The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Nobility

.. I'm for Douglas - such a nice Scottish name - if it's a girl, it would be Douglasia

Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

I bet they probably do know the gender but statements released have said "they do not know". We wont know if they know or not, but I think they likely do know. Most couples do want to know the gender to plan things, but I don't see why anyone would want to find out as it's such a lovely surprise. I remember Edward's smile of pride when talking to the press when James was born and saying it was a boy. He looked chuffed to pieces and he said they did not find out the gender so he looked genuinely happy and chuffed that he had one of each. I feel William will be chuffed either way of the gender, but I am sure like most parents they would one of each gender. If you get a boy a girl most people are happy.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Royal Highness

If I were in their shoes, I'd wish for a boy first, because it is still IMHO easier for a male heir to find the right One for a good family and loving marriage. I believe they both know into what kind of life their child will be born and so might wish for a son.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
The mom is so busy with the task at hand, she is not looking down. It's the dad, who's just a bystander, who sees the baby emerge and describes it, all of it, as she is catching her breath and trying to regroup her thoughts. It's not at all sexist - the gender is the last thing on her mind at the exact moment of birth.

Getting back to the baby at hand, I still think they should name a girl

Dale Lee May Elle.
Clever. Very clever :)
Old 03-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I saw those two video and I didn't hear anything that remotely sounds like "I'll take this for anything"
That lady was exaggerating in my opinion
I agree. I didn't hear anything that has been quoted [or misquoted]. But having said that I still say she is having a girl m
Old 03-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
If I were in their shoes, I'd wish for a boy first, because it is still IMHO easier for a male heir to find the right One for a good family and loving marriage. I believe they both know into what kind of life their child will be born and so might wish for a son.
Huh ????? Rather old-fashioned thinking !!!!????
Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Aristocracy

So the baby is due in July. We know Diana's birthday was in July but isn't Camillas July also ? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Courtier

It's a shame (Kate's surprise was spoilt. But that's what happens when you choose to know beforehand what the baby is (which is a girl ---- from Kate's own mouth). The secret was bound to come out sooner or later as she already knew what it was, despite trying to back-peddle and deny it. Now we all know it's a girl; like opening a parcel and already knowing what's inside. Before Buckingham Palace post the Official Notice, we now all know already what's written on it. We don't even need to read it.

Diana never got caught out with her 2 pregnancies and kept the secrets well hidden until the births.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Nobility

We don't know anything from Kate's own mouth, because she didn't say anything. I'm not even convinced she said anything that would have started with a "d". I've watched the video a few times, and I just don't hear it, though I do hear "we don't know".
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
It's a shame (Kate's surprise was spoilt. But that's what happens when you choose to know beforehand what the baby is (which is a girl ---- from Kate's own mouth).
I watched the video and I wouldn't go as far as calling it "from Kate's own mouth". All I could hear was that nosy lady asking "did you say my daughter?". I couldn't even hear Catherine say that supposed 'd', this is being made a much bigger deal than it is. Catherine's also too smart to make such a major freudian slip.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Gentry

Well, royal sources did insist that the royal couple don't know.
We need to wait for the upcoming engagement on the 17th for the latest reactions from the couple. I guess there will be lots of pink stuff waiting for them from the public.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
Well, royal sources did insist that the royal couple don't know.
Royal sources could say the baby is an alien, doesn't mean it's true.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Courtier

In the video, she did say she didn't know, so that consistent
Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Royal sources could say the baby is an alien, doesn't mean it's true.
Royal sources could have said William was raging and Kate was disappointed (like what they always reportedly say whenever something happen)

Seems like the reporters themselves are not entirely sure too
Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not going to pay attention to what the media is saying. I'll just wait for BP to announce. Whatever it is, I hope he/she is healthy.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The media is going off what Catherine almost let out here, I don't see how they're to blame. Knowing the sex of this kid is a massive deal. Not that we're ever going to know but I would be 100% surprised if they didn't know what it was.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Serene Highness

It seems to me that Ms. Sandra Cook has made herself one of the most famous women in the world today by alleging something nobody else heard. And we all believe she heard it because we want to believe it. If the baby is in fact a girl, and it's 50% likely it is, she will be a footnote in every biography of this future Queen for being the first person to hear the news of her gender.

Call me a cynic, but I think she's either a very clever woman, harmlessly clever, but clever, or in her over excitement of the moment, heard something she did not in fact hear. Again, it's a harmless rumor, IMO, and takes us away from our daily stresses and worries on some fun speculation.

If Will and Kate don't want to share the news until the birth, under their circumstances the most logical thing would be NOT to find out, not that expectant parents eager to hear always act logically.

Even if Will and Kate don't know, the techs doing her scans DO know at this point. What a secret to keep!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
So the baby is due in July. We know Diana's birthday was in July but isn't Camillas July also ? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes! I believe Camilla is July 17, and by my speculative calculations, I always thought that the baby is due in mid July rather than early July, given the timing of the onset of the morning sickness and the official announcement in mid-January.

So it's entirely possible.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
I bet they probably do know the gender but statements released have said "they do not know". We wont know if they know or not, but I think they likely do know.....
If there are official statements that say that William and Kate do not know the gender of the child, then I would tend to believe that. Why? Well, because it pays to tell the truth in official statements - because if you tell the truth, then you never have to remember what you said.

Take for example the speculation on 'twins' that was rampant for awhile. The twins speculation died down when an official statement announced, in part:
Quote:
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.
However "Royal Sources" can be somewhat sketchy and can be believable or not (depends on the source).

So in my mind, there is an absolute difference between "official statements" and "royal sources".
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
So in my mind, there is an absolute difference between "official statements" and "royal sources".
I would think Molly would agree with you. However Catherine said after the "d" incident that she didn't know. So she's either lying to keep it a secret or she genuinely doesn't know.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge