The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Majesty

William looks like Peter and Philip - no Diana in him at all in appearance.

I doubt if any of them will visit as she will barely be in there long enough for visiting hours if she is like Diana who was out so fast that there wasn't really time for anyone to visit - she gave birth latish at night and was out the next afternoon.

Courtier

This CNN special on William and Kate +Baby is basically a repeat of the one they did before the wedding just with Kate Balduan instead of Solead OBrien.

Aristocracy

I thought there would be a baby by now. Well, if Kate wants to wait till Wednesday, I am on vacation and I can spend all my time reading about the new royal baby!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
So Anne was driven to the hospital at 4:00 and gave birth at 10:46. which mean she was in labor for about 6 hours.
Some women don't go to the hospital right at the beginning of labor.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I doubt if any of them will visit as she will barely be in there long enough for visiting hours if she is like Diana who was out so fast that there wasn't really time for anyone to visit - she gave birth latish at night and was out the next afternoon.
Some people visited the Princess of Wales, after Her Royal Highness gave birth to Prince William.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:

We just had a video posted of all four grandparents visiting Diana after she gave birth to William, so it wasn't too quick in her case. The Middletons I doubt you will keep them away, and likely Charles and Camilla at the very least.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:

Even though Diana didn't stay very long in the hospital, she still had visitors. The Queen, Diana's mother, father and sister all visited when she gave birth to William. So even if Kate's stay in the hospital is short, I imagine she'll still have visitors.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
William looks like Peter and Philip
and he looks like Prince Edward too
Old 07-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Majesty

He also remind me of his uncle, Earl Spencer. No matter what, I always see Diana in William & Harry. I think the Spencer & Windsor genes are pretty strong.

A Baby for William and Kate: ZDF Documentary
Offspring with the Windsor's-
http://zeit.zdf.de/ZDF/zdfportal/pro...4?doDispatch=2

Tuesday, 7/30/2013, 20:15 - 21:00 clock

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent

William resembled his mother as a child and as a teenager, but not any more. In fact I agree with Iluvbertie...he no longer bears the slightest resemblance to Diana.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I disagree. I see Diana in William's nose, eyes and forehead. Though I do believe that he and Peter do have some similarities.

As for how long she stays, it will depend upon how she gives birth. A C-section will likely have her staying over an extra day as she will have had major surgery.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Courtier

C sections usually keep you in for a few days but if she has a natural birth with no problems she could be out a few hours later. My niece has her baby at 5am and was home by lunch time. Diana didn't spend long in the hospital after both her births and Kate seems pretty no nonsense. Plus it isn't like Kate has to worry about housework etc. LOL I do see Diana in William especially around the eyes and some of his mannerisms same with Harry.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@CambridgeWatch: Kate Middleton baby: Claims that St Mary's Hospital staff were given due date of July 19 http://t.co/XbFzBRNTew via @DailyMailUS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-July-19.html
Old 07-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The psychic saying the baby girl will be a reincarnation of Diana? Oh just what we need people thinking.
Bah it's not as silly that constantly underline the fact that it's "Diana 's grandchild and legacy", deliberately forgetting Charles, the Middletons (and i don't even talk about Camilla).
Old 07-19-2013, 04:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:

The Queen did visit Diana in the Hospital after William was born:

Go to 1:00
Congratulations! I wish some people would spend a little time checking the facts before correcting people and bullying members into feeling stupid for posts (because they have 20X more post than others). Just because you spend about 20% of your day posting on this site, does not automatically make you an authority of everything royal. Try using the following phrases, "I didn't think", "I don't think", "I do think", etc., instead of "They do", "They don't", "They always", "They will never", etc. Unless of course you have a Batphone into BP, or the royal family uses you as a consultant. The monarchy is a living thing, and as with all living things, it is constantly changing and adapting.

Stand corrected, apologize (For Your Misinfornation), and move on.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:25 AM
Nobility

[...

Stand corrected, apologize (For Your Misinfornation), and move on.[/QUOTE]

me thinks you read shades of grey once to often
Old 07-19-2013, 04:28 AM
Nobility

Actually never read it once, or seen the movie. LOL. Just a little common courtesy would be nice.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Queen did visit Diana in the Hospital after William was born:

Go to 1:00
Thanks for posting this - never seen it before! I think Earl Spencer was a lovely chap, seemed very friendly!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Courtier

A salute to the press

Yesterday, a hot day where I am, I noticed some workmen patching the street. They were dressed in long pants and long sleeved-shirts (it's what they wear year-round), and they were red-faced, sweating and obviously broiling hot. Why were they there? Their employer required it. The work needed to be done, it was their work, and they had no choice.

Same thing with the press. If you work for the Daily Baloney, and your editor tells you to wait outside the hospital for that eventual picture, you do it. You'd rather stay home, wearing something skimpy, drinking a cold drink and watching telly? Too bad, it's your job.

So why are so many critical of these poor photographers and reporters who are just there because they have to be? They're not voyeurs or nosy busybodies- they are workers doing their job.

I was once a reporter and went to a lot of places I disliked and endured a lot of weather conditions which were unpleasant, and I heard a lot of boring and sometimes offensive things from those I was reporting on. I would be happy if someone could tell me why they wish ill on people doing their jobs (and doing it in ghastly weather).
Old 07-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I agree that William takes after many of the Mountbatten-Windsor genes, however I disagree that there is no Diana in his appearance. He definitely has her eyes, nose, smile and mannerisms with how he tucks his chin down and looks at people with his eyes....aka the "shy Di" look. Harry on the other hand has Phillip's and Charles' close set eyes and more pointed nose. Between the two of them, IMO William inherited more of Diana in looks than Harry did. The better reference would be to compare photos of Diana and William to see the similarities.

As far as the Royal Baby is concerned...I think with the Windsor-Mountbatten genes that tend to dominate most of the Royal Family, it will be curious to see what Catherine's genes will contribute to their children's looks.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge