Darren
Daryl
Darrell
Donna
Diana
Deandra
Devon
etc etc etc etc
or even Doughnut or Dumpling, or any other cute nickname she and William have attached to their little bundle of joy?

A friend of mine, whose wife is expecting their first child, has been referring to their unborn child as the piece of fruit that most closely matches the child's current size. It went from being a grape, to a lime, to an orange, well, you get the idea.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Would you give a stuffed toy given by a total stranger to your infant, royal or not? I'll bet these gifts,like the flowers, are donated (which also begins with a 'd'). My first thought would never be to give it to my (any letter here). Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

But judging by the reactions of the press, on the forums and all over the web the last couple of hours it's terribly accurate...
But they're reactions. There's no mass hysteria, it's just a reaction to news. Which frankly is quite interesting news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Would you give a stuffed toy given by a total stranger to your infant, royal or not? I'll bet these gifts,like the flowers, are donated (which also begins with a 'd'). My first thought would never be to give it to my (any letter here). Much ado about nothing, IMO.
Catherine wasn't going to say I'll give that to my donated. They'll probably be donated, but Catherine might choose to keep things as personal momentos.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Courtier

She probably does keep a few things for mementos.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Wouldn't her first thought be that the bear was for the baby?
Yes
Old 03-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Nobility

Awfully big bear for a tiny baby.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Majesty

I just saw the story on my local news broadcast. I think everyone should just calm down. She didn't actually reveal the baby's gender but members of the crowds wanted to know and they all laughed at the questions. The press is just running with this story.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Gentry

I think I might be crazy, because I've watched a couple of these videos of the event and I can't even figure out when it is she says "I'll give it to" anything...

Now I'm hoping it's a boy, though.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Which is as it should be :)

And I actually agree with miche about it being unusual for a parent to use "daughter" or "son" during a pregnancy. I still think she was going to say "dog".
I thought the same thing when I heard it. I was thinking dog too. She's so discreet that I don't think that she would even accidently reveal the sex of the baby. And I honestly think that they don't know. Best way to keep a secret is to not be privy to the information. So they may have asked not to be told, that way they don't have to try and hide it. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine said "is this for our d...thank you so much", I'm definitely going with dog now. She stopped talking because the toy was clearly for the baby and Catherine was probably just going to give it to the dog.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Courtier

I think she was going to say dog also.

LaRae
Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't know. Why would her first thought be that the teddy bear is for their dog? If someone were to give me a stuffed toy and I'm pregnant, my first thought would be that it's for the baby. But, who knows.

Since they're definitely not going to reveal anything, we'll know for sure in a few months.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Maybe it's a nick name they have for him/her. Maybe she stopped herself because she wanted to keep it private.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't know. Why would her first thought be that the teddy bear is for their dog? If someone were to give me a stuffed toy and I'm pregnant, my first thought would be that it's for the baby. But, who knows.

Since they're definitely not going to reveal anything, we'll know for sure in a few months.
Just because someone gave you a gift for something doesn't mean you will used it for that? She probably got a lot of stuffed animals that she gave to Lupo. No one would know
Old 03-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

And it's not as if all dogs destroy stuffed toys. I know quite a bit who just cuddle with them and chew a bit, but don't destroy them. I even read in a book about dog training that when you have a dog and are expecting a baby, you should train the dog to be careful with the newborn on giving him a stuffed toy and train him with it. They can learn not to hurt the toy and then they won't hurt the baby in an unsupervised moment. Maybe they had just decided to start training Lupo for the upcoming arrival and the teddy was just the right size?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Nobility

I don't know ... I'd probably be a little hurt if I bought a toy for someone's baby, and they gave that toy to their dog instead.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Royal Highness

Also, I doubt Baby Cambridge will be using many gifts given by the public, for the simple reason that like all new parents, William and Kate will probably be looking forward to picking out things for the baby themselves.

I'm sure most of the gifts will be put to great use though, and donated to charities where they'll find their way to kids who can really use them and will love them.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Nobility

^which is probably why she stopped herself so as not to offend anyone. She said they don't know what the sex is and I highly doubt she was going to say daughter to some random woman who she knows will go back and tell the press. So I'm sticking with dog. It's most likely.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Nobility

Besides, no offense but I'm not going to give my kids toys handed to be by a stranger. I'm weird like that.

Anywho...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...babys-sex.html
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Besides, no offense but I'm not going to give my kids toys handed to be by a stranger. I'm weird like that.

Anywho...

Did Duchess of Cambridge refer to pet dog Lupo instead of baby's sex? - Telegraph
Ha! Apparently they've been reading the forums again.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge