do you think it will be other than Buckingham Palace? My thought is BP, but then I thought they could surprise us -- is there a chapel at KP? HM is usually at Balmoral during the likely time of baptism; could Crathie Kirk be a possibility?

I would be surprised if the baptism isn't in the music room at Buckingham Palace.

Doesn't have to be a chapel. Charles, Anne, Andrew and William were baptised in the The Music Room at Buckingham Palace. Henry was baptised at St George's Chapel at Windsor, Eugenie was baptised at the Church of St Mary Magdalene in Sandringham, Beatrice was christened at Chapel Royal at SJP. Viscount Severn and Lady Louise waere christened at Windsor in a private chapel, Savannah Phillips christening took place at Holy Cross Church in Avening, Gloucestershire, near Gatcombe Park.

I think the baptism will be a traditional one. In the Music Room of Buckingham Palace. :)

Only 4 members of the current RF have been baptised in the Music Room, everyone else has been christened or baptised elsewhere.

Last edited:
Only 4 members of the current RF have been baptised in the Music Room, everyone else has been christened or baptised elsewhere.

The reason I think it will be the Music Room at BP is because this child will be a future monarch. I noticed both Charles and William were baptized there. Of course anywhere it possible. We'll see when the time comes.

Doesn't the Archbishop of Canterbury use water from the River Jordan for royal baptisms too? Seems I've read that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom