The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Which is as it should be :)

And I actually agree with miche about it being unusual for a parent to use "daughter" or "son" during a pregnancy. I still think she was going to say "dog".
I agree with this. Even if you know the sex, parents to be, especially with the first, mostly say "the baby". Or, If they're into already having the name, etc. they will say my little boy or little gir,l but son or daughter, not until they're much older in my experience.
anyway, I'm voting for a boy for many Old wives tales reasons.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Nobility

I personally am hoping for a girl. In my family there are a LOT more boys than girls. My dad's sister is the only girl in their family; she has three other brothers plus him, for a total of four. All five of my cousins are older than me; and they're all male. My dad's parents and siblings/siblings-in-law were SO happy when I came along; they could finally shop in the pink section for the first time in 36 years since 1954, which was when my aforementioned aunt was born. Then my parents had two boys three years apart. I have to say I feel like Princess Anne!

Old 03-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't mean to quibble, but while P Anne has only male siblings, her parents had only female siblings! Prince Phillip is the only male in his family and of course HM had only a sister.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe she was going to say "my Daniella" or "my Daniel" or "my David", a name picked out. My Davina, Dorothea, Denis...or maybe after all it is Dog, who is given the treat of ripping Teddy to shreds. Douglas, Demetri, Donald....
Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness
Don't mean to quibble, but while P Anne has only male siblings, her parents had only female siblings! Prince Phillip is the only male in his family and of course HM had only a sister.
True, I forgot that Philip had four older sisters! But George VI's sister Mary, Princess Royal number 6, only had brothers as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Majesty

What about 'darling' as in 'darling child' and thus stopped herself in order to tease us mere mortals?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Majesty

Video:
Kate Keeps Mum Over Royal Baby's Gender
Kate Keeps Mum Over Royal Baby's Gender

The Duchess of Cambridge didn't reveal the baby's sex. From what I see in the video, she didn't say anything about the baby's gender, except that they don't know the baby's gender. You can tell she was being asked by the lady but Catherine didn't spill anything.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Majesty

Let's make a list of all the 'd' words it could have been - if anything:

David
Daniel
Douglas
Darren
Daryl
Darrell
Donna
Diana
Deandra
Devon
etc etc etc etc
Old 03-06-2013, 01:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

Really I have known a lot of couples who have done just that, or more frequently a mother to refer to the fetus as my daughter and the father refer to it as my son.
i agree - i have had quite a few friends who have done that... with their first. how is my son today, oh your daughter is kicking up a storm. this could very easily be a run on joke btwn the two of them and she certainly needn't stop and explain.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I found this article on my news page as I surfaced from a long winter's nap this evening. Nothing like a hot fire, warm fuzzy slippers and a roaring fire during a snowstorm.

I think once an expectant mother knows the sex of her baby, its very probable that she will start thinking of her son or her daughter so its very possible that Kate almost let it slip that she's expecting a girl. When all thoughts are around the impending birth, I don't think baby toys or stuffed animals would be thought as a gift for a dog. Then again, our Dawg has a stuffed zebra in his toy box so what do I know?

Anyways, the pictures that come with this article are too cute for words.

Kate Middleton Baby Girl? Pregnant Royal Reportedly Hints At Sex Of Child
Old 03-06-2013, 02:40 AM
Nobility

I feel you may be anticipating much about the circumstances where if the sex of the newborn heir is harnessed by imitable speculations that we have to satisfy our wishes and god given righted ness upon our understanding of correlation of philosophical tampering in idealistic reason then we might forego the nostalgic, clandestine, divinity passed on to us the bearers of antiquated formality from ago and not the so distant past where life was bearing of qualities that are dealt with by nurturing of the soul of the land and it's people and again by man's expectation of sovereignty and solvency in the mystery that is life giving, then we miss the big picture. But not to worry for there is order to whatever may be our plight according to the place we're in and then we can root for our desires and aiming with no discord and no display of acts that are empty of empathy. I hope they have the greatest reality and sobriety. They are the world's fun and fortitude. Long hail the reign and the Queen.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Royalty View Post
I feel you may be anticipating much about the circumstances where if the sex of the newborn heir is harnessed by imitable speculations that we have to satisfy our wishes and god given righted ness upon our understanding of correlation of philosophical tampering in idealistic reason then we might forego the nostalgic, clandestine, divinity passed on to us the bearers of antiquated formality from ago and not the so distant past where life was bearing of qualities that are dealt with by nurturing of the soul of the land and it's people and again by man's expectation of sovereignty and solvency in the mystery that is life giving, then we miss the big picture. But not to worry for there is order to whatever may be our plight according to the place we're in and then we can root for our desires and aiming with no discord and no display of acts that are empty of empathy. I hope they have the greatest reality and sobriety. They are the world's fun and fortitude. Long hail the reign and the Queen.
I... am a fairly verbose person, but I can't begin to parse the word soup in this post. Come again?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 AM
Royal Highness

Charles calls Catherine his "darling daughter" and Camilla his "darling wife" - maybe it's some sort of typical endearment in this famila to call one another starting with "darling"? Then she could have meant to say "darling baby" but realised in time how stupid that would sound?

Not overly likely, I know, but still a possibility...
Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Royal Highness

she slipped she is having a girl
Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I reckon it will be a girl as it's a feeling I've had, but we wont know until the baby is born really. I am a wee bit more excited now I have seen a bump and she is talking about fetal movements.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am not convinced at all, I think it's a bit of fantasy of the person that has revealed the news, or either it was Kate's desire to joke. I don't forget about Princess Victoria of Sweden's signs apparent blue coloured dresses during her pregnancy that pointed that the future baby should have been a boy, in fact a girl was born.
In some months we'll know for sure who it will be, anyway.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I... am a fairly verbose person, but I can't begin to parse the word soup in this post. Come again?
I'm relieved - I feared it was my unsufficient knowledge of English, which left me in the fog.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Royal Highness

well... i've always felt she is having a baby girl.... but maybe that "d" was the name of her baby! david perhaps :)
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Courtier

From @RoyalKateDebate on twitter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Video of Kate and the teddy exchange! I think she says 'oh my t-' as in t for teddy. Take a look <a href="http://t.co/IsxdZ5btEp" title="
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Gentry

I think she said..."is this for (me?).....ooohhhh thank you so much"

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge