The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Lately I have been thinking that Catherine is going to give birth to a boy also for a few reasons. One thing I notice is which is kind of interesting about Women's in the Royal Family in recent time who gave birth to a heir is that their first child usually seem to be a Boy. I know that this may not have any real meaning but do you notice something hers?

The Gender of the first Child if the last 7 Queens/Consorts/Princess of Wales:

Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz: Boy
Queen Victoria: Girl
Queen Alexandra: Boy
Queen Mary: Boy
Queen Mother: Girl
Queen Elizabeth: Boy
Princess Diana: Boy
And Queen Victoria was the only of these who had both boys and girls.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And Queen Victoria was the only of these who had both boys and girls.
That is no true, They all gave birth to both Boys and Girls except for The Queen Mother and Princess Diana.

Charlotte: 9 Boys and 7 Girls
Victoria: 5 Girls and 4 Boys
Alexandra: 3 Boys and 3 Girls
Mary 5 Boys and 1 Girl
Elizabeth The Queen Mother: Two Girls
Queen Elizabeth 3 Boys and 1 Girl
Princess Diana: 2 Boys

Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Is it true to say, baby Girls are late and boys are early?
I never believe that myths. Its always 50/50, it doesn't matter if the baby is boy or girl, when he/she feels like it, he/she will be born.
(Leonor and Estelle were both born early, just for a matter of fact)
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Be it boy or girl.. I wish the duchess a safe and uneventful delivery!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

What if Carole Middleton was punking everyone when she allegedly said the baby would be a Leo? She knew that people would assume she meant the zodiac sign. But, in reality, she meant that the baby was a boy and would be called Leo. Sure, Leopold is more of a family name with the Belgian RF but Kate's had her heart set on a little boy named Leo since she saw "Titanic" over and over at the cinema due to her mad crush on Leo DiCaprio.

Why yes, I could write for the Daily Mail...
Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That is no true, They all gave birth to both Boys and Girls except for The Queen Mother and Princess Diana.

Charlotte: 9 Boys and 7 Girls
Victoria: 5 Girls and 4 Boys
Alexandra: 3 Boys and 3 Girls
Mary 5 Boys and 1 Girl
Elizabeth The Queen Mother: Two Girls
Queen Elizabeth 3 Boys and 1 Girl
Princess Diana: 2 Boys
Your right. I wanted to say Queen Victoria was the only who had a gril first and later also boys. The other's whio had both boys and girls all had a boy as first.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Courtier

Ask the experts ----

As we don't really know the 'due date' for sure? Could the doctors, technically, allow Kate to go to a Thursday, 1 August birth, before considering their options?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
What if Carole Middleton was punking everyone when she allegedly said the baby would be a Leo? She knew that people would assume she meant the zodiac sign. But, in reality, she meant that the baby was a boy and would be called Leo. Sure, Leopold is more of a family name with the Belgian RF but Kate's had her heart set on a little boy named Leo since she saw "Titanic" over and over at the cinema due to her mad crush on Leo DiCaprio.

but you need to add more venom before you got that job.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

would that Leo name after Leonardo diCaprio be a sellout to Hollywood? Probably, and so it won't happen on Granny's watch. UK probably would not like a Germanic name like Leopold--at least not in the older population which watches reruns of "Mrs. Miniver" and other WWII dramas. The younger generation of men was decimated in WWI with Germans, too, as we saw in "Downton Abbey" (except that it was worse than in Downton). Not likely to choose a Germanic name. "Leonardo" is Italian but that's not likely either.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Courtier

In my opinion you should be ashamed if you work for the Daily Mailonline. I have never taken them serious and they have never been accurate or checked for facts (Obviously!) especially after some of their stories from last year (not related to the royal family). But I will say some of their articles on the Ann Curry/TODAY Show fallout were kind of entertaining but they just adding fuel to the fire and not checking for facts and accuracy which they are not known for.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Nobility

is it true or just a story that prince Charles suggested the name zara?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In my opinion you should be ashamed if you work for the Daily Mailonline. I have never taken them serious and they have never been accurate or checked for facts (Obviously!) especially after some of their stories from last year (not related to the royal family). But I will say some of their articles on the Ann Curry/TODAY Show fallout were kind of entertaining but they just adding fuel to the fire and not checking for facts and accuracy which they are not known for.
It was a joke

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

It was a joke
I wasn't necessarily talking about the poster above but peoples in general or the peoples who already work there.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

My biggest nightmare for me is going into bed, sleeping, waking up and to read that the baby is born. I want to take part at the forum when the news that Catherine has been admitted to hospital has arrived.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post

Why yes you could.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
My biggest nightmare for me is going into bed, sleeping, waking up and to read that the baby is born. I want to take part at the forum when the news that Catherine has been admitted to hospital has arrived.
Me too. I also want to be part of this forum also when it announced that Catherine has gone into the hospital, Given Birth and the announcement of the Gender! This is my first Royal Baby Watch since joining this Forum.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Nobility

I for one hope once the child is born they can somehow keep him or her out of the limelight but for special occasions like they did with james and louise for several years though the situations are very different...cp Victoria may be able to have her baby in the cameras eye more but if kate and will did that...the massive press over kill -esp. in the states- would be obnoxious, even more than it is now
Old 07-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
would that Leo name after Leonardo diCaprio be a sellout to Hollywood? Probably, and so it won't happen on Granny's watch. UK probably would not like a Germanic name like Leopold--at least not in the older population which watches reruns of "Mrs. Miniver" and other WWII dramas. The younger generation of men was decimated in WWI with Germans, too, as we saw in "Downton Abbey" (except that it was worse than in Downton). Not likely to choose a Germanic name. "Leonardo" is Italian but that's not likely either.
We do have an English version: Leonard. Actually any of these names (Leo, Leon, Lionel etc) would be quite appropriate as they derive from lion, and lions feature in the Royal Arms.

But I disagree that we in the UK would be antagonistic towards a Germanic name. Leopold would be no more unpopular than Albert. These Victorian names are coming back into fashion.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Nobility

if you want to go obscure, sir lionel from Arthurian legend and a couple of medieval royal ones so it's not that crazy a thought. on that note emma is both trendy and sufficiently royal also.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
is it true or just a story that prince Charles suggested the name zara?
It appears to be true that Charles did suggest the name "Zara" to his sister, Anne.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge