Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The letter d could have been a nickname for the baby. Other female names starting with D are Danielle or Daniella, Diedra or Dee as a nickname. There aren't a lot of names with the letter D for royals. I was really hard pressed to think of any royal or non-royal. Doubt if any of these names would be used if the baby is a girl.

Yes, David, from the Scottish Kings, but I don't think the baby will be called David, as the British Royal Family has been using English names as first names (I think Princess Margaret was an exception because she was born in Scotland), and "David" has a connection with Edward VIII.

"Edward" has a connection to Edward VIII, yet HM named her youngest son that. David also associated with Wales (from the Princes of Wales), and William is associated with Wales.

The name David goes back to King David of Judah, in what is called Israel today. The royals are said to believe they are descended from him. Maybe this creative young couple, William and Catherine, will have the nerve to finally produce a King David. However, there is the feminine form, Davina, already used by one of the Gloucester girls and one of my husband's great-nieces. I think Lady Davina Windsor would have been David if she had been born male; the parents were probably tired of debating and just picked out a name which could be male or female. Like my friends picked out Daniel or Danielle, no more worries about which gender their baby would be. And also, picking a name this way make people take note that it does not matter which sex the baby is. I think it is possible that Kate and William are referring to their baby by a nickname, beginning with a D, which could be either male or female. When I was expecting, I was so sick of thinking about the "name" that I called the baby Charlie, and it was to be Charlie or Charlotte.

Last edited:
"Edward" has a connection to Edward VIII, yet HM named her youngest son that. David also associated with Wales (from the Princes of Wales), and William is associated with Wales.

I believe that 'David' is one of Henry's names; he's Henry Charles Albert David, so perhaps the Cambridges will indeed put that name somewhere if their child is indeed a male.

Yes, but there wasn't (and there isn't) any prospect of the Earl of Wessex becoming King Edward IX.

The Cambridge baby is a future Monarch, George is a much more "safe" choice of name. Prince Charles will, probably, be George VII, after his grandfather. This baby will be able to be George VIII, after his own grandfather.

Regardless the "our d..." thing, and just according to my calculation based on chinese calendar, it's a girl! :)
Kate and William's baby was conceived somewhere in August or September or October while Kate was 30, so it's for sure a girl ;-)

My cousin Jeff and his wife Kim had their fifth child today, a girl; named Jocelyn. She weighs 7 lbs. 6 oz. and joins brothers Jacob, Simon and Victor and sister Melanie. I didn't know what this one was going to be, but I had a dream a few nights ago that it was a girl. We SERIOUSLY need more girls in my family, it's been mostly boys up until now. I hope Will and Kate's baby is a girl!

I think it's one the main reasons why people are going crazy over this this story. It seems like members of the media and some royal watchers really want this baby to be a girl. I think the change in the succession law is also driving this.

It's going to be beautiful to celebrate the birth of a baby boy or girl.

I really wish people wouldn't put so much emphasis on gender!
What does it really matter?

IMO, the best anyone can hope for is a healthy baby; it almost seems ungrateful to specify this sex or that! (JMO, not meant to offend anyone.)

The Media is just trying to drum up stories where there are none. Who cares what the sex of the baby is...they will imagine things or print things just to get people to buy newspapers or click on links. If we all stop doing that... we can just get one with appreciating what is really happening.

.. I'm for Douglas - such a nice Scottish name - if it's a girl, it would be Douglasia:D

I bet they probably do know the gender but statements released have said "they do not know". We wont know if they know or not, but I think they likely do know. Most couples do want to know the gender to plan things, but I don't see why anyone would want to find out as it's such a lovely surprise. I remember Edward's smile of pride when talking to the press when James was born and saying it was a boy. He looked chuffed to pieces and he said they did not find out the gender so he looked genuinely happy and chuffed that he had one of each. I feel William will be chuffed either way of the gender, but I am sure like most parents they would one of each gender. If you get a boy a girl most people are happy.

If I were in their shoes, I'd wish for a boy first, because it is still IMHO easier for a male heir to find the right One for a good family and loving marriage. I believe they both know into what kind of life their child will be born and so might wish for a son.

The mom is so busy with the task at hand, she is not looking down. It's the dad, who's just a bystander, who sees the baby emerge and describes it, all of it, as she is catching her breath and trying to regroup her thoughts. It's not at all sexist - the gender is the last thing on her mind at the exact moment of birth.

Getting back to the baby at hand, I still think they should name a girl

Dale Lee May Elle.

Clever. Very clever :)

I saw those two video and I didn't hear anything that remotely sounds like "I'll take this for anything"
That lady was exaggerating in my opinion

I agree. I didn't hear anything that has been quoted [or misquoted]. But having said that I still say she is having a girl m:)

If I were in their shoes, I'd wish for a boy first, because it is still IMHO easier for a male heir to find the right One for a good family and loving marriage. I believe they both know into what kind of life their child will be born and so might wish for a son.

Huh ????? Rather old-fashioned thinking !!!!????

So the baby is due in July. We know Diana's birthday was in July but isn't Camillas July also ? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a shame (Kate's surprise was spoilt. But that's what happens when you choose to know beforehand what the baby is (which is a girl ---- from Kate's own mouth). The secret was bound to come out sooner or later as she already knew what it was, despite trying to back-peddle and deny it. Now we all know it's a girl; like opening a parcel and already knowing what's inside. Before Buckingham Palace post the Official Notice, we now all know already what's written on it. We don't even need to read it.

Diana never got caught out with her 2 pregnancies and kept the secrets well hidden until the births.

We don't know anything from Kate's own mouth, because she didn't say anything. I'm not even convinced she said anything that would have started with a "d". I've watched the video a few times, and I just don't hear it, though I do hear "we don't know".

It's a shame (Kate's surprise was spoilt. But that's what happens when you choose to know beforehand what the baby is (which is a girl ---- from Kate's own mouth).

I watched the video and I wouldn't go as far as calling it "from Kate's own mouth". All I could hear was that nosy lady asking "did you say my daughter?". I couldn't even hear Catherine say that supposed 'd', this is being made a much bigger deal than it is. Catherine's also too smart to make such a major freudian slip.

Well, royal sources did insist that the royal couple don't know.
We need to wait for the upcoming engagement on the 17th for the latest reactions from the couple. I guess there will be lots of pink stuff waiting for them from the public.

In the video, she did say she didn't know, so that consistent

Royal sources could say the baby is an alien, doesn't mean it's true.

Royal sources could have said William was raging and Kate was disappointed (like what they always reportedly say whenever something happen):whistling:

Seems like the reporters themselves are not entirely sure too:lol:

Last edited:
I'm not going to pay attention to what the media is saying. I'll just wait for BP to announce. Whatever it is, I hope he/she is healthy.

The media is going off what Catherine almost let out here, I don't see how they're to blame. Knowing the sex of this kid is a massive deal. Not that we're ever going to know but I would be 100% surprised if they didn't know what it was.

It seems to me that Ms. Sandra Cook has made herself one of the most famous women in the world today by alleging something nobody else heard. And we all believe she heard it because we want to believe it. If the baby is in fact a girl, and it's 50% likely it is, she will be a footnote in every biography of this future Queen for being the first person to hear the news of her gender.

Call me a cynic, but I think she's either a very clever woman, harmlessly clever, but clever, or in her over excitement of the moment, heard something she did not in fact hear. Again, it's a harmless rumor, IMO, and takes us away from our daily stresses and worries on some fun speculation.

If Will and Kate don't want to share the news until the birth, under their circumstances the most logical thing would be NOT to find out, not that expectant parents eager to hear always act logically.

Even if Will and Kate don't know, the techs doing her scans DO know at this point. What a secret to keep! :eek:

So the baby is due in July. We know Diana's birthday was in July but isn't Camillas July also ? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes! I believe Camilla is July 17, and by my speculative calculations, I always thought that the baby is due in mid July rather than early July, given the timing of the onset of the morning sickness and the official announcement in mid-January.

So it's entirely possible.

Molly2101 said:
I bet they probably do know the gender but statements released have said "they do not know". We wont know if they know or not, but I think they likely do know.....

If there are official statements that say that William and Kate do not know the gender of the child, then I would tend to believe that. Why? Well, because it pays to tell the truth in official statements - because if you tell the truth, then you never have to remember what you said.

Take for example the speculation on 'twins' that was rampant for awhile. The twins speculation died down when an official statement announced, in part:
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.

However "Royal Sources" can be somewhat sketchy and can be believable or not (depends on the source).

So in my mind, there is an absolute difference between "official statements" and "royal sources".

Last edited:
So in my mind, there is an absolute difference between "official statements" and "royal sources".

I would think Molly would agree with you. However Catherine said after the "d" incident that she didn't know. So she's either lying to keep it a secret or she genuinely doesn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom