The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Can we put posts on repeat?

There will be an announcement after Catherine is admitted. Legitimate news outlets (pref. from the UK) such as BBC, Telegraph, Sky, Times etc. will tell us and this means she is in labour. Ignore everyone else (unless you really like being stressed).
And once admitted, don't expect the birth immediatly
It can take 8 till 12 hours of labour before a firstborn makes his/her appearance.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I know, I know... It's just that we've been waiting so long for this... I just can't wait!!! I know it will take a while before the official confirmation and I know it's silly but I want to know right away.

All this fuss is almost making me broody as well. It's totally silly but...
How do you think she feels?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Okay, just checked in and read through the last three pages. I have one thought:

Clearly, we are all overwrought, myself included. Are you really all watching some guy vacuum? Someone is out there ranting and raving about page 3? How are any new mothers getting any sleep in that hospital?

Is this what happens in Britain when it goes over 79 degrees Farhenheit?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
How do you think she feels?
Oh I don't know... Hahah!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Well yes. Also people start going to their doctors to find out why their skin is turning colour. Sun and heat are not what the UK is best known for,
Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well yes. Also people start going to their doctors to find out why their skin is turning colour. Sun and heat are not what the UK is best known for,
Do they also start plunging into any and all kinds of water sources like fountains? That's what happens here in the north when the temperatures rise. It's almost like everyone's brain would melt. I can only imagine how it is combined with the royal baby fever!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Okay, just checked in and read through the last three pages. I have one thought:

Clearly, we are all overwrought, myself included. Are you really all watching some guy vacuum? Someone is out there ranting and raving about page 3? How are any new mothers getting any sleep in that hospital?

Nope - its what happens when jouranlists believe what either they have written or their colleagues. There is part of me that is LOVING the fact they are stuck there - they deserve it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

Ι was watching the report in the news bulletin of BBC world, and the presenter who reported from the streets of London, trying to infer the level of people's interest and reaction to the upcoming birth, concluded that natives are almost indifferent, and that it is the tourists, and particularly the Americans that show interest..

Is the perception of those here who live in the UK the same? Are the Brits growing indifferent to the monarchy after Elizabeth? If this is what happens now, it clearly wasn't the case -that I can remember- with the birth of Prince William 30 years ago..
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think we are indifferent, but the monarchy is part of our life, our history and I think we are used to royals births, weddings, jubilees and other celebrations. No need to get excited about something that hasnt happened yet, rather like last years Jubilee and even the Olympics which people were not very excited about beforehand. Right now there is nothing happening just reporters talking to other reporters about nothing. Not sure why Americans are so excited about the birth of the 3rd in lne to the throne of the UK though.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post

So what would be the point of that? Pretending that the baby was due earlier than it is would result in the media frenzy beginning earlier and thus prolonging it. I can see some sense (if you wanted to throw people off the scent) in announcing that the baby was due later than was really the case, but not the reverse.

Anyway no date has ever been officially announced, so this person clearly does not know what he is talking about anyway.
One could say that about an awful lot that comes out of Ryan's mouth actually. I just hope it's soon, because if the UK is getting the same heat wave we are, then Kate can't be comfy right now.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Yikes a 100 lbs!!!! Hopefully he has gotten his weights/measures confused, otherwise ..... Poor Kate!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
One could say that about an awful lot that comes out of Ryan's mouth actually. I just hope it's soon, because if the UK is getting the same heat wave we are, then Kate can't be comfy right now.
Half the time they are just repeating what the tabloids are saying and not even doing any fact checking themselves. OR just repeating what is the popular thing to say and not the actual truth.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's always exciting when a happy and loving couple is expecting a baby. A great deal of people have been watching this couple since the first time they were spotted in public as a couple. Followed the journey of them dating and even the break up. Everyone (I think) got excited when they got back together and was happy when they got engaged. We watched the wedding and followed their progress on their official royal tours and now they are expecting their first child.

It's a very exciting and joyous time for William & Catherine and their families and that joy is spreading all over the world. Although there wasn't any twitters, facebooks and royal forums back in the day, the people were excited when William & Harry were born and it's pretty much the same today.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post

Half the time they are just repeating what the tabloids are saying and not even doing any fact checking themselves. OR just repeating what is the popular thing to say and not the actual truth.
I know that, but we were talking about something Ryan Seacrest said. He's not known for being the brightest light on the Christmas Tree *and* is responsible for unleashing the Kardashians on the World. That alone says it all about Ryan IMO.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The psychic saying the baby girl will be a reincarnation of Diana? Oh just what we need people thinking.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Courtier

My mom thinks Kate's already had the baby at her parents' house and isn't telling anyone.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Nobility

Wouldn't the be a hoot
I put the twitter app on my fone,as that's one way of how it will be announced.
A,girl eh?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The psychic saying the baby girl will be a reincarnation of Diana? Oh just what we need people thinking.
I have been expecting such sillieness, just surprised it took this long. Next I expect people will be seeing visions of Diana appearing at the Lindo Wng.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolbabe View Post

When Catherine's Pregnancy was announced back in December. HM Did Actually visit Catherine in hospital!

ITN News Royal Baby: The Queen and Middletons visit pregnant Kate

And here's a video also!https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...49478099,d.ZGU
I'm afraid she didn't visit Catherine at all,

@RegalEyes: @HRHDuchesskate The video shows HM visiting the Barbican in London for a concert on one of the nights Kate was in hospital.

The only other royal The Queen has visited is Prince Philip.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge