The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Aristocracy

It could be said the same about the opposite side. There is a reason why I don't visit the British forums all that much and I am a Diana fan. I don't like the idea that people who like and admire Diana are treated like they are crazy and delusional. I don't hate Charles and Camilla, I just think everyone on both sides handled things incorrectly. Also it has been over 10 years since everything happened we need to get past it.

I am not sure how I feel if the kid called Camilla grandma. It just don't seem right to me. Then again it isn't really any of my or anyone else's business. I get the funny feeling that maybe the kid will be born on the 29th , that would be an interesting date.

I just hope I am up and able to stay up on the forums when it happens.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla has her own grandchildren and even though I am sure she will be very kind to William's baby it is nothing to her by blood. This child's grandparents are Charles and Diana and William and Harry of course will be painfully aware of their mum's absence even more so when their own children are born. It's not a matter of "moving on" for them in the sense thst some people here would appear to want it to be and William giving Kate his mother's engagement ring showed this. I have no doubt that both boys will continue to honour there mother's memory in every possible way for the rest of their lives.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Camilla has her own grandchildren and even though I am sure she will be very kind to William's baby it is nothing to her by blood.
She will, I think, be delighted for Charles, but they must both be a little bit sad that they will never share any grandchildren.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

I liked Diana but I am aware of her failings as it were. I am not a fan of Camilla and Charles due to the situation...but I don't hate them or wish them ill.

It's good that William and Harry were able to be happy for their father and that it is not a strained relationship..and I really don't think Charles would of married Camilla if the boys had objected. He is a good father.

I am sure William will be sad that his mother won't be there. Very bittersweet for him.

LaRae
Old 07-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Majesty

Let's not bring the whole Camilla & Diana situation again. It's wrong to try to build one person up by tearing another down.

This forum is about baby Cambridge who will be loved by the whole family.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Camilla has her own grandchildren and even though I am sure she will be very kind to William's baby it is nothing to her by blood. This child's grandparents are Charles and Diana and William and Harry of course will be painfully aware of their mum's absence even more so when their own children are born. It's not a matter of "moving on" for them in the sense thst some people here would appear to want it to be and William giving Kate his mother's engagement ring showed this. I have no doubt that both boys will continue to honour there mother's memory in every possible way for the rest of their lives.

Just because it is nothing to her by blood, doesn't mean the baby is nothing to Camilla. It is the grandchild of the man she has been in love wit for decades, married to for a decade.

Of course Will would wish his mother was there. But eventually people, even children, do move on. Not in the sense they forget her, but they don't have mommy haunting their every move either. Its okay to go on with life, marry and have kids, and be happy without constantly looking to the past.

Why would it dishonor their mother for Camilla to be a part? It doesn't take away from Diana in any way. They have accepted her for years as their father's wife, and made her a part of the family. Why would it be any different with the baby? Children can use all the love they can get.

I know from experience, blood means little to nothing, especially to kids. My Grandma is my Grandma, and if I hadn't noticed my mother called her by her name and not Mom, as she still called her father Dad, I would never have known till older. My mother's mother died when she was a child, and her father remarried ten years later. They were married for 30 years, until he died, and never had kids together. He had six with my bio grandmother and she had three from her first husband. To this day, even with five grandkids and three great-grandkids of her own blood, she doesn't treat any of my grandfather's 11 grandkids and soon to be 14 great grandchildren any different then her own.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...

Old 07-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post

I am not sure how I feel if the kid called Camilla grandma. It just don't seem right to me.
See, people tend to forget that the baby will come into this world not knowing any of the hoopla that went on between his/her paternal grandparents by blood, and Camila, so in reality, if nothing was ever said, the child could easily say 'grandma' when thinking of Camila, because she'll be the the closest thing to that on his/hers father's side. We're the ones who bring our own baggage into the lives of our children, and hence, issues arise. I think that if this child feels like calling Camila 'grandma', it should be allowed. William, Harry, and Charles can still tell him/her about 'grandma Diana', and what a wonderful person she was. The fact is, that the child will be allowed to express feelings without feeling like he/she is betraying someone he/she has never met.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

Countsmeout, that's great that you have a loving relationship among step-siblings and step grandparents in your family. Love is a great idea whose time has come! Camilla and Charles were unwise in earlier days, but she did say she was sorry, in public (and so did he) at the blessing of their marriage in church, after the civil ceremony. I watched that on TV and that's what I heard. You could always say it was lie...but in my opinion, intelligent sensitive people learn as they go on in life. It's just a shame that Diana, too, didn't get to "go on", remarry, live her life.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Nobility

I apologize...maniac was a poor choice of words on my part.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Diana died, that was tragic. She never got to marry Dodi or someone else. I doubt at her age she'd have had more kids. But life goes on, and must go on, for those who are alive. There were three people at fault in that situation, not two. If Will and Harry can be happy for their dad and Camilla, I think that is all that should matter.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Diana died, that was tragic. She never got to marry Dodi or someone else. I doubt at her age she'd have had more kids.
Why not? She was only 36 when she died.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Just because it is nothing to her by blood, doesn't mean the baby is nothing to Camilla. It is the grandchild of the man she has been in love wit for decades, married to for a decade.

Of course Will would wish his mother was there. But eventually people, even children, do move on. Not in the sense they forget her, but they don't have mommy haunting their every move either. Its okay to go on with life, marry and have kids, and be happy without constantly looking to the past.

Why would it dishonor their mother for Camilla to be a part? It doesn't take away from Diana in any way. They have accepted her for years as their father's wife, and made her a part of the family. Why would it be any different with the baby? Children can use all the love they can get.

I know from experience, blood means little to nothing, especially to kids. My Grandma is my Grandma, and if I hadn't noticed my mother called her by her name and not Mom, as she still called her father Dad, I would never have known till older. My mother's mother died when she was a child, and her father remarried ten years later. They were married for 30 years, until he died, and never had kids together. He had six with my bio grandmother and she had three from her first husband. To this day, even with five grandkids and three great-grandkids of her own blood, she doesn't treat any of my grandfather's 11 grandkids and soon to be 14 great grandchildren any different then her own.
My mom's oldest brother got married when he was 22 to a 19-year-old woman who had a 2-year-old daughter from a previous relationship. He adopted her daughter, and didn't think of her as any different than the two kids he and his wife had together. Up until his death from lung cancer seven years ago at 61, she still called him Dad.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Why not? She was only 36 when she died.
She wasn't even engaged at the time, it would likely have been a year or more before she married. Up until recently, and some women still do, women believed it was unhealthy to have babies after 40. Maybe if she had not had kids, she may have wanted them at such an age, but with a 13 and 15 year old boys from her first marriage, I don't see her being anxious to be pregnant again from a second marriage, IMO of course.

But she has been dead 15 years, and what may have been should have long ago been put to rest.

What is important is the new little Baby C, who has a big extended perhaps not traditional but loving family, which is what matters.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy

Whatever the past, baby Cambridge will only ever remember the "now" and the "future". It is the "now" that is the most important in all our lives...........so let's let the past go.............and wish the Cambridge family happy lives ahead............
Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But Camilla IS going to be their children's grandmother. She married William's father and when she did she became their step mother. Both William and Harry seem to think a lot of her and she is very close to Catherine. Of course Diana will always be honored in William and Harry's life and they will make sure her legacy lives on with their children. However, Diana can't be in her grandchildren's lives. Camilla will be there and I am sure she will embrace the grandchildren and have a warm and loving relationship with them as she has with William, Harry and Catherine.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I am not sure how I feel if the kid called Camilla grandma. It just don't seem right to me. Then again it isn't really any of my or anyone else's business. I get the funny feeling that maybe the kid will be born on the 29th , that would be an interesting date.
It seems fine to me....but then that's what happened in my family.

My dad's parents divorced. Both re-married. My bio-grandfather died before I was born. I call my dad's step-dad (who he does not call dad) Grandpa. He couldn't be more my Grandpa to me than if I were blood-related. And he definitely doesn't treat us non-blood related grandchildren differently than his bio-grandchildren. We're ALL his grandkids.

That being said....I'm sure whatever William (and later Harry) does will be right for him and his family. Every family is different.

ETA- My cousins' kids are in a similar situation- only all the bio grandparents are alive. All it's meant is that they've had more people to call Granny and Grandpa.lol
Old 07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Found a article on Google News Archives from 1948 about Queen (Then Princess) Elizabeth and the impending birth of her first child. Both Elizabeth and Philip wanted a boy. Also Quern Elizabeth attended a movie show just days before giving birth to Prince Charles.

Articles are from the last days of Elizabeth Pregnancy.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...lizabeth&hl=en

Old 07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

It doesn't really matter what baby c calls Camilla. Camilla will play a grandmother role. William has accepted her when he didn't have to. It is not like they are going to bring the baby to Clarence House and only let Charles play with it.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The 29th is my birthday. I'm kind of hoping Baby C is born on that day, just so I can say I share a birthday with the future king/queen of England.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge