The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen lots of people stating that it's a girl. The only discussion I've seen is around the changes to succession i.e. if it's a girl she won't be leapfrogged in the line of succession by a younger brother.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Can someone please explain why the whole world and his wife is saying the baby is a GIRL?

What is the scientific evidence? Perhaps someone can enlighten me? Everyone is saying GIRL GIRL GIRL? is there a medical reason for this?

What is it about the pregnancy that rules OUT a BOY??

I am sure the answer's will be very interesting, having never had children myself and am really curious, especially as people that have said this to me in the past about other celebrities have been proved SPOT ON, and the baby has indeed turned out to be a girl. How are people able to predict this so accurately and very cleverly too. What is the secret to this?
We are only guessing it My bet is she's having a girl.

Like Kate I had HG too and I had two girls.
The most part of women who suffered with it ended up giving birth to a girl. Obviously there are some women who had that and had boys.

There's not a 'rule' we are just predicting.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm kind of thinking baby photos will be few and far between. I've only seen 3 photos of Lupo since he's been a Cambridge. They don't seem to be quick to share (which is OK by me).
Old 03-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

All due respect, Lupo is not the next heir to the British throne...
Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePatrick View Post
All due respect, Lupo is not the next heir to the British throne...
You are so right!! Please Lupo is a their dog not the heir! Let's not compare them
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Nobility

Even so, I've seen more than three pictures of Lupo. But only when he's out walking with Kate. I doubt we'd get posed studio photographs of him.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Research has shown that increased levels of morning sickness are associated with girl pregnancies. People are just suggesting it is a girl due to Catherine's sickness at the beginning.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Research has shown that increased levels of morning sickness are associated with girl pregnancies. People are just suggesting it is a girl due to Catherine's sickness at the beginning.
I don't base my opinion only on her sickness at the beginning.

I have a feeling its a girl... that's it!

I've always imagined them having a girl.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post

I don't base my opinion only on her sickness at the beginning.

I have a feeling its a girl... that's it!

I've always imagined them having a girl.
And then other people have feeling it will be a boy so...who knows. We will all be pleasantly surprised. In the meantime, I find the speculations amusing.:)
Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
And then other people have feeling it will be a boy so...who knows. We will all be pleasantly surprised. In the meantime, I find the speculations amusing.:)
Yes you are right
Old 03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

as the sex of the child will be determined by William's male line genetics....2 boys produced by Charles

3 boys and 1 girl produced by Phillip

4 girls and 1 boy produced by Andrew of Greece

I think statistically, more than likely a boy...but I vote for a girl and bet on Diana or Frances in the name.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Courtier

according to the ancient royal chinese chart (which is supposed to be 90% accurate)
its a boy

Chinese Gender Chart, Chinese Pregnancy Calendar, Chinese Gender Predictor Calculator#
Old 03-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
according to the ancient royal chinese chart (which is supposed to be 90% accurate)
its a boy

Chinese Gender Chart, Chinese Pregnancy Calendar, Chinese Gender Predictor Calculator#
Of course it is same nonsense as bump up bump down.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

In the program 'Countryfile' Charles expressed his feelings about becoming a grandfather, saying: “It’s a lovely thought and I look forward enormously to that relationship”
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
In the program 'Countryfile' Charles expressed his feelings about becoming a grandfather, saying: “It’s a lovely thought and I look forward enormously to that relationship”
He will be a great grandfather for sure
Old 03-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
He will be a great grandfather for sure
I can imagine that it would be fun to be his grandchild.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I can imagine that it would be fun to be his grandchild.
For sure I think Camilla will be great too
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
as the sex of the child will be determined by William's male line genetics
The sex of the child relies solely on whether William contributed an X chromosome or a Y chromosome, and absolutely nothing else. Women are XX, males are XY. Since we only have one letter to give, our contribution to the baby game is always an X. Males contribute either an X or a Y, which then determines the baby's gender. It all comes down to which little fishy got to the finish line first, as it were. I could get more specific and use actual medical terminology, but I think you get the gist just fine with that.

It doesn't matter how many boys or girls people have had in the past, whether the woman is carrying high or low, whether she has a big butt or a flat butt, or whether she's extra pukey or not pukey at all. This is basic genetics and biology. My dad was the 2nd of the two boys, my grandfather was the 3rd of 5 boys, my great-grandfather was the 1st of 5 boys. What did my dad have? Two girls. You'd think he'd have all boys, but as you can see, that wasn't the case.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Without going into too much detail, it's speculated that the chemistry of the woman plays a part in how receptive she is to the xy's or the xx's, which both survive in different types of environments. Some women are in the middle of that balance, which is why they seem to have even numbers. When you see a family with an inordinate amount of one or the other, it might be due to the mother's chemistry.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Royal Highness

That doesn't mean that the sex isn't determined by the male line genetics. William got an X from his mother and a Y from his father (who got the Y from his father, and so on).

The idea that William's male-line ancestry is more likely to have boys than girls is a bit unfounded though. Yes, his father had 2 boys, but both of his uncles had girls (Andrew having 2). Prince Philip had 3 boys and 1 girl, his father had 4 girls and 1 boy, and his grandfather had 5 boys and 1 girl.

Furthermore, if you look at the offspring of all the male-line descendants of George I (Prince Philip's grandfather) you get exactly 21 boys and 21 girls. Just using that alone, William isn't more or less likely to have a boy or a girl.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge