Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge is spending the weekend at her parents’ house

Pregnant Kate spends weekend with her parents in Berkshire

Old 07-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Mike and Carole are the owners. They have managers who can run the day to day operations if they want go to Mustique or skiing or spend two days at Wimbledon or shopping or spend a week with their grandchild.
Of course. As the owners they have a bit more flexibility, but that wasn't my point. It was said that they run PP out of their home, which is not true. So I was pointing that out.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Has Kate been seen in public since she went on maternity leave on 15 June?
According to a radio reporter the Dutchess went to her parents' home in Berkshire for a few days.
Good for her to do happy things in stead of waiting!!
William will play polo today and join his wife at Berkshire.

Only the poor reporters are left all alone at St Mary's
Old 07-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Courtier

They might be bored but at least there being paid to sit there and wait. I would off thought Kate has been with her family for awhile now with William at work.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Has Kate been seen in public since she went on maternity leave on 15 June? I hope the poor girl has not been house-bound for the last 5 weeks, for fear of the press taking her picture.
Perhaps she doesn't want to risk her water breaking while she's out in public?
(I know that would be on my mind).

As for the reporters, that hospital stakeout must be costing a fortune!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

If we believe that Diana leaked a late due date to throw the press off the scent....

It would have been even smarter of W and C to leak an EARLY due date, leading to a lengthy press stake out at the hospital.

The cost and discomfort for the press would certainly make them think twice about how they cover the next blessed event.

Not to mention that in a karmic way - it is a great payback for the topless photos, etc.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Mirror take on brining up baby by William.

Royal baby's dad Prince William rising to the role of future king - and will be his own man - Hugo Vickers - Mirror Online

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 45m
I understand the plan is for William to drive to London, with police clearing the way, if Kate does go into labour..

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 51m
No sign of a helicopter here. I'm told William's very relaxed and is not expecting Kate to go into labour today.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

I think the whole guessing game of the date and her exact location-- at any given time-- is intended to throw off the media. I heard this morning on the TODAY show that she is at her parent's home in Bucklebury for the weekend. I seriously doubt that. She is some where in London or certainly closer than Bucklebury. These two know what they aw doing and they are throwing off the media on purpose. Three cheers for them!!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Courtier

I have said that for the last month. I don't Blame then at all and I would do the same.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she probably is in Bucklebury - William is playing polo in 2 venues within easy distance of there this weekend.
I reckon this baby will arrive post 22nd July.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Courtier

If the Baby isn't born tomorrow the media will start saying that Catherine is late when for all they know the real due date could be July 20th! Which it could be born as late as July 31st. Which by then the media will start speculating that something wrong when nothing is wrong.

The media (especially Mailonline) will never run out out of Ideas)

Actually i was thinking the more Catherine Pregnancy goes on and as this month drags on the more the media and press get more tired and impatient! It teaches then a good and valuable lesson!

Hopefully during Catherine next pregnancy (if she had another child) the Media will act better and won't jump the gun and speculate so soon!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it would be marvelous if she had the baby and the media had no idea until the family made the announcement.

LaRae
Old 07-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The DM is already writing that Catherine is one day late.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Gentry

It's really something how early this pregnancy was made public.

I really felt bad for W & C back in early December when they were pushed to go public. I imagine if things had gone according to plan, the pregnancy probably wouldn't have been announced until mid- to late-January, they've had to deal with such lengthy scrutiny. If she, indeed, has a late July due date - let's say July 23 to keep with Carole's supposed "Leo baby" comment, that means she conceived at the end of October, or around November 1. I believe the official announcement was December 3. They had probably just found out.

Does anyone know how far along QE II generally was before her pregnancies were announced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 45m
I understand the plan is for William to drive to London, with police clearing the way, if Kate does go into labour..
Wow. That sounds like a circus atmosphere... I hope they can sneak into the hospital and get settled before the news is out.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Courtier

I read an article on Google Archives back from 1948 announcing Princess Elizabeth was expecting. I believe she was around 5 or 6 months or maybe even 7 months before there was a announcement.

But it was a lot different back then.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
Wow. That sounds like a circus atmosphere... I hope they can sneak into the hospital and get settled before the news is out.
I agree with your circus metaphor with the Cambridge baby being the ringmaster! I understand from media reports that the weather conditions in metropolitan London are beautifully warm so that I can imagine the joy of the Cambridge parents-to-be as they wait for the baby to crack its painful whip!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

I've recently became less excited about the birth, maybe because I'm excited with my holidays starting tomorrow . Now, I'd love to see Kate giving birth as late as possible, just to irritate media and reporters outside the hospital.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

In the very first picture in the story , his face looks so much like baby William! I just had to say that.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think it would be marvelous if she had the baby and the media had no idea until the family made the announcement.

LaRae
yes, I think that would be fantastic!

Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge