The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

The Canadian lore from QueenJen and Countessmeout is interesting! I remember that QV's father, the Duke of Kent (Edward) served as an army officer on Queen Charlotte Island. When I was a child, I lived in Seattle, and we often took the Princess ships to Vancouver, and from there visited the flower gardens in Victoria. I think one of the ships was Princess Patricia but strangely I have forgotten what the other ones were. I have not been anywhere in Canada except British Columbia, which was near to Seattle, but I saw Toronto from a distance near Niagara Falls when my son was in Cornell University. I love Canada. One of my step daughters has an organic farm in Eastern British Columbia, having married a Canadian.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Serene Highness

Some "insider" on the blog Miss Honoria Glossip said the baby is due on my birthday, which I already told you is at "zero degrees of Leo". I think inducing Catherine is a mistake. I have a young friend here who is being threatened with induction come Thursday, and she's praying the baby comes before then. And yes, HG can occur very early in pregnancy. Mine started a week after conception and put me in the hospital that early because I had never been nauseated by anything, so doctors wondered "what on earth?" I told them I was expecting. I was right.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
I personally hope it's a girl and they name her Charlotte. My home town, and my current residence, was named for Queen Charlotte, the consort of King George III. I will likely be long gone by the time she would reign, but how lovely it would be for our small city to be reminded of our roots when the new Queen Charlotte actually reigns. Just a nice thought.
My hometown is Queens. That kicks the butt out of your hometown any day of the week.

Too bad it's a boy. Kings gets the honor there.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Majesty

Video:
Kate Middleton "Will Be a Brilliant Mother," Say's Family Friend-
Kate Middleton Will Be a Brilliant Mother, Says Family Friend | E! Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I think Catherine was further along then Five Weeks back on December 3rd. I think she was around 8-10 weeks at that point, I think it was far enough for them to announce for them to announce her pregnancy. I think 5-7 weeks would have been to early and they would have not said anything.
Rather than estimating based on the 12/5/12, hospital admission for hyperemisis gravidarum when she could have been 5 or more or even less weeks along a more useful date is 1/14/13, when her due date of July was announced following her 12 week scan. If she was @ 12 weeks on 1/14, then she just finished week 38 today (assuming I counted weeks correctly.)
Much as I'm eager for the big event we may have as many as 3 wks to go, which explains William's polo last week (week 37) and Carole's famous alleged Leo remark (how about Leon for a name hehe.) Camilla's hope for an end of the week phone call could be because the doctor said any day now or the baby dropped.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I absolutely agree! The "interest" is way, way over the top. OK the child is important but really, I don't know why everyone is "counting the hours" if the Cambridge's are staying with her family and William is off playing polo I would think that it is not time to fuss..

I disagree that the coverage is over the top. We have to remember that there is far more media these days than when William as born in 1982. Back then we only had the daily newspapers and the three networks with the news at 6:30 each night, nothing extra. (I'm talking about in America) When William was born we heard about it on the evening news and not before. The internet and 24-hour news stations have changed everything. There is news all day long and all night so when this baby comes, we will hear about it instantly. With all the media we are seeing story after story that the media think they just have to do so they don't get behind all the other media. Personally, I think the amount of coverage is just about right in proportion to the amount of media available.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:51 AM
Courtier

I agree even back when William was born there were stories in the paper and all the magazines for weeks leading up to his birth. These days we have the internet and 24 hour news so it may seem more but I bet if this was around then it would be the same amount of interest. I remember when Diana left the hospital we had newsbreaks and their picture was everywhere. I did get a bit sick of that green dress in fact when I think of Wills birth I think of the green dress. LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 AM
Nobility

I want a girl but I'm almost certain it's a boy! I don't fully buy the old wives tale thing but I compared pictures of Letizia's baby bumps and Mary's when she's pregnant with Christian. Kate's bump shape is similar to Mary's so... there you go.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:11 AM
Serene Highness

Well I dont know what the shape or look of a baby bump has to do with whether its a boy or girl. All I know is can this baby please hurry up so I can quit checking the forums every hour? This is getting out of control and I might have to seek medical attention pretty soon! Help!! :)
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 AM
Courtier

I know the feeling. I check here first thing every morning and just about every hour after that. I hope she is here soon (cause I've always thought it was a girl.) Some people think they can tell the sex by looking at the bump which is funny cause the ladies I had coffee with yesterday both said she looked like she was carrying a girl and they both have had kids. LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Well I dont know what the shape or look of a baby bump has to do with whether its a boy or girl. All I know is can this baby please hurry up so I can quit checking the forums every hour? This is getting out of control and I might have to seek medical attention pretty soon! Help!! :)

Same with me!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH H!
How much EXTRA time do you need? I am dying !!!
Grrrmpppffff

BYe Bine
Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 AM
Majesty

Think about it - once this child arrives it won't have any real privacy again - every major event in its life will be shared with the public - do you blame it for wanting to have a few more days of total privacy???
Old 07-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Think about it - once this child arrives it won't have any real privacy again - every major event in its life will be shared with the public - do you blame it for wanting to have a few more days of total privacy???

Hihi, good comment , you may be right !
The last days of silence, until the big thunderstorm starts ....
Bye Bine
Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Courtier

Royalty.nu - Christiane Amanpour interviews Queen Elizabeth's cousin Margaret Rhodes - video

The Queen's cousin Margaret, talks about royal baby.

Hopefully on 22 July, new Princess will be here.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://royalnewsblog.com/2013/07/cnn...kate-plus-one/

Here’s preview of the CNN special "William and Kate Plus One,” on CNN International on Saturday, July 20th at 9:00pm CET and replays on Sunday, July 21st at 12:00pm CET.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
I want a girl but I'm almost certain it's a boy! I don't fully buy the old wives tale thing but I compared pictures of Letizia's baby bumps and Mary's when she's pregnant with Christian. Kate's bump shape is similar to Mary's so... there you go.
i also think (and hope) it will be a boy. and prince christian need a boy so he didnt have to handle all these royal girls all by himself
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Gentry

Live feed from hosiptal!

The Sun's Royal Baby live blog | The Sun |News|Royals|Royal Baby

Dear Royal baby watcher friends, Here is a link to a live feed outside the Lindo Wing of the hospital. Cheers and happy watching..MM
Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

Team Rhodes on this one :

Royal baby: Queen's cousin admits she's not excited about the imminent arrival | Mail Online
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Majesty

Well, people do like to play down their interest in the royal baby and even royal events.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
William is still off -- not yet returning to his N Wales search and rescue job--and is with Kate at her parent's Berkshire home #RoyalBaby

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Courtier

I heard Berkshire Hospital is on stand-by. Possibly, she may never make it to St Mary's if she is saying with her parents?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I heard Berkshire Hospital is on stand-by. Possibly, she may never make it to St Mary's if she is saying with her parents?
Babies do take their time to arrive, usually a lot more than the c40 minutes it may take to get from Berkshire to St Mary's, so I suspect she will make it to her preferred hospital.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge