The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
actually, its easier not to know. Cant answer journalists questions, cant screw up all the betting that goes on. Cant let slip to a family member or friend who accidently lets it slip to said journos. Or tells someone else in confidence.

Paint the room pale green ( lemon reminds me of Rosemarys Baby) and await events.
Or they could paint the room with pink and blue stripes and drive the papers nuts.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I thought someone else had said it was a girl but I can't remember who.
Probably the Daily Mail.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Regarding the gender issue:

Reports are that William and Kate don't know the gender - maybe or maybe they are lying.

Harry and Eugenie have both reportedly said it is a 'boy'

Uncle Gary has not reportedly said it is a 'girl'.

So we know - it is a boy or a girl. It wil be born sometime. The parents will call it whatever they like.
This could be a summation of the CNN blurb everyone waits for the entire news hour.

I have said it's a boy. You can take that to the bank.

My mother has told me knowingly that they will induce Kate is she does not go by the end of the week. I cannot tell you the source but I suspect it is the rag she reads daily, despite my constant efforts to get her to stop and pick up something else, but I suppose I am veering way off topic....
Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
This could be a summation of the CNN blurb everyone waits for the entire news hour.

I have said it's a boy. You can take that to the bank.

My mother has told me knowingly that they will induce Kate is she does not go by the end of the week. I cannot tell you the source but I suspect it is the rag she reads daily, despite my constant efforts to get her to stop and pick up something else, but I suppose I am veering way off topic....
how do you induce a giraffe.

on second thoughts ................................. leave it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

British royals, royal watchers await new arrival

British royals, royal watchers await new arrival - The Irish Times - Tue, Jul 16, 2013

"Royal babies: Five things you didn't know"

Royal babies: Five things you didn't know - CNN.com
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
While George was unable (or unwilling) to help Nicholas, he did consider the emperor a friend. At the time it was believed that the presence of the Imperial Family would endanger the Royal Family, as "the ex-Emperor and Empress would be strongly resented by the public, and would undoubtedly compromise the position of the King and Queen...." (Letter from Stamfordham to Balfour dated April 6). When George heard of the death he wrote (I believe in his diary) "I was devote to Nicky, who was the kindest of men, a thorough gentleman: loved his country and people." Earlier in the passage he refers to Nicholas as "Dear Nicky."
Isn't it odd how it's been decided Nicholas is out of the question, given the bad luck of Dear Nicky and all that, but no more bets are being taken for Alexandra (dear Alicky). From what I've read, she was just as unlucky....

I suppose Gregory (Grigori) is out of the question....
Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvoynik_nikolay View Post
Early toxicosis usually occurs in the fifth week of pregnancy.
I also looked this up. It can occur earlier. In fact it can occur before your doctor will give you your first appointment or you know you are pregnant!

I went back and looked at William's appearances in October. Without getting too personal, William had to be there for conception and we think he runs on a 4 day on, 4 day off schedule. His days off appear to have been:
  • Oct 8-11
  • Oct 16-19
  • Oct 24-27
  • Nov 1-4
From those times you can run out whatever gestational period you like to determine possible due dates. Personal message me if you want me to run a string of dates from a gestational time (38-41 weeks) and a date of conception (you pick) This is relatively easy to do in Excel.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I also looked this up. It can occur earlier. In fact it can occur before your doctor will give you your first appointment or you know you are pregnant!

I went back and looked at William's appearances in October. Without getting too personal, William had to be there for conception and we think he runs on a 4 day on, 4 day off schedule. His days off appear to have been:
  • Oct 8-11
  • Oct 16-19
  • Oct 24-27
  • Nov 1-4
From those times you can run out whatever gestational period you like to determine possible due dates. Personal message me if you want me to run a string of dates from a gestational time (38-41 weeks) and a date of conception (you pick) This is relatively easy to do in Excel.
Way, way too much information

Old 07-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

Isn't it odd how it's been decided Nicholas is out of the question, given the bad luck of Dear Nicky and all that, but no more bets are being taken for Alexandra (dear Alicky). From what I've read, she was just as unlucky....

I suppose Gregory (Grigori) is out of the question....
I think it's because Alexandra has been seen in the BRF elsewhere, while Nicholas hasn't (really).

I'm totally voting for Prince Greg now, though!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Way, way too much information
Yeah, I know , but some members are thinking about it, though they struggle with the math. I tried to dance around it as best I could.

Plus if BC would just get here - I would not be sitting around dreaming this stuff up.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

William works a 24 hr shift then is on call for the next shift so baby c could be named Anglesey if they follow the posh and becks first born naming plan.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Or Valley. HRH Prince/ss Valley of Cambridge.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Courtier

It is now July 17th in the U.K. Quite a few peoples predicted that Baby Cambridge would be born on the 17th including Bookers and Betters. I guess we will have to wait and see!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
William works a 24 hr shift then is on call for the next shift so baby c could be named Anglesey if they follow the posh and becks first born naming plan.
No, no. This is a royal baby. One day it'll be HRH The Duke (or Duchess) of [Place of Conception].
Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Courtier

LOL Princess Valley how cute if it's a boy it could be Helicopter as William and Kate both seem to like them. Do we know what last name they will use? Will it be Cambridge? I still like Princess Charlotte and Prince George.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The baby doesn't really have a last name. Say it is a boy named George. He is HRH Prince George of Cambridge when born. When the queen dies and Charles becomes King, he becomes Hrh Prince George of Cornwall (and Cambridge ) When William is named Prince of Wales, Hrh Prince George of Wales. When William becomes King, The Prince George, Duke of Cornwall.

A girl would follow the same path except she doesn't inherit the Duke of Corwall title - It just The Hrh Princess Name when William is king.

The baby would most likely used its place name when a last name is needed William and Harry use Wales as their last name in the military and Wills graduated as William Wales from St Andrews.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
LOL Princess Valley how cute if it's a boy it could be Helicopter as William and Kate both seem to like them. Do we know what last name they will use? Will it be Cambridge? I still like Princess Charlotte and Prince George.
It was announced last week, and a number of articles, that they would be Prince/Princess of Cambridge. Wrongly announced at one point, the first of Cambridge, considering Queen Mary's mother's family.

But didn't really need to be announced. It is traditional, like Prince Harry of Wales or Princess Beatrice of York. Victoria's grandchildren by her younger sons were the same, like Princess Patricia of Connaught.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
In so far as any male-line descendant of Elizabeth II and the DoE had a surname, Baby C's will be Mountbatten-Windsor.

Royals however don't typically use surnames, and when they do it's the place of wherever they are "of" - so, Charles and Harry's surname is Wales, Camilla's is Cornwall, Andrew and his daughter have York, Edward and Sophie have Wessex, and William, Catherine, and Baby C are Cambridge (although, I believe William still also uses Wales for work).
Old 07-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Aristocracy

I personally hope it's a girl and they name her Charlotte. My home town, and my current residence, was named for Queen Charlotte, the consort of King George III. I will likely be long gone by the time she would reign, but how lovely it would be for our small city to be reminded of our roots when the new Queen Charlotte actually reigns. Just a nice thought.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I live in Alberta. My city has a link to Princess Patricia, due to our infantry based here. And there is the Royal Alexandra, named for Queen Alexandra. But our province is named for Queen Vic's daughter Louise Caroline Alberta, whose husband the Marquess of Lorne, was Governor Generral of Canada. They had planned to call it Louise, but she wanted to honor her father. There is also Lake Louise, named for her.

Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge