The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Nobility

I'm hoping the baby comes on the weekend so I can do baby watch and not have to worry about having to get up and go to work the next morning.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

I know Charles has always wanted a little girl, which I find adorable-he did not get his daughter so a granddaughter would be extra special.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Duchess of Cornwall has given the strongest hint yet that a new royal baby is imminent, telling well-wishers to expect a bundle of joy by the end of the week | Mail Online
Old 07-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Courtier

I see people's are getting all wild up over the fact that Camilla referred to the fact that she referred to the baby as 'their' grandchild.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

she will no doubt adore this child almost as if it was her own by blood. half the children in world should be as lucky to have the loving grandparents and greats this one will have.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Serene Highness

With the abdication and inauguration in Belgium, it seems like it will be rather eventful weekend.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

This baby will be surrounded by love.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I see people's are getting all wild up over the fact that Camilla referred to the fact that she referred to the baby as 'their' grandchild.
I do not see any reference by Camilla to a grandchild. Once again people are confusing journalistic paraphrasing with direct quotes. As far as I can see, this is the only direct quote:

‘We are all just waiting by the telephone. We are hopeful that by the end of the week he or she will be here.’

Old 07-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's so silly. I really don't understand why people are upset. She will be that child's grandmother.

Here's video of Camilla saying that she thinks the baby will here by the end of the week.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/...y-in-cornwall/
Old 07-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post

That's so silly. I really don't understand why people are upset. She will be that child's grandmother.

Here's video of Camilla saying the baby will hopefully be here by the end of the week.

Royal visit in Cornwall - ITV News
I agree! She will still be a grandmother to the child weather people's like it or not. Camilla will make a Good Grandma!

I think Diana would want Camilla to love the child and be a Great & caring Grandmother and do all the Grandmotherly things with Grandchild she will never Meet. The baby will most likely be Catherine mom more then Camilla.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Courtier

@marilynsrylblog: Taking the royal baby for a walk? Now there's an app for that too https://t.co/OL1Y3eyKmX
Old 07-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Here's video of Camilla saying that she thinks the baby will here by the end of the week.

FULL REPORT : Charles and Camilla's day in Cornwall | West Country (W) - ITV News
See! That's all she said. The words "eagerly awaiting the birth of her grandchild" were spoken by a TV reporter in the voiceover.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post

See! That's all she said. The words "eagerly awaiting the birth of her grandchild" were spoken by a TV reporter in the voiceover.
Sometimes I think the media likes to toss in little comments that imply Camilla is taking Diana's space just so that people will misunderstand and think that Camilla (or another royal) made such a comment and the Internet explodes.

Basically they're giant trolls.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

^Yeah, the media loves to do that.

Quote:
I agree! She will still be a grandmother to the child weather people's like it or not. Camilla will make a Good Grandma!

I think Diana would want Camilla to love the child and be a Great & caring Grandmother and do all the Grandmotherly things with Grandchild she will never Meet. The baby will most likely be Catherine mom more then Camilla.
Yep. Unfortunately some are still stuck in the past and want to punish Camilla for things that transpired years ago. Camilla is now part of the family and will be in that child's life. Those folks will just have to learn to accept it.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

the whole Diana worship boarders on bizarre and manic. she was beautiful and kind but also troubled and no angel. it's time to move on.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
the whole Diana worship boarders on bizarre and manic. she was beautiful and kind but also troubled and no angel. it's time to move on.
Amen to that!!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

From Dress Like a Lady on Facebook, soon there will be a new generation's birth certificate: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...49699774_n.jpg
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank you, you've summed up my feeling on the subject exactly.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This is just my opinion, but when you label other people's behavior, it stimulates anger and defensiveness rather than real discussion. True discussion validates what other people say and feel, while sharing your own opinion and reasons for your opinion. It that way, we often find things we agree on and things upon which we respectfully disagree.
I understand that it feels good to vent, but if you vent on the issue rather than at the person posting it's much more like a forum of diverse opinions; it is more inclusive.
People won't move off of their love for Diana until they want to. Labeling people "manic" who adore her won't change their mind - it will just make them angry.
Plus, and again it is my opinion, but "manic" does not necessarily apply to hero worship. A little hero worship is good for the soul and keeps dreams alive.
Live the dream Diana lovers!
And I am off topic, again!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
This is just my opinion, but when you label other people's behavior, it stimulates anger and defensiveness rather than real discussion. True discussion validates what other people say and feel, while sharing your own opinion and reasons for your opinion. It that way, we often find things we agree on and things upon which we respectfully disagree.
I understand that it feels good to vent, but if you vent on the issue rather than at the person posting it's much more like a forum of diverse opinions; it is more inclusive.
People won't move off of their love for Diana until they want to. Labeling people "manic" who adore her won't change their mind - it will just make them angry.
Plus, and again it is my opinion, but "manic" does not necessarily apply to hero worship. A little hero worship is good for the soul and keeps dreams alive.
Live the dream Diana lovers!
And I am off topic, again!
And Im off topic too, but although manic may not be a suitable adjective, the vitriol generated by some "hero worshippers" against Charles and Camilla is not healthy either. And I think blind "hero worship" can be dangerous and lead to cultism.

Back on topic - I'm going to Brussels this weekend and was v excited when I discovered about the abdication and inauguration, but it now looks like I might miss the birth. Mind you, that's nothing compared to how my other half looked when he realised he's missing most of the 2nd test and The Open!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge