The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I am amazed at people watching live video feeds and those parading past the hospital. What are they hoping to see? Do people actually believe that Catherine, in labour, is actually going to pull up in front of the hospital and stop for photographs and maybe do a quick interview or walk about?
We are an odd species. Two weeks back a road construction worker in our neighborhood fell into a hole and it caved in and buried him up to his waist. He was OK throughout. The police barricaded the block, so we could not see much of anything.
Despite that, we all stood there and took cell phone photos (of nothing, really), posted to social media etc. We could not see, much less help - but we wanted that little piece of history/humanity/drama.
As a child, I remember running along side a presidential candidate's convertible car to shake his hand (I know, I am old - no security at all). It was meaningless - except to me. Still, I did it.
There is little logic to chasing "celebrity," but it does not stop us.
And hanging out here on the Forums hoping and waiting is another way we handle it. Trust me, 4 years from now when the baby has a birthday, some of us will remember fondly what one of us said on the day of birth here on the Forums. It's human.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Majesty

I guess baby Cambridge will come sometime this week.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

Hanging out on a forum and going to stand by the hospital both create memories for the people involved, it's true.

On July 5, when Kate and William declined to go to a friend's wedding on the 6th, their stated reason was apparently "too close to due date" to go more than 300 miles away from the hospital. This led a lot of people to place bets on days nearer to the 14th than for a week later, so the bookies are really making money off of this event. It's fascinating that Britain has betting on things of this nature (maybe you can bet on it in Vegas or Atlantic City, too, although I have heard nothing about that).

At any rate, most people thought the baby would be here by now and betted accordingly.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Nobility

teach them not to be idiots then...gonna lose more if a prince is born...
Old 07-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Aristocracy

I Have been pregnant together with the duchess of Camebrigde. I gave birth last thursday {it's a son called Jakob) two weeks early and we surprised everyone, they weren't expecting it (neither did we), babies are not to be programmed. Now I'm even more curieus to the baby of Kate and William. I feel now how they will probably will feel when their baby is born, it turns your live upside down, but it's wonderfull!!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
...At any rate, most people thought the baby would be here by now and betted accordingly.
It shows that Babies can be late ( that is if her due date was before July 20th) and that theu have their own agenda, They come when ready.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
I Have been pregnant together with the duchess of Camebrigde. I gave birth last thursday {it's a son called Jakob) two weeks early and we surprised everyone, they weren't expecting it (neither did we), babies are not to be programmed. Now I'm even more curieus to the baby of Kate and William. I feel now how they will probably will feel when their baby is born, it turns your live upside down, but it's wonderfull!!
Congratulations on the arrival of Jakob!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Nobility

My moms due date (when she was pregnant with me) was 9th of May. I was born on the 23rd of May)))

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 07-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Gentry

I was 5 days late
Old 07-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts View Post
My moms due date (when she was pregnant with me) was 9th of May. I was born on the 23rd of May)))
Me and all of my siblings were around ten days late, I was due the 8 March born the 18th March
My sister was due the 15 of September and born the 25th,
My brother was due the 25th of September and born the 3rd October
My brother was due the 1st Jan and born the 13th!

Not everyone comes when they are due, give her time!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Courtier

I just saw a comment from Vanity Fair magazine on Facebook that "Kate was on the move" .... Any other reports about where she is moving to/from????
Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
Congratulations, Elsabetteke! I hope Jakob brings you years of joy and happiness, and very few messes to clean up.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I just saw a comment from Vanity Fair magazine on Facebook that "Kate was on the move" .... Any other reports about where she is moving to/from????
No, there is no news.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I just saw that they left her parent's home. However, her destination is unknown :)
Old 07-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Apparently the Media is getting frustratedly http://india.nydailynews.com/reshada...ing-frustrated

I have to say that I don't have much sympathy for the Press! They are the ones who decided to camp outside the hospital 24/7 since July 1st knowing that the baby may not be born until late July! !
Old 07-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Majesty

Well, if I was a photographer or credited member of the press, I too would want the best spot in front of the hospital. It's a long and frustrating wait but I think it's all worth it.

I hope the royal couple will take into account on long the media has been waiting in the heat and give them some good pictures.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

To be fair, the individuals who are camped out there may not have been the ones who made that decision. They could be reporters who were given an assignment - camp outside a hospital until the baby appears - that is turning into a very long wait.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Nobility

As journalist myself I can only imagine what is to wait for so long....

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 07-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really don't think any of the BRF would feel like descending on the new parents as soon as the baby is born except maybe to "pop" in with a hug and teddy bear to wish them well. I remember well wishing it was just me, dad and new son bonding as a new family.

HM will see the new prince/ss when the time is right. It could be before she leaves London, it could be at Balmoral or even sometime else. They will work it out I'm sure where its best for all involved.

The major event I expect to see is the baby's Christening where we most likely get a photo of the Queen with 3 future reigning monarchs of the UK. That will be something for the history books.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Nobility

My grandma was due the same day as one of her good friends, but what happened was my dad was a week early and said friend's daughter was a week late.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge