The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3001  
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 AM
maidmarion's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: personal, Canada
Posts: 93
This just in a few minutes ago from IB times....

Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess of Cambridge to Give Birth at Royal Berkshire Hospital? - Entertainment & Stars.

Whichever hospital it is, I wish the baby a safe and peaceful delivery. This must just get so overwhelming for Catherine. One can only imagine...
__________________

__________________
  #3002  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 744
Catherine is probably one of the most relaxed she knows where the baby will be born! I hope she is getting plenty of sleep once the baby is here she won't be. LOL
__________________

__________________
  #3003  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
So I'm listening to Ryan Seacrest at work and he just reported that the previous due date was a cover-date and the actual due date has been released as July 23rd.
So what would be the point of that? Pretending that the baby was due earlier than it is would result in the media frenzy beginning earlier and thus prolonging it. I can see some sense (if you wanted to throw people off the scent) in announcing that the baby was due later than was really the case, but not the reverse.

Anyway no date has ever been officially announced, so this person clearly does not know what he is talking about anyway.
__________________
  #3004  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidmarion View Post
This just in a few minutes ago from IB times....

Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess of Cambridge to Give Birth at Royal Berkshire Hospital? - Entertainment & Stars.

Whichever hospital it is, I wish the baby a safe and peaceful delivery. This must just get so overwhelming for Catherine. One can only imagine...
From the above article:

Quote:
Her mother, Carole Middleton, told InStyle that she believed her royal grandson will be born under the next sign of the zodiac - Leo, which starts on 23 July. The due date was 13 July.
Really? Mrs Middleton gave an interview to this rag? Really? And disclosed the gender of the unborn child into tthe bargain? REALLY?
__________________
  #3005  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:10 AM
csw csw is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 382
As tempting as it might be to trick the press into missing the birth, I suspect the royal family would not be deceitful. I think that telling the truth or saying nothing is their only option in order to be honest in their dealings with people and for long term respect.
__________________
  #3006  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 AM
maidmarion's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: personal, Canada
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
From the above article:

Really? Mrs Middleton gave an interview to this rag? Really? And disclosed the gender of the unborn child into tthe bargain? REALLY?



These kinds of things are always bound to surface, true or untrue, gossip or not. I guess it's part and parcel of being in the limelight!! I would take it with a grain of salt. Mind you, I am no better by adding to the frenzy with my previous post!
__________________
  #3007  
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 150
Some of the royal reporters are like beginning to freak out...bc of a article saying maybe she's having it in Berkshire...lmao...should they have people there just in case...yes...but will and kate are probably going back and forth from Berkshire to London in front of all their noses...its quite amusing....I really don't think anyone is going to spot them going in...this plan to get her into the hospital has probably been carefully planned out for months now...there is probably like some underground way to get her in...and even when she is she might be in labour for days. Those reporters should just sit back and keep hydrated.

P.S. I think will and kate and the palace are probably laughing over the craziness of the media waiting for her to go into labour...
__________________
  #3008  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,637
When does that heat wave break in Britain? I recall visiting in August and there are photos of me in jeans and jeans jacket, and friends telling me it was hotter than usual there... It might not be in vogue to have sympathy for the paps, but I do hope they know what to do in this weather; rotate men at the ready, keep hydrated - no caffeine, etc, etc.

It will only be 89 degrees here in North Georgia, with storms at one point during the day. Lots of cloud to ground lightning, but no tornadoes in the forecast (I give this report in case the backup hospital is in Atlanta.....)
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #3009  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Poolbabe's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bray, Ireland
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
When does that heat wave break in Britain? I recall visiting in August and there are photos of me in jeans and jeans jacket, and friends telling me it was hotter than usual there... It might not be in vogue to have sympathy for the paps, but I do hope they know what to do in this weather; rotate men at the ready, keep hydrated - no caffeine, etc, etc.

It will only be 89 degrees here in North Georgia, with storms at one point during the day. Lots of cloud to ground lightning, but no tornadoes in the forecast (I give this report in case the backup hospital is in Atlanta.....)
There hasn't been an estimated time. Although they have said it's our longest heatwave since 2006!
__________________
  #3010  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 AM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
When does that heat wave break in Britain? I recall visiting in August and there are photos of me in jeans and jeans jacket, and friends telling me it was hotter than usual there... It might not be in vogue to have sympathy for the paps, but I do hope they know what to do in this weather; rotate men at the ready, keep hydrated - no caffeine, etc, etc.

It will only be 89 degrees here in North Georgia, with storms at one point during the day. Lots of cloud to ground lightning, but no tornadoes in the forecast (I give this report in case the backup hospital is in Atlanta.....)
Looks like we are having the same sort of weather Gracie! 92 and humid here today, but I'm not complaining, we (you and I) usually have seen much higher temps by this point in the summer. Although, we have had rain here for 21 of the last 23 days, and yes lots of storms in the afternoon. And that's the weather report if Columbia is the back up to the back up! And we all have AC here in the south.
__________________
  #3011  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:04 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
Some of the royal reporters are like beginning to freak out...bc of a article saying maybe she's having it in Berkshire...lmao...should they have people there just in case...yes...but will and kate are probably going back and forth from Berkshire to London in front of all their noses...its quite amusing....I really don't think anyone is going to spot them going in...this plan to get her into the hospital has probably been carefully planned out for months now...there is probably like some underground way to get her in...and even when she is she might be in labour for days. Those reporters should just sit back and keep hydrated.

P.S. I think will and kate and the palace are probably laughing over the craziness of the media waiting for her to go into labour...
I actually was surprised one or more had not rented a plane or something to buzz Bucklebury Manor and see if they could see anything. The pool is in not tucked into shrubs or anything. Of course, if they published photos they would be chastised - but I had thought they would try to do some aerial investigation in any case.
__________________
“For is there any practice less selfish, any labor less alienated, any time less wasted, than preparing something delicious and nourishing for people you love." Michael Pollan, Cooked
  #3012  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,736
So the wait continues. I guess the baby could be coming any day now.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #3013  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 AM
scooter's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
.. she won't be present at the birth; probably won't even visit in hospital.

You have to look for another reason
Why would she not visit at the hospital? Unlike any other great grand children she has, this one is The Heir(ess).
__________________
  #3014  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,736
Royal Baby-watch? There's ACTUALLY an app for that:
Royal Baby watch? iTunes app for updates on baby of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #3015  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 474
got me thinking now... wonder how many photogs have wives about to pop waiting at home and at this moment only want to be with them or you know, newly pregnant themselves waiting in the heat for something. anything. to happen.
__________________
  #3016  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,736
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 6m
Palace officials are insisting that Kate will be giving birth in the Lindo Wing, not in Berkshire.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #3017  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,774
I've got a feeling now that the baby is not due until next week. I also think that if that is the case, Catherine will return to London at the weekend to prepare to go into the London hospital, rather that wait things out in Berkshire.
__________________
J
  #3018  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Looks like we are having the same sort of weather Gracie! 92 and humid here today, but I'm not complaining, we (you and I) usually have seen much higher temps by this point in the summer. Although, we have had rain here for 21 of the last 23 days, and yes lots of storms in the afternoon. And that's the weather report if Columbia is the back up to the back up! And we all have AC here in the south.
Yes, even our schools have AC as they begin in mid-August here. I was just on the Weather Channel looking at the 10 day forecast for London - 84 for the next day or two, 78 on Saturday, back to 87 for early next week. But it goes down to mid-50's and low 60's at night, so they CAN sleep comfortably. I suppose that's hot if you are not used to it, but to us on the East Coast of the U.S. that's makes us giggle.

BTW, I think either tomorrow, Friday July 19th or Saturday, July 20th are the days to watch. Just a gut now.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #3019  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:11 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Why would she not visit at the hospital? Unlike any other great grand children she has, this one is The Heir(ess).
She almost NEVER visits anyone in hospital (Philip last month an exception), as her visit causes too much of a stir, with security, press. Too much uproar to the hospital and its other patients.

For the same reason, she does not go to many events, such as events for foreign royals, weddings of minor royals, etc. It's a sacrifice for her to know when she has to stay away.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #3020  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Poolbabe's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bray, Ireland
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
She almost NEVER visits anyone in hospital (Philip last month an exception), as her visit causes too much of a stir, with security, press. Too much uproar to the hospital and its other patients.

For the same reason, she does not go to many events, such as events for foreign royals, weddings of minor royals, etc. It's a sacrifice for her to know when she has to stay away.
When Catherine's Pregnancy was announced back in December. HM Did Actually visit Catherine in hospital!

ITN News » Royal Baby: The Queen and Middletons visit pregnant Kate

And here's a video also!https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...49478099,d.ZGU
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread Zonk The Princess Royal and Family 480 07-30-2011 08:59 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]