The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Nobility

Is it normal for police officers to walk along side the hospital this often? I've see two officers twice now...

Old 07-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Courtier

Interesting; http://m.guardiannews.com/uk-news/20...ent?CMP=twt_gu

But Support for The Monarchy and The Queen still remains high!

Old 07-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

Twitter is indicating increased police activity at hospital for past few hours. I'm assuming that the police presence was going to increase BEFORE she arrived (ideally), and that she will arrive for an induction possibly either late tonight, or very early tomorrow. The timing of the induction depends on how ready she is to give birth, and hopefully timed so that HM will not have to be awakened. All an estimate on the part of the attending physicians. Press and public will not be alerted until police satisfied area is secure and all personnel in place (and Kate has been safely tucked into her suite).

Source; My Own Head.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
I forgot to mention earlier, Prince William is now on annual leave. He won't need to return to his job at RAF Valley until after the birth.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
William will take his statutory two weeks paternity leave once the baby is born.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Twitter is indicating increased police activity at hospital for past few hours. I'm assuming that the police presence was going to increase BEFORE she arrived (ideally), and that she will arrive for an induction possibly either late tonight, or very early tomorrow. The timing of the induction depends on how ready she is to give birth, and hopefully timed so that HM will not have to be awakened. All an estimate on the part of the attending physicians. Press and public will not be alerted until police satisfied area is secure and all personnel in place (and Kate has been safely tucked into her suite).

Source; My Own Head.
why would she be induced, when its not known when her due date is, it's possible hrer due date is only today!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
I forgot to mention earlier, Prince William is now on annual leave. He won't need to return to his job at RAF Valley until after the birth.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
William will take his statutory two weeks paternity leave once the baby is born.
Even greater indication I'm right on the induction this evening.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Even greater indication I'm right on the induction this evening.
And Camilla said she by the end of this week on the Birth.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolbabe View Post
why would she be induced, when its not known when her due date is, it's possible hrer due date is only today!
Without going into too much detail, if the mother's body is "ready", i.e., head engaged and cervix ready, people are induced before a due date for a variety of reasons, ranging from convenience to medical reasons. I was scheduled for an induction the week before my due date (but he came even earlier than that).
Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Without going into too much detail, if the mother's body is "ready", i.e., head engaged and cervix ready, people are induced before a due date for a variety of reasons, ranging from convenience to medical reasons. I was scheduled for an induction the week before my due date (but he came even earlier than that).
true! you could be right
Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

They are cleaning the doors again!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:

My cousin who is expecting her second child on on December 27th (her birthday) plans to be induced a week early so the child can have it own birthday and the fact that she does not want to spend Christmas in hospital and Doctors don't want to work on Christmas either, they want to be with their Famines.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
My cousin who is expecting her second child on on December 27th (her birthday) plans to be induced a week early so the child can have it own birthday and the fact that she does not want to spend Christmas in hospital and Doctors don't want to work on Christmas either, they want to be with their Famines.
Four years ago my sister was induced a week early and my nephew was born healthily. four years later again my sister had an scheduled c section yesterday and my second nephew was born!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

In this case, I can see a scheduled induction because, as I mentioned, the monumental effort of having all of the necessary security in place, and all persons who must be notified, etc. Much safer to have it all assembled at leisure than scurrying over in some Hollywood type scenario.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
In this case, I can see a scheduled induction because, as I mentioned, the monumental effort of having all of the necessary security in place, and all persons who must be notified, etc. Much safer to have it all assembled at leisure than scurrying over in some Hollywood type scenario.
Good point and I could see that. Was this why Diana was induced? Or is that not true.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course no one actually knows when her due date was so it is only speculation when it comes to saying she is being induced for any reason at all.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

Eh what's happened to the man?/
Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Of course no one actually knows when her due date was so it is only speculation when it comes to saying she is being induced for any reason at all.
Oh, yes, I've said my source was my own head. This just seems the most logical scenario to me. Whether it's tonight or just some sort of dry run is another matter.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

I've said it before, saying it again, induction should not be used for anything other than medical reasons. For convenience is not a medical reason.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I remember that being the same reaction before Kate and William's wedding...it was said that only the media and Americans were excited. In fact, many were speculating that few would turn out to see them get married, but that turned out not to be the case.

Like others have said, there is no baby yet so there is really nothing to get excited about. I'm sure when the baby is born, there will be a bit more excitement.
Does anybody remember what was the case during Diana's pregnancy and before the actual birth of William? Where native people as cynic for the upcoming event, or more expressively looking forward to it?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
I've said it before, saying it again, induction should not be used for anything other than medical reasons. For convenience is not a medical reason.
I totally agree!!!

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge