The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Who wants to bet that Catherine goes into labor during William's polo match?
I agree. I hope the baby is coming tomorrow

Old 07-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by genegirl99 View Post
Who wants to bet that Catherine goes into labor during William's polo match?
Hey that might be the trick lol I was kind of hoping it was not born today because of the Mailonline saying it was the 13th was no confirmed.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

I agree! I got excited for a bit when I saw it.

Warren created a forum for the birth of Baby Cambridge in anticipation.
Okay I see it now, I was on my phone so I didn't see it, I just got on Royal trough the iPhone Internet browser and now I see it.

I just subscribed to that thread!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The DM has carried out a survey regarding how William and Catherine should bring up the baby, whether royal duties play a part, william's work in the RAF etc.

Royal baby 'needs a stay-at-home mum': Don't have nanny, cut back on royal duties- and give Middletons greater role than Charles, Britons tell Kate | Mail Online

It looks daft to me. Examples
- cut back on royal duties, but when on a royal tour, take the baby
- take baby on royal tour, but dont have a nanny

I know about structuring surveys and I think they got the answers they wanted.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Courtier

It is Now July 14th in the U.K and the last day of Week Two of Royal Baby Watch is Here. I do feel like the Birth is very close and near now! Everyday it get more exciting. I am always checking this forum and Twitter like ever 10-15 minutes now.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Courtier

I have to admit that I'm getting a big impatient with Baby C. :)
Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Majesty

The news here in Australia this morning had one of the royal reporters - Jobson??? - and he said that his source inside the palace told him that the birth isn't imminent and that it could be later than we think.

I also remember that Carole has said that it will be a Leo - which is still 10 days or so away from beginning.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The DM has carried out a survey regarding how William and Catherine should bring up the baby, whether royal duties play a part, william's work in the RAF etc.

Royal baby 'needs a stay-at-home mum': Don't have nanny, cut back on royal duties- and give Middletons greater role than Charles, Britons tell Kate | Mail Online

It looks daft to me. Examples
- cut back on royal duties, but when on a royal tour, take the baby
- take baby on royal tour, but dont have a nanny

I know about structuring surveys and I think they got the answers they wanted.
I thought Catherine's last official duty was Trouping the Color on June 15th?

Grandparents should not have a say in how the baby is raised, that is up to the parents. I don't care if the baby is the future monarch, the days of everyone else deciding how that future monarch should be raised are over. I can see both sets of grandparents offering suggestions, but I don't think William and Catherine will allow the grandparents the kind of power the poll questions alluded to.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Gentry

My bet is a baby boy after 20th of July
Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Courtier

William and Kate are going to raise their baby their own way. Kate can't really take the next 10 years off to raise baby c. But she doesn't have to do 500 engagements a year . She can do 10 a month or so and still take care of baby c. I don't think that once baby c comes home it will passed off to a nanny. Someone will have to babysit from time to time, that could be housekeeper, auntie Pippa, uncles Harry & James or grandparents.

I would think that baby c will spend time with Mike and Carole and Charles and Camilla without Will & Kate. We have already seen the Cambridges spend time with Kate's family along with the royal family. It is easier for them to leave the baby with Kate's parents when they go on tours instead of with Charles because of his schedule. The baby is also going to spend time with the queen and prince Phillip as he/she gets a little bigger. Imagine August up in balmoral playing with the Phillips and Tindall cousins.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Lets get real. They are going to have a nanny. She isnt having a nursery nurse ( early stages only, Diana had one). But there will be a proper nanny which means the child will have consistency. Aunts,uncles and grandparents are not consistent, as they tend to spoil the child or have their own viewpoint. A child handed from one to another would have a miserable time.

This is NOT a normal child.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Gentry

The Grand Empress Victoria The Mostly Victorious

I love it!!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Gentry

I can't find the new Baby Cambridge forum on my iPad... Can someone help?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

"Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1h As day 13 draws to an end I leave my American friends with all that's left to discuss...it's St like hint not Saint like faint. #StMarys" Twitter

Off topic, but I have to ask. Is Saint always sin/sint in Great Britain? I thought not. Is there any way to know what to use when?

And we have all discovered a new reason why we should be happy we are not paps. I have wondered if the press is, overall, gaining weight or losing it while on stake out. Or as they are are now calling it, on the Great Kate Wait.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 07-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
I can't find the new Baby Cambridge forum on my iPad... Can someone help?
It's under "Stickies" rather than "Threads".
Old 07-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
...Is Saint always sin/sint in Great Britain? I thought not. Is there any way to know what to use when?
I would say that when abreviated it is sint. I would say sintmary's. however.
, if it was Saint Mary's. then Id pronounce as written.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Of course they will have a nanny but I think Kate and William will be very hands on and even with a nanny the baby can stay with their grandparents. I don't think Kate will be doing a heap of engagements once William leaves the RAF he will do more and they might do what Edward and Sophie did always make sure one parent was home as much as possible. I would think by now William and Kate know how they want the baby raised and will do it their own way. They don't need either set of Grandparents sticking their noses in. I think William will be a great dad he has such a natural way with kids like his mother did and then there is Uncle Harry who I think is going to adore this baby. The Great Kate Wait sounds good I wondered how long before they came up with a tag. LOL And yes the Daily Mail are saying Kate is now a day overdue. LOL
Old 07-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Talk about Kate getting revenge after being called waity kaity.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It is easier for them to leave the baby with Kate's parents when they go on tours instead of with Charles because of his schedule.
Michael & Carole Middleton work. Their jobs are not as high profile as Charles & Camilla but they still work and I'd bet that they work more than 40 hours a week. Yes, their company is based out of their home but I'd wager a guess that the home office set up is similar to that of Clarence House. The living quarters for the family are separate from the company work space. The idea that their schedule or office set-up somehow makes it easier to leave Baby C with them rather than Charles/Camilla is preposterous.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

This child is going to have a nanny at some point. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing either - William had good relationships with his nannies, so I doubt he views it too negatively.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge