The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Mid July is the 10th-21st (some consider the 15th-21st mid July). I Think Doctors told Catherine her estimated Due Date (which for all we know could have been the 10th and that could mean she would be 41 weeks Tomorrow) but they (The Duchess and Buckingham Palace) decided to tell the media that it was Mid July instead which I can understand.

I can't see Catherine going 42 weeks and over. If Camilla said by the end of this week then she is probably right as she would know.more and what going in.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Johanna View Post
July 17th- HRH Princess Victoria of Cambridge

That is my guess!
I love the name Victoria but I don't think it would be a wise choice. There is already a Crown Princess Victoria who will be Queen of Sweden at some point in the future. Prince Charles is only a few years younger than King Carl Gustaf of Sweden and there is a possibility that William and Victoria could reign at the same time. If Victoria outlives William, then there could be two Queen Victoria's on the throne at the same time. The possibilities are slight, but still plausible. Has there ever been two monarchs with the same name on the throne at the same time?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Courtier

The baby can choose any of it's middle names to reign under so she could be called Victoria and if she has Elizabeth or Alexander as a middle name she could use one of those. Besides does it really matter if there are two Queens of the same name it isn't like people are going to get them mixed up.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
The baby can choose any of it's middle names to reign under so she could be called Victoria and if she has Elizabeth or Alexander as a middle name she could use one of those. Besides does it really matter if there are two Queens of the same name it isn't like people are going to get them mixed up.
You are Right and Crown Princess Victoria is 36. Baby Cambridge probably won't be on the throne until he is in his 40's or 50's which by then Crown Princess will be in her 70s or 80s so it doesn't matter. And actually the British Royal Family more famous some people's then may not know there is a Queen Victoria in Sweden. At most it will be less then 10 years if they are monarchs at the same time, Baby Cambridge will more likely reign at the same time tat when Estelle is the Queen of Sweden.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I love the name Victoria but I don't think it would be a wise choice. There is already a Crown Princess Victoria who will be Queen of Sweden at some point in the future. Prince Charles is only a few years younger than King Carl Gustaf of Sweden and there is a possibility that William and Victoria could reign at the same time. If Victoria outlives William, then there could be two Queen Victoria's on the throne at the same time. The possibilities are slight, but still plausible. Has there ever been two monarchs with the same name on the throne at the same time?
Why would we in the UK care what the name of a continental monarch is. If you go to your local pub and conduct a poll most could not tell you who the current continental monarchs are, let alone their heirs or their heirs heirs. Having 2 reigning monarchs with the same name would not be unsual, in fact the situation currently exists. Albert II of Belgium and of Monaco. We also had George VI of UK and George II of The Hellenes until 1947. If there is a Victoria of Cambridge she would become Victoria II and be much more famous than her distant relative Queen Victoria of Sweden who would be Victoria 1st if she used a regnal number at all. I doubt anyone would have a problem telling the difference between the future Queen of Sweden who would be 36 yrs older than the future Queen of UK. It is also likely that baby Cambridge would not even come to the throne for 50+ years by which time her Swedish counterpart would be in her late 80s.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Nobility

Maybe grandma Middleton was correct about the baby being born under the Leo sign
We shall wait and see
Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Maybe grandma Middleton was correct about the baby being born under the Leo sign
We shall wait and see
I was wondering Where did Carole ever say it was Leo? It was one of her friends who said that Carole allegedly said Leo which I thought came from the Mailonline the same peoples who made up the July 13th date which wAs never confirmed by anyone.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think it really matters what royals on the continent named their children, or are already named, in regards to what William and Catherine will name their child. If they have a daughter and want to name her Victoria, the fact the future queen of Sweden has that name won't matter to them one whit, nor should it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Why would we in the UK care what the name of a continental monarch is. If you go to your local pub and conduct a poll most could not tell you who the current continental monarchs are, let alone their heirs or their heirs heirs. Having 2 reigning monarchs with the same name would not be unsual, in fact the situation currently exists. Albert II of Belgium and of Monaco. We also had George VI of UK and George II of The Hellenes until 1947. If there is a Victoria of Cambridge she would become Victoria II and be much more famous than her distant relative Queen Victoria of Sweden who would be Victoria 1st if she used a regnal number at all. I doubt anyone would have a problem telling the difference between the future Queen of Sweden who would be 36 yrs older than the future Queen of UK. It is also likely that baby Cambridge would not even come to the throne for 50+ years by which time her Swedish counterpart would be in her late 80s.
Speaking of polls in the local pub, at our local pub during trivia night teams were asked to give the surname of the BRF. Only a hand full of people knew. I wonder how many people in that UK pub could answer questions about the BRF, let alone the SRF.

As for confusing Baby Cambridge with any of the future queens in Europe, little chance of that. I am convinced it's a boy.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Kate's uncle Garry believes it is a Girl. If only I had 1,000 /$ to place a bet on a baby Girl, I know I would double-my money ---- guaranteed! But alas I don't. All the bets are being placed on a Girl; coming from serious high-stake gamblers. I wonder if they have all been tipped off, that a Girl is coming!

I have no idea what they will call the new Princess!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Given Gary's history with talking to the press do you really think anyone would trust him with the news. If William & Catherine do not know the gender of their child how would anyone else in the family know.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
All the bets are being placed on a Girl; coming from serious high-stake gamblers. I wonder if they have all been tipped off, that a Girl is coming!
I am also sure that it's a girl. I don't know if Catherine and William are already aware of the baby's gender, but the possible names are most likely already chosen.
I strongly believe that one of middle names of their daughter will be Elizabeth if not a first.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
I know that with Diana, Princess of Wales, everyone was interested in when William would be born. If it is true, they don't much care with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, then I am surprised; because William has always been very popular with the public, being Diana's son, and Kate has done nothing to warrant any disapproval from the public. I do think the interest will spark-up once the baby is here. For those not interested, fair enough.
I loved Diana and followed her every move because I found her charming, beautiful, and she was part of "my time". I remember exactly what I was doing when William's birth was announced.

I have little or no interest in William/Kate, as I don't find either of them charismatic or interesting. That said, I do hope that they have a healthy child and I've no doubt they will be great parents. I find the media obsession with this particular birth excessive to the point of being ridiculous. I agree with what Duke of Marmalade posted....poor Kate!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
There actually are at the moment: both Albert II. - the King of the Belgians and The Prince of Monaco, both souverains.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

By this time I hope for the 23rd. That is my birthday, and the answer to your question is that Leo starts on the 23rd. I was born at 0 degrees of Leo, on the cusp as the astrolagers call it. We cuspers are supposed to be able to look at both sides of an issue. That would make for an interesting and perhaps complex sovereign.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

If Victoria gets ruled out as a name because another Queen will have the same name then Elizabeth and Alexandra are ruled out as well then as there will also be an Elizabeth in Belgium and an Alexandra in Norway (Ingrid Alexandra anyway)
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

Didn't QVictoria said it was her wish that there wouldn't be another Queen Victoria? I remember that's why Queen Mary opted to use her second name, instead of her first name "Victoria".
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
I just hope the baby is not born on the 21st.

Too much royal stuff happening together at once is no fun. The Belgian abdication is far more interesting.
For me as well. I am very interested in how Philippe and Mathilde will walk this particular tightrope.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Didn't QVictoria said it was her wish that there wouldn't be another Queen Victoria? I remember that's why Queen Mary opted to use her second name, instead of her first name "Victoria".
Victoria wanted all of her female descendants to be named after her.

Mary went by her second name because that was what she had gone by most of her life - prior to becoming Queen she had been known as May.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

I just saw some pictures of David Cameron and his little girl outside number 10 on the Daily Mail's website. The little girls face was blurred out. You know they are never going to do that for baby c.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge