Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so, but the clue seems to point toward her first official portrait. If the due date isn't announced tomorrow, I expect it will be announced some time next week or so.

Last edited:
I hope so, but the clue seems to point toward her first official portrait. If the due date isn't announced tomorrow, I expect it will be announced some time next week or so.
I do think so:flowers: tomorrow it will be the due date or the portrait

I wonder if the Cambridges would maybe change the rules and let everyone in on not only the due date but the sex of the baby. Would'nt that be great? Since they are considered the new face of the Monarchy, why not? This is all wishing on a star of course but hey, you never know what this couple will do. And besides, it would be kind of nice to be able to prepare for a wonderful prince or princss party. I suppose we will see. I just can't wait to find out.

I wonder if the Cambridges would maybe change the rules and let everyone in on not only the due date but the sex of the baby. Would'nt that be great? Since they are considered the new face of the Monarchy, why not? This is all wishing on a star of course but hey, you never know what this couple will do. And besides, it would be kind of nice to be able to prepare for a wonderful prince or princss party. I suppose we will see. I just can't wait to find out.

Why not? Possibly because that's one of the most private pieces of information a couple ever gets? You don't see other royal houses doing it, and they're by far more modern than the BRF.
It is William and Catherine who have to prepare for the baby, if they wish to find out they probably will.

Pretty much as predicted, though it was early they had to confirm the pregnancy.

....note the confirmation in the official announcement that it will be a singleton birth - "a baby".

Last edited:
....note the confirmation in the official announcement that it will be a singleton birth - "a baby".
Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
Palace have also confirmed (because of the ill-informed speculation) it is NOT twins.

I am glad she feels better. And I like the pic they've chosen as illustration: it looks as if both are protective of their bellies - like William is mirroring her, which is such a great sign in a relationship.

I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.

I would like Will and Kate to consider my home near Atlanta, Georgia, as the place to give birth to The Child. Here is my reasoning:

1) I am their biggest fan
2) The house is spacious and air-conditioned. I will redo the master bedroom with portraits of the past Kings and Queens of Britain in order to welcome the baby and give it some idea of the decor at Gran's house(s).
3) I live on land chartered by King George II, lost by King George III, and in fact named in honor of those Germanic Georges. If the birth takes place here, you can almost bet this baby will be a little "George." Some sort of symbiotic full circle thing will occur we royal watchers in the U.S. so desperately want.
4) It would throw the press of the scent and allow Will and Kate the privacy they deserve. Who knew that a future British monarch would be born amongst giraffes in Georgia?
5) Does the prime minister have to witness the birth, or something? Why, no problemo. Mr. and Mrs. Cameron and Mr. Giraffe and I could have a few drinks out at the neighborhood pool, the kids could all swim and we could grill out (these things take time). When we come up to verify the birth we'd be sure to bring the new parents a plate of hotdogs, baked beans and coleslaw - because this mother's comfort is our only priority!

Future heir has to be born in British soil I believe. I think your house is a bit out of question.

I have a feeling it might be june and not july.... If I were them I'd happily give the press the wrong due date.

Except this is an official announcement, why lie?

July feels like such a long time away, but I think this is because we have known about the pregnancy for a month already. Look forward to July now! I wonder if Catherine will attend Trooping the Colour and the Garter ceremonies in June if she is pregnant. Sophie did not attend The Remembrance Services when she was pregnant with James, nor did she attend Trooping the Colour (though her pregnancy had not been made public knowledge then.)

With regards to Catherine not carrying out any engagements, if we think back to when Sophie's pregnancy with Louise was announced it was reported that she would be cutting back her duties (it was reported she would not do any in fact until the birth), but we of course saw her out and about doing engagements. We saw her less with James, but I think that was probably due to her obstetric history and Edward and co. were just ensuring she was not working too hard.

Only time will tell really with Catherine. I for one am looking forward to seeing her little bump grow and her maternity outfits!

Future heir has to be born in British soil I believe. I think your house is a bit out of question.

I don't think it HAS to be born on British soil - would it be disqualified if it weren't? Could you guys suddenly have "British birthers?" Shudder!

I could get Congress to declare it British territory, like Canada did for the birth of a Dutch Princess. Thanks for reminding me! I will get right on that.

P.S. It was once British territory - surely that must count for something!

Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.

It wouldn't necessarily be a lie. For all we know her due date could be July first, and in that case she could potentially deliver sometime In mid June :)

Very exciting!!

I don't think it HAS to be born on British soil - would it be disqualified if it weren't? Could you guys suddenly have "British birthers?" Shudder!

I could get Congress to declare it British territory, like Canada did for the birth of a Dutch Princess. Thanks for reminding me! I will get right on that.

P.S. It was once British territory - surely that must count for something!

There bit a bit of a fuss if the future monarch was born outside if the UK, what's the point in it being born elsewhere?
Somehow I doubt your powers stretch far enough into Congress to allow your home to become a part of the UK. For Princess Margriet The maternity ward of Ottawa Civic Hospital in which Princess Margriet was born was temporarily declared to be extraterritorial by the Canadian government. The fact it once was, counts for nothing.

Because I'm certain the press will set up a permanent camp outside of Kensington Palace in july just to get a photo of Kate on her way to the hospital. This alone would be the best reason for me to at least try and have this baby at home. No irritating photographers.

Except KP is one of about 7 places Catherine could travel from. Like every other time a child is born, the press will wait until Catherine is in hospital and camp outside. They're royalty, they live their lives in front of the press if they don't know it they've been walking around with their eyes closed for a long long time.

Last edited:

Maybe the Court didn't lie, but William and Catherine did. I mean, they got the news of the due date from them, I would think....so all they'd have to do is tell whoever is in charge of releasing this information that the baby is due in July, rather than June. Or something like that.

Frankly, if I was in her shoes, which would be nice because she has great shoes, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the due date of my baby's birth aside from my immediate family (including hubby as his family) and my doctor. So I'd lie my butt off.

It's so good to know the baby will be here in July. It's also good to hear that Catherine is doing better and that she will return to official engagements soon. I'm sure there will be some royal gun salutes in july.

I'm thinking Catherine could be well enough to attend the expecting (Thanksgiving Service for The Queen's 60th Coronation Anniversary) Trooping of the Colour and Garter Service but I think it all depends how she's feeling at the time. I think she will be doing a couple of official engagements before she's due but with pregnancies you never know.

Frankly, if I was in her shoes, which would be nice because she has great shoes, I wouldn't want anyone knowing the due date of my baby's birth aside from my immediate family (including hubby as his family) and my doctor. So I'd lie my butt off.

Nobody knows the due date, we know the month that Catherine is due in. The baby will arrive when it arrives but Catherine's due date is in July.

I've never seen other royal houses announce a month early.

I hope it doesn't happen as it possibily means the baby will be premature:ermm:

Lumetqueen said:
Lumetqueen is correct - the one thing you can count on is that in official announcements there are no lies.

I hope it doesn't happen as it possibily means the baby will be premature:ermm:

Babies can be born at 24 weeks which is the legal abortion limit and survive with the right medical care and attention. Premature or not, life is not in our hands.

No surprise, this is when they most likely would have originally announced the pregnancy, at about 14 weeks,like most royal houses, which means the baby will be born about 6 months from now if all goes smoothly.
This all just follows her history of morning sickness, which kicks in about 7-8 weeks and usually abates about 4 weeks later.
So happy she does appear to not be suffering now.

Babies can be born at 24 weeks which is the legal abortion limit and survive with the right medical care and attention. Premature or not, life is not in our hands.
Yes I know:flowers: I just hope it doesn't happen although I can speak from personal experience HG babies tend to be born earlier. I remember my doctor warning me about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom