The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

Btw, can you imagine if this baby is born on July 21. TRF would probably collapse under all that thread hopping. LOL

Old 07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Ok my bet is still on the 23rd. Just a feeling lol.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

I hope it's born on the same day as my nephew which is thursday!!! :)
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Majesty

Today Video:
Duchess Camilla hopes baby arrives by ‘end of week’
Duchess Camilla hopes baby arrives by

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I just saw some pictures of David Cameron and his little girl outside number 10 on the Daily Mail's website. The little girls face was blurred out. You know they are never going to do that for baby c.
If celebrity children's faces are blurred out, it's because their famous parent/s have taken steps to prevent their faces from being printed in any publication in order to let them grow up as normal as possible without being exposed in the tabloids just because they're children of someone famous (don't know if some special rule apply for the PM's children though). That would never work with Baby Cambridge because obviously he/she will be 'shown off' (through pictures and at official occasions) to the public (and rightfully so) because he/she is the future monarch.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Today Video:
Duchess Camilla hopes baby arrives by ‘end of week’
Duchess Camilla hopes baby arrives by
Oh no, she didn't!
Is it possible that she spilled the sex too? It seems to me that it took her too long to add "or she" after "he".
Old 07-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotroman View Post

Oh no, she didn't!
Is it possible that she spilled the sex too? It seems to me that it took her too long to add "or she" after "he".
Will and Catherine don't even know the Gender of the Baby themselves so how in the world would Camilla know?
Old 07-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotroman View Post

Oh no, she didn't!
Oh no she didn't why? The fact that the baby's due soon is hardly a secret and Camilla didn't let anything important out
Old 07-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Commoner

I think Kate will give birth to the heir to-night of the 17th. On this night in Yekaterinburg in 1918 Tsar Nicholas II and His Family was shot. Britain wanted to gloss over the negative role in the tragic events in Russia in 1917-1918.

And the baby will be called Nicky.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvoynik_nikolay View Post
I think Kate will give birth to the heir to-night of the 17th. On this night in Yekaterinburg in 1918 Tsar Nicholas II and His Family was shot. Britain wanted to gloss over the negative role in the tragic events in Russia in 1917-1918.

Boy wouldn't that be something... That enough to mane George V too roll over in his grave.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Boy wouldn't that be something... That enough to mane George V too roll over in his grave.
Sorry for my bad english.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Sorry for my bad english.
Huh? I didn't say anything about your english, I read it just fine.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Well, the 17th of July is the day on which the House of Windsor was stablished, by King George V, in 1917.

I think it's a good date for Baby Cambridge's birth.

And, if it's a boy, that's another good reason to call him George.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

Well, the 17th of July is the day on which the House of Windsor was stablished, by King George V, in 1917.

Good point, I forgot that British Royal house was changed to Windsor on July 17th so actually that is a positive day for the Britidh Royal Family and would be a good Birthday.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

And even more better reason to call him George Albert Nicholas.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
While I think it's highly unlikely that they're going to name a boy Nicholas (Nicky), I don't see how it would make George V roll over in his grave? Though he didn't help Nicholas II and his family away from Russia (fearing that offering asylum to his Russian family would provoke an uprising), I do believe that he still loved his cousin very dearly and he did send HMS Marlborough to get his aunt and remaining family out of Crimea after Nicky, Alix and the children were killed.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
George Albert Nicholas.
Don't wish anyone such a cruel fate as our last imperator's. Nicholas is a good name,though.

Quote:
I do believe that he still loved his cousin very dearly
I doubt it. Nicholas was a weak monarch, no one of his relatives would have wanted to help him. He would have brought only troubles.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
I doubt it. Nicholas was a weak monarch, no one of his relatives would have wanted to help him. He would have brought only troubles.
Just because he was a weak monarch doesn't mean that his family didn't love him. Nicholas was a warm person and a great father, but a terrible monarch. As I noted in my post, George feared the consequences of offering asylum to his Russian cousin, but that doesn't mean that he, as a family member - not a King, didn't want to have save Nicky. Again, the chances of Baby Cambridge being named Nicholas are basically non-existing, but the assumption that a name like Nicholas would make George V turn in his grave, as if he didn't like Nicholas II, is odd to me.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Will and Catherine don't even know the Gender of the Baby themselves so how in the world would Camilla know?
I am not buying that story. Even if the parents themselves somehow and for some reason do not know the sex, senior royals and the Prime Minister surely do. I cannot be the only one who suspects that the we-do-not-know story is too convenient to be accurate. This child's mere sex is of political importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
The fact that the baby's due soon is hardly a secret and Camilla didn't let anything important out
It depends. The most precise officially released date was July 2013. There are still 15 days left in July and she basically narrowed it down to the next five - and I don't mind that she did.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
No, Nicholas II was a very powerful emperor. He brutally suppressed the revolution in 1905. In 1914 he rejected Germany's ultimatum.

Nicholas II was betrayed.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge