The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
...I'd wager a guess that the home office set up is similar to that of Clarence House...
The difference is that they work not only 'from home' but 'at home'. Charles and Camilla regularly have to be outside the home and even in other towns etc so would need help in the home that wouldn't be needed in the Middleton home where the work is done.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Courtier

It's the most practical thing for them to do. No reason why they can't have a nanny and still be hands on parents. Diana was. As some stage they will have events or things they need to be at and a nanny will be essential. William had a couple of good nannies and he would know it would be needed. You can't really rely on the Grandparents both sets work and have their own lives. I won't be surprised if Kate gives birth on the 17th just a feeling I'm getting....

Old 07-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Gentry

I think a nanny would probably be helpful in the "art" of raising a royal... My youngest was throwing a huge tantrum earlier tonight. I wondered what would happen with a "spirited" royal baby. This kid is going to have to really behave well in public, etc. A nanny could really help with that. I vaguely remember some of Williams's adventures as a young boy... (mischievous at Sarah and Andrews wedding, running around at a family photo sitting). He obviously grew into a very composed, admirable young man. I think his parents, as well as nanny(s) ad largely to thank for that.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Aristocracy

They will have a nanny or two but I can see both Will and Kate being very hands on. Perhaps we will see a lot of the Middleton's with the grandchild. You know I don't remember seeing any pics of Will and harry with their grandparents. (Spencers). There probably are pics but I don't think I have ever seen any. Of course we have seen them with their aunts and uncle.

I like the idea of waiting until the child is born to name it.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
I think his parents, as well as nanny(s) ad largely to thank for that.
I give the credit to the people who really raised him - the boarding schools he was at from the age of 8.

The schools, and particularly his peers, had far more to do with how he grew up than any adults (having been at a boarding school I can assure you it is the peers who have the most influence as they are the ones there all the time unlike the teachers/housemasters etc).
Old 07-13-2013, 10:39 PM

All of this brouhaha because the expected due date has passed. I know of very few instances where the due date is when the baby arrives.

Both of my nieces were later than expected. One was due March 18 but not born until March 30. The other was due June 6; as it turned out, that was the day of my father's funeral. She did not come into the world until June 19.

As has been said before, the baby will come when he or she is ready.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Gentry

My first baby was due April 3. For some reason, I was convinced the birth would be early - occurring on March 21 - the Vernal Equinox. I guess I had that romantic idea because I had married on the Summer Solstice.

Well, he didn't arrive until April 16... Such a long wait from March 21. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I give the credit to the people who really raised him - the boarding schools he was at from the age of 8.
You make a good point! I forgot he was at boarding school so young...I wonder if William and Catherine will follow that tradition.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Courtier

No one knows the due date! That was never confirmed and was just a rumor. It had always been Mid July not the 11th or 13th, There was never a official Due Date!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Nobility

My cousin and his wife's third baby was due on October 10th 2008 (Thanksgiving weekend) but she didn't come until the 20th. My aunt went up to Ottawa (a 6-hour drive from Welland, where she and my uncle live) for the birth; she got so tired of waiting that she came home!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Serene Highness

Grrr...We will be w/out power here for most of the day due to Hydro Ontario doing some sort of work to the system. It's supposed to be off from around 8 am to 1 pm, but it wouldn't be the first time the power wasn't back on when they said it would be too, so I'm prepared for it to be off longer. As I said to Mom tonight, just watch...It'll come back on and the baby will be here, meaning missing the fun of a Royal Baby Watch around here...Again!!

I was just about to head from my Sister's to the train station last February to head down to Toronto for a medical appt, did one last check here and sure enough, Victoria was in the hospital in labour. I just have a feeling that's about to happen again. Darn it!!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Royal Highness

Can Baby C come to the world in August? Or it has to be really in July?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post

Michael & Carole Middleton work. Their jobs are not as high profile as Charles & Camilla but they still work and I'd bet that they work more than 40 hours a week. Yes, their company is based out of their home but I'd wager a guess that the home office set up is similar to that of Clarence House. The living quarters for the family are separate from the company work space. The idea that their schedule or office set-up somehow makes it easier to leave Baby C with them rather than Charles/Camilla is preposterous.
Without knowing details, I would guess Michael and Carole could delegate a lot of work to employees at this point. However, the first time parents I know aren't thrilled about leaving their babies with anyone, including grandparents. Regardless of who works more, none of these are sitting around waiting for grandchildren to liven up their days. Again, I'm no expert, but aren't most of the pictures of the Queen and her grandchildren taken at Balmoral during the holiday weeks there? I'm curious to see if and how the Middletons will be incorporated into royal family holidays in Scotland once baby c gets a little older. [Camilla's family seems to see her mostly at Wiltshire, but I'm not sure we would know if they came to Birkhall - they might not want to be there. For one thing, Andrew P B is still around, and until 2010, his wife. Besides, that's different, with no precedence for the situation. Her keeping that home always seems a little odd in a way, but a stroke of genius in another.] I suppose part of the fun is that we will all have to wait and see. In addition, once Charles is King, won't he have a little more control about where and how the Middletons are free to join royal family vacations, if that's what they and W and K want? I'm just speculating.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Majesty

The Royal baby will be a drama. But what hope it will bring us, says Archbishop of Canterbury JUSTIN WELBY:
The Royal baby will be a drama. But what hope it will bring us, says Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-14-2013, 03:10 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The difference is that they work not only 'from home' but 'at home'. Charles and Camilla regularly have to be outside the home and even in other towns etc so would need help in the home that wouldn't be needed in the Middleton home where the work is done.
Party Pieces isn't run out of their home. Unless the company moved recently, the headquarters for PP is in a converted farmhouse in Ashampstead, West Berkshire. So they work outside the home just like Camilla and Charles.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:33 AM
Courtier

Has Kate been seen in public since she went on maternity leave on 15 June? I hope the poor girl has not been house-bound for the last 5 weeks, for fear of the press taking her picture. I think baby is going to be late, rather than early. Maybe the maternity leave mid-June, was to give her a bit more privacy for the final 5 weeks or so. If her due date is 15 July, then we could be seeing a late birth up to 29 July, if baby is late. Yes, I feel a bit sorry for the reporters who have been at the hospital since 1 July. Looks like William will be playing polo today. Does anyone know if he is off-duty now from the RAF, or heading back to Wales again after the charity polo today. The helicopter is on standby, but two more weeks of waiting could be the reality.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:44 AM
Courtier

Well I don't feel sorry for the reporters
It is their job!!!

My daughter, who is a midwife had her due date on August 5th and my granddaughter (her first child) was finally born on August 25th perfectly healthy.
She even went to the wedding of her best friend 120 km away (The Hague-Arnhem) on August 22nd
My daughter has the impression that more and more babies are rather late.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:50 AM
Courtier

A lot of dr's don't like letting you go more then 10 days overdue because it can be bad for the baby being too late. It isn't unusual for first babies to be late. I hope Kate hasn't been stuck in the house too or she will be going stir crazy. She is healthy no reason she couldn't go out and do some shopping or out to dinner with friends. We just haven't heard about it.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:54 AM
Nobility

I'll just take this opportunity to offer my prayers for a safe delivery for a precious first-born child, and good health for mother and babe.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
A lot of dr's don't like letting you go more then 10 days overdue because it can be bad for the baby being too late. It isn't unusual for first babies to be late. I hope Kate hasn't been stuck in the house too or she will be going stir crazy. She is healthy no reason she couldn't go out and do some shopping or out to dinner with friends. We just haven't heard about it.
Of course you will be monitored daily if you are two weeks overdue
Old 07-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post

Party Pieces isn't run out of their home. Unless the company moved recently, the headquarters for PP is in a converted farmhouse in Ashampstead, West Berkshire. So they work outside the home just like Camilla and Charles.
Mike and Carole are the owners. They have managers who can run the day to day operations if they want go to Mustique or skiing or spend two days at Wimbledon or shopping or spend a week with their grandchild.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge