The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Gentry

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/Did-Duchess-Cambridge-let-slip-s-having-daughter/story-18333182-detail/story.html

Now here's an article with someone claiming she heard Catherine refer to the baby as 'he'. Only time will tell.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I asked her if the baby had been kicking. I swear she replied Yes he is, very much so but no one else heard! Either I misunderstood it, or Kate is trying to confuse us all!
Did Kate let slip she's having a daughter... or a son? | This is Grimsby

Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Majesty

Yeah, she didn't reveal anything. I think you can tell that everyone wants to know and they wanted her to slip.

I'm no baby expert so all I can say is she's carrying a baby.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
[QUOTE=Dman;1523955]I'm no baby expert so all I can say is she's carrying a baby.[/QUOTE

I'm willing to bet my last donut too that it will be either a girl or a boy.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Here's another video with subtitles. I can't really make out what Kate is saying, but I do hear the lady ask if Kate said daughter.

Moment Kate nearly gave the game away: Duchess says she'll give teddy to her 'd' and blushes royally when excited crowd ask 'Did you say daughter?' | Mail Online
Old 03-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=Osipi;1523956]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm no baby expert so all I can say is she's carrying a baby.[/QUOTE

You seem so certain, Osipi!

I feel sorry for Kate - she tried to walk back the fact that she'd give the teddy to her DOG so as not to insult the poor lady, and instead the whole thing goes viral. Can this woman not brush her teeth without mass hysteria?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton pregnant: What will the baby be called? - hellomagazine.com

Kate Middleton habla de su embarazo: 'Siento que el beb se mueve mucho'
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Nobility

She may be sitting back and grinning at the furor this has caused. Looking at videos from two different angles, when someone asks if she was going to say "daughter", she doesn't react like someone who's been caught out. She doesn't "redden" like I read in one article. But who knows ... she might just be a cool customer who doesn't get rattled by a near verbal slip.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Royalty View Post
I feel you may be anticipating much about the circumstances where if the sex of the newborn heir is harnessed by imitable speculations that we have to satisfy our wishes and god given righted ness upon our understanding of correlation of philosophical tampering in idealistic reason then we might forego the nostalgic, clandestine, divinity passed on to us the bearers of antiquated formality from ago and not the so distant past where life was bearing of qualities that are dealt with by nurturing of the soul of the land and it's people and again by man's expectation of sovereignty and solvency in the mystery that is life giving, then we miss the big picture. But not to worry for there is order to whatever may be our plight according to the place we're in and then we can root for our desires and aiming with no discord and no display of acts that are empty of empathy. I hope they have the greatest reality and sobriety. They are the world's fun and fortitude. Long hail the reign and the Queen.
Where did you copy/paste this from? I ask, because nothing in that post has anything to do with this thread or anything anyone in this thread has said.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Majesty

[QUOTE=Osipi;1523956]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm no baby expert so all I can say is she's carrying a baby.[/QUOTE

I think both of us is right.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Royal Highness

I read that text Sister quoted as saying that we on being too concerned about the potential sex of the baby at the moment are missing the real important fact that it is a Royal baby - and that traditionally the sex is only revealed at birth. And that we should show real empathy and stop it, as we'll get to know it at the right moment.

Don't know why it was written so complicated as if the author was raised as a future evangelist in the Bible belt and maybe he or she is right, but it's not as if Catherine reads here (or if she does, she is surely amused about the speculations and musings here!)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Majesty

That's why I'm not paying much attention to this story. I'm waiting for official moment the baby arrives and then celebrate the birth of a son or daughter for the royal couple.

The press is just running with the lady's misunderstanding.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Big deal .... she nearly said "Dog" and not "Daughter". She was probably thinking about Lupo.
But let the hysteria begin ...
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually this is being discussed in a few other threads. Stating that she has stated it is a girl is also wrong. She did NOT say it was a girl but did start to say something and corrected herself. We do not know its a girl at all but there is a 50% chance that it is.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Courtier

I am with you on this. I really think she wanted to say DOG. :-)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I'm not really sure if she was going to say daughter, but I don't know if she was going to say dog either. I mean, why would Kate ask the lady if the teddy bear was for the dog? Wouldn't her first thought be that the bear was for the baby?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Big deal .... she nearly said "Dog" and not "Daughter". She was probably thinking about Lupo.
But let the hysteria begin ...
Whilst it is most likely she was going to say dog, which would have been quite insulting to the gift giver. There is every chance she was saying daughter. There is no need for the 'hysteria' comments to fly everytime.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
She may be sitting back and grinning at the furor this has caused. Looking at videos from two different angles, when someone asks if she was going to say "daughter", she doesn't react like someone who's been caught out. She doesn't "redden" like I read in one article. But who knows ... she might just be a cool customer who doesn't get rattled by a near verbal slip.
I thought of that too. Maybe her way of getting back at the press.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
here is no need for the 'hysteria' comments to fly everytime
But judging by the reactions of the press, on the forums and all over the web the last couple of hours it's terribly accurate...

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge