The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
Will you have access to a radio - perhaps in your car? They have news on some of those radio stations.

When it was announced that Diana was in labour (and remember this was well before the internet was invented) - I'd say it took no more 10 minutes for almost everyone to find out she was in labour. It was about the same time for finding out that she had had a boy.

With the internet now, it will take less than 10 minutes, of course.
Thankfully I didn't miss anything, Home from my Lil Holiday and now I can Look forward to it! My sister is having her baby on thursday (elective csection) So maybe they will share a birthday!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Frideswide, you know a lot about things royal. Thinking about it, Leopold has made a re-emergence as a name among Brits. Didn't Lord Nicholas Windsor name a son Leopold? But he chose very European dynastic names, and also his wife is said to be of Croatian descent and Roman cultural heritage, so he might not be a typical "Brit". It's possible baby Cambridge could be Leopold. What a surprise! Won't be long!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

@victoriaarbiter is chatting again about the pose as W&C&BC eventually exit the hospital. When it eventually happens.

With baby car seats it gets sticky. She is guessing mum and dad come out with BC and pose holding the babe. Then go back in and load said baby into the car seat, exit again, load car seat into waiting vehicle and be off.

In the US, the car seat has to be properly installed in the car; babe in improperly tethered car seat is not enough. Installing car seats is a pain for many - it takes giggling and finagling and can easily go wrong or take a while. And as you do this install, your hind parts remain tantalizingly on parade for all to admire. The Cambridges have cute features in this respect, but no one wants to see that angle in the DM.

I know families who never move the seat once installed. Or designate one of the other parent as the only one who can get it right.

Failure to use the seat properly results in moving violation tickets. Not to mention huge public embarassment if one is a public figure.

If one faces the same hurdles in the UK - I think Victoria has it wrong. The way to go is to pre-install the seat in the car. That way W&C&BC exit hospital and pose. They make their way to the car and C hands W the baby then enters the rear seat with the car seat installed. W hands C the baby. She Buckles BC in. Dad either rides shotgun or drives alone in the front seat (choice to make - use driver or not).

But my assumptions are all based on US regulations (use rear seat for baby, etc.) What's required in the UK? And what do the bookies have to say on the issue?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Frideswide, you know a lot about things royal. Thinking about it, Leopold has made a re-emergence as a name among Brits. Didn't Lord Nicholas Windsor name a son Leopold? But he chose very European dynastic names, and also his wife is said to be of Croatian descent and Roman cultural heritage, so he might not be a typical "Brit". It's possible baby Cambridge could be Leopold. What a surprise! Won't be long!
Yes, and on checking, their other son is Albert! They are:

Albert Louis Philip Edward
Leopold Ernest Augustus Guelph

Names that are fully in the Hanoverian/Saxe Coburg/Windsor family tradition, yet I see according to Wikipedia:

"The child is the first Windsor to carry the name Albert since George VI, but the couple has said he was actually named after St Albert the Great, while his middle name Philip was given in honour of St Philip Neri. The names Louis and Edward are after his maternal and paternal grandfathers, respectively."
Old 07-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Courtier

I was wondering will Buckingham Palace & Clarence House announce Catherine has gone into the hospital and has given birth on It website and social media pages (British Monarchy Twitter and facebook page) before any media outlet (BBC, Sky news, NBC, etc) reports it?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I was wondering will Buckingham Palace & Clarence House announce Catherine has gone into the hospital and has given birth on It website and social media pages (British Monarchy Twitter and facebook page) before any media outlet (BBC, Sky news, NBC, etc) reports it?
With the fact that there are so many news reporters either outside or near the hospital, It will be more than likely be announced around the same time!!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Gentry

Yes, I'll be curious to see what they do for the car seat issue too. Things were a lot different several years ago. I remember seeing the video of Diana getting into the car with William and holding him on her lap.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Courtier

I dont know if Anyone has been following Victoria Arbiter recent Tweets on twitter but she has been Tweeting on what is True & Facts and what is False and other Rumors. I am loving it!

@victoriaarbiter: In the calm before the world wide media storm over all things #royalbaby let's start separating fact from fiction....
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Gentry

I can hardly wait for this special baby to arrive! Last thing to check before I go to bed and my first action in the morning! My hubby is just shaking his head and thinks that his wife is going bonkers!!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
is it true or just a story that prince Charles suggested the name zara?
From Hello! Magazine
Zara Anne Elizabeth Phillips was born on May 15, 1981, at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington. The second child of the Princess Royal, she got her unusual first name from her uncle, Prince Charles. "The baby made a rather sudden and positive arrival," recalled Princess Anne, "and my brother thought Zara (a Greek name meaning 'bright as the dawn') was an appropriate name."

I think an additional consideration may have been that Mark Phillips' sister is named Sarah Anne. As I remember, Zara's name was not announced right away when she was born. Isn't there someone else in the royal circle named Zara?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Courtier

I think we can expect the baby Prince to be born this weekend or in the middle of next week. I don't see this dragging on until August although that would be interesting since it is my own birth month. Everything seems to point to the fact that the Cambridges are not expecting the child before the 20th. Not sure what it meant that William will be on leave "for the next few days". Might have nothing to do with the birth itself but just how the shifts have been organized. You never know about babies though. It might feel like nothing immediate is happening but that might change in a minute.

- Countess Adelaide von Furstenberg

(surprisingly close to a v. name in my own family )
Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I think we can expect the baby Prince to be born this weekend or in the middle of next week. I don't see this dragging on until August although that would be interesting since it is my own birth month. Everything seems to point to the fact that the Cambridges are not expecting the child before the 20th. Not sure what it meant that William will be on leave "for the next few days". Might have nothing to do with the birth itself but just how the shifts have been organized. You never know about babies though. It might feel like nothing immediate is happening but that might change in a minute.

- Countess Adelaide von Furstenberg

(surprisingly close to a v. name in my own family )
A lot of people's predicted that the baby will/would be born sometime this week.

By the way Watch for Tuesday and Wednesday because those are the most popular/Common days of the week for Babies to be born. More Babies ate born on those Days then any other, Monday and Thursday follow at Third and Fourth.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Gentry

Well I hope the baby is born before the weekend, because we are going to be very busy then. We have lots of company coming and I won't be able to sit by the computer and keep tabs on what is happening. At least I get updates on my phone, so that helps!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

My guess is the baby will be born July 20th. Just a guess ...
Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Just for the record:
Even when labour starts and you are in hospital it still can last more than 24 hours till the child is born.
It is the first child!!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duchess of Cornwall has given the strongest hint yet that a new royal baby is imminent, telling well-wishers to expect a bundle of joy by the żend of the weekż | Mail Online
Old 07-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 31m
So, according to one senior royal they are 'hopeful that by the end of the week he or she will be here' #royalbaby story on MailOnline soon

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, according to Duchess of Cornwall, the birth of new heir until the end of this week is imminent.
It's interesting if the baby shares birthday with any other monarchs or connected to it:
So, if baby is born on July 17th, it will share birthday with Camilla, that's great, but in a way ironical due to the past so much rumoured triangle Diana-Charles-Camilla (mostly if a baby girl is to be born that very day);
July 20- Birthday of Princess Alexandra of Hanover and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
July 22-Prince Felix of Denmark's birthday
July 25-Lord Nicholas Windsor's birthday and Birthday of Princess Maria Olympia, the eldest daughter of Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal
July 28-Samuel Chatto's birthday
July 31-Marina Ogilvy's birthday
Old 07-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Nobility

this kid is already a royal...he is going to do things in his own sweet time and his subjects just have to deal with it :)
Old 07-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Based on the use of "hopeful" I would more think that what Camilla's saying is "we're at or about the due date now and we're as anxious for the birth as the rest of the world."

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge