The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I can understand that a great-grandchild is not a huge priority for a person, but perhaps she will be able to delay for a day or so.
Maybe an ordinary great-granchild not, but this child will be her heir.
Quote:
I also wouldn't say that going to Scotland is necessarily a horrible thing for a newborn, even in a draughty old castle.
Two-months old babies don't care much about where they live.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

For most babies, the destination is not the problem. Most pediatricians recommend no flying for infants, and certainly no infant would choose to fly. And a long car trip for a newborn would be very stressful for all. Also, a woman who has given birth only 6 or 8 weeks before would not be very comfortable traveling. I think this is a decision for (primarily) Catherine and William to make.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Depending on when the mid-July due date really was: if the due date was the week before this last week, if it is one week overdue now (due date between 8-14) , they'll surely induce by this Friday - few people go more than two weeks overdue as it is considered to be a risk for mother and child.

If the mid-July due date was considered to be this week, inducing could theoretically wait until the week after the coming one, as they really prefer a natural birth if possible, no matter the Queen's holiday schedule.

Being pregnant in the sweltering heat in the UK right now can't be all that pleasant, no matter who you are, and going on for longer than the due date... ouch.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishboy View Post
that if the baby is not born she will not go and will not see the baby until October!!
Whilst this shouldn't have it's own thread, if Baby C was born after The Queen left for Balmoral, The Queen is perfectly capable of travelling down to London to see the baby whilst she is on holiday should she wish. I doubt she's going to go 3 months without seeing her great grandchild.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:06 AM
Courtier

I don't think QE2 will move her entire entourage down to London to see the child for a couple of days, or cancel commitments she has in her diary. In this era of webcams, she will see the baby shortly after it is born. Others may make comments over their disappointment the QE2 has not seen the baby in person, but the family will undoubtably not expect her to cancel commitments to go down to London. I think W&C, especially William will be happy to be able to look at the nursery at Balmoral as a happy place considering what the past memories of that room hold for him, and Harry. If they choose to go to Balmoral while the Queen is on holiday, I am sure a pediatrician will be there, or close by.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Aristocracy

Well, I have to say this discussion is very funny. I am not Britisch, I don´t understand a lot of what is it like to be royal or what is expected there of a royal.

But, as a mother of 4 children, all born natural, I just can laugh.

First of all, if the Duchess is as down to earth as I think she is, she wants a natural birth, and when there are no medical reasons, no problem, even if you go more than 2 weeks over time. But nobody knows really the due date. So just speculation.

Travelling for a newborn in a big car with - maybe - driver is no stress at all.
If you take care of the baby and it is healthy I don´t see a problem at all - as I said I had 4 of them.

All these theories here are strange to me, but I see all around that common sense is fading all over - it always has be - like this, like that or it is dangerous or false or what ever. I am sorry that the world loses common sense - just because people are afraid of everything, and nobody can accept that things don´t always go the way we want them, so everything has to be controlled. Let nature be nature, be careful and enjoy life.

And if the queen wants to see the baby, they will be able to arrange it - which way ever. If these are alll the problems we have in this world, how lucky.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

No wonder the poor kid doesn't want to come out - it's probably terrified.

Would you want to come out?
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lightbox/pr...155508577.html

Though I like Prince Harry and the bear: I wonder what they're there advertising.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/lightbox/pr...092201640.html
Old 07-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
For most babies, the destination is not the problem. Most pediatricians recommend no flying for infants, and certainly no infant would choose to fly. And a long car trip for a newborn would be very stressful for all. Also, a woman who has given birth only 6 or 8 weeks before would not be very comfortable traveling. I think this is a decision for (primarily) Catherine and William to make.
It is all up to how mother and baby are, as a 37 year old mother I travelled from Australia to America with a 5 week old baby to spend a month with my brother, it worked, and also I think I learnt alot about how resilient and flexible we can be. And just think DoC won't have to travel cattle class nor transport a child an luggage ( and pram and all the other bits) between US terminals to visit family!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Commoner

And will add that I had a caesarian birth, however my obstetrician and Paediatrician were both of the opinion if mother and baby are well (and feeding established) there is absolutely no reason to stop doing things.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
The royal train, however, would be perfect. It's a rolling hotel suite, so you can put the baby down on a real crib, walk around, etc.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I wouldn't say that the baby isn't a priority for the Queen, huge or otherwise. What's more likely is that she's putting her personal preferences - seeing her new great-grandchild and eventual heir - beneath her duty - the engagements that she has in Scotland that would prevent her from being able to see said new great-grandchild.
Yes. I would say that, as usual, the Queen is not the Queen's priority. She is always practical rather than emotional, and is not self serving. She will see that baby when it works out for Mom and Dad and BC. And please don't forget that he still has that 4 days on, 4 days off job.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Well the actual date can change during prgnancy. Perhaps it has been mid July as Kate stated. But now I think the actual date might be today or later. Because they left Bucklebury on friday to be nearer to hospital...
But do we know for a fact that they left Bucklebury? No one actually saw them leave and there was no confirmation that they returned to London.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Courtier

The Belgian King Abdication and Oath Ceremony has been successfully completed, now the Duchess of Cambridge can give birth any time or day it has been destined to come out. Praying for her safe delivery.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

Hmmm - or maybe it was already born and they were withholding the news until the ceremony was over so it didn't conflict?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Too Funny. Have Postman Pat and his black cat, Jess, gotten stuck somewhere with an important delivery?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Gentry

She is certainly living up to her name from the press "waity Katie"
Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Commoner

If the due date was always about now, it amused me to think of W+K sat at home watching the coverage and laughing - "Ha, ha, made you wait"!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Commoner

I would think if they were going to use a cover date it would have been a later date not an earlier one. The press has been camped out for three weeks now and it's being drug out. By saying late July the massive build up of cameras would have just started maybe this last week. If she was truly due this week, it could be two more weeks and by that time reporters will have been waiting for over a month... While a taste of their own medicine it is also completely unnecessary.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I am amazed at people watching live video feeds and those parading past the hospital. What are they hoping to see? Do people actually believe that Catherine, in labour, is actually going to pull up in front of the hospital and stop for photographs and maybe do a quick interview or walk about?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

Seeing isn't everything for some people. They just want to be near something that's happening, to feel part of it. I think some people really like being out among other people (you'd have to be pretty social to enjoy actually standing in front of the hospital).

Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge