The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

He cant take paternity leave until the child is born.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
We will find out if the helicopter reappears on his lawn in Anglesey.
If I was in his shoes, I would be inclined to randomly fly to London in the helicopter just for the reactions...

Old 07-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
If I was in his shoes, I would be inclined to randomly fly to London in the helicopter just for the reactions...
I meant the little red/orange heli owned by his friend.

But I agree, it would be hard to stay up in the wilds and away from mom-to-be.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 07-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
He cant take paternity leave until the child is born.
Ah! Gotcha! Thanks for the correction.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

No Baby C?!! I stayed off the boards all day, crossing my fingers that he/she will arrive if I stop checking every hour lol
Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Surely you jest! If he starts another round of several days of 24 hour shifts - he'll be expected to be at work for those days and hours!

Using the example that Cepe suggested (although Cepe admitted to not being sure of William's schedule) he works a 4 on/4 off schedule - I suspect that we might see a pattern of him flying to London when he gets his 4 days off to be with Kate and flying back for his 4 days of work.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Well if she isn't expected to deliver for another week or so then why is William taking his 2 week paternity leave right now? Isn't the purpose of having that time off to spend time with his new born baby and to help Catherine?

It makes more sense to me that the baby's due date was this weekend which is why he took the time off now. If she doesn't deliver by a certain date then it also makes sense that they will induce labor so that he has as much time as possible with Catherine and the baby before he has to go back to work.
As long as everything is fine with Catherine, they will not induce her and give her so the chance to deliver her baby on a natural way.
That means no induction before two weeks after due date.
They induce only for medical reasons and not because father has to return to work.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post

As long as everything is fine with Catherine, they will not induce her and give her so the chance to deliver her baby on a natural way.
They induce only for medical reasons and not because father has to return to work.
They induced Sarah Ferguson when Beatrice was born.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Courtier

It's is July 15th in the U.K. and The Third Week of the Royal Baby Watch has now begun. July 15th -July 21st I'd what some have considered tithe real middle of July.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Not always the case. I know a few women that were induced for non-medical reasons when they went a few days past their due date. Life happens and doesn't always correspond with when a baby is ready to come out.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Really?

I think the media attention and the fan/royal watcher attention is just too much! I feel so sorry for them and their family -whether or not they expect it!

I have become disenchanted due to all of this attention... It's over the top and too much!!
I totally agree.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Not always the case. I know a few women that were induced for non-medical reasons when they went a few days passed their due date. Life happens and doesn't always correspond with when a baby is ready to come out.
I certainly hope that if the birth is induced, it is for medical reasons and the convenience of the mother and child, and nothing whatsoever to do with the father's work commitments.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Not always the case. I know a few women that were induced for non-medical reasons when they went a few days passed their due date. Life happens and doesn't always correspond with when a baby is ready to come out.
Induction for non-medical reasons is possible but not typically encouraged and considered on a case-by-case basis.

That said, we don't know what Catherine's due date is or, for that matter, what her health has been like during her pregnancy (and really, we don't need to know). We know that she's looked healthy and wasn't put on bed rest (or at least not prior to her last sighting), but beyond that? Not much.

A friend of mine had a pregnancy without any problems, but because she has high blood pressure her doctors were concerned and she was induced on her due date. She's pregnant with her second now, and they're already saying that she'll be induced again if the baby doesn't come prior to the due date. Without us knowing the details of Catherine's health and pregnancy, we can't really say when (or if) she'll be induced.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Really?

I think the media attention and the fan/royal watcher attention is just too much! I feel so sorry for them and their family -whether or not they expect it!

I have become disenchanted due to all of this attention... It's over the top and too much!!
I absolutely agree! The "interest" is way, way over the top. OK the child is important but really, I don't know why everyone is "counting the hours" if the Cambridge's are staying with her family and William is off playing polo I would think that it is not time to fuss.

When we see a positive movement, signs that they are on their way to the hospital, well then I guess you can get a little excited . . . but it could just be braxston hicks!

Me? I'll wait for the announcement.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Popping in to see if there's any news yet. None? See you later!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Courtier

I think there has always been this much interest in the birth of a Royal Heir but with the internet it seems way more then it was when William was born and it probably isn't. The baby will come when it's ready and I doubt William would want the baby induced just because of his work schedule. Kate is probably feeling huge but happy and if she is like most mothers at her stage pretty much ready to meet the baby.We could have another 2 weeks of this I wonder how many stories the press can run? LOL I have seen 2 Royal Baby specials on TV so far pretty much just speculating on everything from the birth to the clothes to the school. LOL
Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
More like roastingly hot.
only adding to the warmth of the Cambrige appreciation towards the media camp...
Old 07-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Courtier

I am just hoping that the birth will take place latest by Thursday and not on or too close to 21 July this Sunday so that it wouldn't 'clash' with the Belgian King Abdication and Oath Ceremony. Or else I am hoping that the birth will occur on 22 July onwards. I am simply hoping.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Aristocracy

I'm hoping for this week also - I leave on a cross-country trip on the 21st and will be without net access most of the time until Aug 4...
Old 07-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Majesty

Baby Cambridge could come any day and time this week. Despite the wait, this is so exciting. William couldn't stop showing all his teeth at the polo match yesterday.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge