The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

They More then likely didn't decide to camp outside the people who pay their wages could have asked to them to report on it. And I wouldn't be surprised if some great friendships have begun from this. And they don't mind I don't think, because most of them at the end of the day want to be one of the first with the breaking news that A)Catherine's in Labour, B) A baby has been born and C) Who might visit the baby and D) When the family leave the hospital.

I'd say at this point if any of them wanted to leave they would leave, but I'd say they would be gutted if they left and soon after they left the action starts. I know I would be which is why i've been glued to the live stream since thursday!

Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

..So they make the frustration into a story to fill a few more column inches.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Has there ever been a Prince/Princess christened at Balmoral? It sounds lovely, but how would the republicans see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
..So they make the frustration into a story to fill a few more column inches.
Yes, it is called justifying your expense account.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Congratulations, Elsabetteke! I hope Jakob brings you years of joy and happiness, and very few messes to clean up.
I second that, Elsabetteke!

According to Richard Palmer, a tweeter I trust, his sources indicate Will and Kate are now back at KP. Won't be long now; this week most likely. Most first babies are late.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
I Have been pregnant together with the duchess of Camebrigde. I gave birth last thursday {it's a son called Jakob) two weeks early and we surprised everyone, they weren't expecting it (neither did we), babies are not to be programmed. Now I'm even more curieus to the baby of Kate and William. I feel now how they will probably will feel when their baby is born, it turns your live upside down, but it's wonderfull!!
Gefeliciteerd met de geboorte van Jakob!!! :-)

Queen Mathilde
Old 07-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Courtier

Is it safe to assume or say that Catherine is definitely late now? Weather that being the due date was 12 days ago or yesterday. It is now Late July.
But Yes I think this will be the week!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Has there ever been a Prince/Princess christened at Balmoral? It sounds lovely, but how would the republicans see it?
What do you mean how would the republicans see it?
Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that the assumption that the baby is late is a harmless one. All we know for sure it that Kate said "mid-July" whatever this means. I think most first babies are late, but I have also read there's a trend to not let women go much beyond the 40 weeks now as the placenta deteriorates much more rapidly than once thought - no more 42 weeks for most women.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Gentry

The Daily Express does tend to make a huge drama out of things!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For those of you watching the live feed cam from the Lindo wing, you might want to be on the alert for a man in a white coat, catcher's mask and mitt. It will be a sure sign that the birth is imminent. Then the waiting crowds can start chanting "Push em out... push 'em out. waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out!" (from an old Bill Cosby stand up routine".

I've been thinking while reading through all the posts I needed to catch up is that its been kind of nice that while waiting we have gone a bit off topic on certain things like names, titles, Charles becoming King of Romania etc. I do imagine that perhaps TRF has gained a few new members to join us with the baby watch and with the vast amount of knowledge on all things royal that our members have, an off topic tangent may lead them to interest in some of the excellent forums on other topics we have here. Its all good in my book.

I've been a member of TRF now for 5 years and up until the Cambridge wedding, Mr. Remote here has had little to no interest at all. He had some interest in the wedding but quickly found other things to do. I slept in quite late today and while being handed my first cup of coffee of the day, I got all the latest information on Baby C. from him that he'd picked up from newscast here. Now that was a pleasant wake up surprise!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Aw, you've got a convert in your house, Osipi! Do you think our bosses would be just as sympathetic if we don't get too much work accomplished if we're still on Baby Watch for Monday??

- - -

Let HM go on her vacation; as someone already previously mentioned she has planned visits that might get disrupted if she delays it. Other than being the heir of the heir to the heir, this isn't her first great-grandchild nor will it be her last so there's no urgency for her to postpone anything. Her presence isn't critical to the well-being of the baby.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Aw, you've got a convert in your house, Osipi! Do you think our bosses would be just as sympathetic if we don't get too much work accomplished if we're still on Baby Watch for Monday??
We're retired here so we don't "work" unless its necessary and we share all the household duties. He's got the TV covered and I've got the Internet so we're bound to be very well informed. I'm the lucky one that has the best source of information on anything royal though.. right here!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Osipi, thanks for the reminder of Bill's take on a birth, lol.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah, lucky you indeed, Osipi. My employers know I'm a royal fanatic, so they'll hopefully cut me some slack if my attention gets somewhat diverted during the day.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I think that the assumption that the baby is late is a harmless one. All we know for sure it that Kate said "mid-July" whatever this means. I think most first babies are late, but I have also read there's a trend to not let women go much beyond the 40 weeks now as the placenta deteriorates much more rapidly than once thought - no more 42 weeks for most women.
After 42 weeks the mother will be monitored every day.
If the condition of baby and placenta deteriorates than they will induce or perform a CS.
As I said my daughter, a midwife herself, had her due day on August 6th
After August 20th she was on the monitor every day and they decided to give mother and baby the chance for a natural birth because they were in a perfect condition.
Her condition and that of her baby was even so good that she could go to her best friend's wedding on August 23rd (120km away).
My granddaughter was born perfectly healthy on August 25th.
All depends on the condition of mother and child.
Every case is different
Induction or CS have their own risk
Old 07-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Majesty

i don't think it's such a drama. should the baby not be born before her holiday, she will carry on her life as normal, go on holiday, and will have no issues going to see the baby as soon as her schedule permits. i bet HM has helicopters waiting for her in case she needs to travel a long distance, so she surely can afford to take a flight into london to go and see her grandchild anytime if the birth is delayed. i don't think she will wait until october, why would she having the option not to? surely she will have a day off sometime during her holidays.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Twelve Myths About Pregnancy - Medical Myths - Harvard Commentaries | Aetna InteliHealth
Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

All of this discussion is so silly. The Queen will see the new baby when it is convenient for her to see the new baby. William and Kate will not travel to Balmoral. They will stay at their place in the city and spent time with Kate's parents at their house in Bucklebury. There is no need to change routines.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Is it safe to assume or say that Catherine is definitely late now? Weather that being the due date was 12 days ago or yesterday. It is now Late July.
But Yes I think this will be the week!
Nope, not yet for an October conception. And it depends on how you count the weeks - because there are two ways to account for them. It really is a big muddle IMHO when you look at at how it is done.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

It's safe to assume that the standard of care that Duchess Catherine receives cannot be known by the rest of us, using our statistics or our own experience.

I have a feeling that all concerned are going to be cautious in the current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Nope, not yet for an October conception. And it depends on how you count the weeks - because there are two ways to account for them. It really is a big muddle IMHO when you look at at how it is done.
How is it that you know the baby was conceived in October? What's your methodology there? AFAIK, the Duke and Duchess have never discussed this publicly (there have been lots of media guesses).

Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge