The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Is anyone else tired of the headlines already? I think the reporters have already reached a limit. Yesterday's story of the baby being the 23rd cousin of Beyoncé's Blue Ivy twice removed was absolutely hilarious! Like we wouldn't all be related if you dig hard enough.
Yes, the reporters are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now! Prince William is my 10th cousin (through Diana's American ancestors), but that is still distant.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kathleen View Post
Yes, the reporters are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now! Prince William is my 10th cousin (through Diana's American ancestors), but that is still distant.
Wow, that's cool

Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Majesty

ITV 1's Program "Royal Babies" will be starting in a few minutes-
tvpc.com - ITV-1

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolbabe View Post
Are you being serious?? you obviously have not seen any pregnancy pics of her.
Here's a pic that shows her bump clearly....Google Image Result for http://redcfa.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Catherine-Duchess-of-Cambridge-In-Tara-Jarmon-Naomi-House-Visit.jpg
As the mother of two the tell tale sign in the photo is not the bump, but the "padding" that shows up on the hips and backside when a woman is expecting. That is where the extra fat is being stored so a woman will be able to nurse her child after giving birth.

Kate does not have much, but it is there.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Some trolls have been putting this story around twitter for a while.

This is one of the reasons I think Twitter is mindless crap. No one every queries anything, there is just general acceptance. No one ever says "How do you know that? What is your source?" THINK people!!!
I know of a board where the this is the lead story.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Majesty

She's a good looking pregnant woman.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Gentry

I want this baby to be born as soon as possible . I can't take any more of these idiotic articles
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentino1012 View Post
is it true that they used a surrogate? can't blame Kate. She has a fab figure, wouldn't ruin it for a baby if I was her.
I bet the baby girl will be born on Camillas birthday and it will look like Diana. <333
This rumour is kind of sad - and about up there with the whole "Harry isn't Charles' child" or "William's swimmers don't work, so Harry fathered the baby" stuff.

While adoption or surrogacy is, of course, an available option to royals, an adopted child or one born via a surrogate wouldn't be eligible to inherit. The only children able to inherit the throne of Great Britain are the legitimately born, blood descendants of Sophie of Hanover. A child who is adopted or born via a surrogate doesn't meet those requirements - an adopted child is not a blood descendant, and a child born via a surrogate does not have two biological parents who are married.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
I find the stories of the Cambridges using a surrogate laughable even if she has been one of the slimmest pregnant ladies around and only looked pregnant in the last couple of months. I doubt they would be able to keep such a thing a secret, surely it would leak out. Besides, that would be a first - such a thing has probably never been done before in the royal circles.
Actually, rumours that a royal baby wasn't actually a royal baby have happened before. When James II's son, James the Old Pretender, was born, it was said that the king's child had been stillborn and another baby slipped in to cover it up so that a Catholic son would one day inherit, instead of James' Protestant daughter.

The bed pan baby idea was one that was so frightening that royal births (up until, I believe Charles' birth) were all witnessed by government ministers so that they could be assured that the child born was in fact royal.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
This rumour is kind of sad - and about up there with the whole "Harry isn't Charles' child" or "William's swimmers don't work, so Harry fathered the baby" stuff.

While adoption or surrogacy is, of course, an available option to royals, an adopted child or one born via a surrogate wouldn't be eligible to inherit. The only children able to inherit the throne of Great Britain are the legitimately born, blood descendants of Sophie of Hanover. A child who is adopted or born via a surrogate doesn't meet those requirements - an adopted child is not a blood descendant, and a child born via a surrogate does not have two biological parents who are married.
I agree the story is ludicrous......but things would get a bit murky if Williams sperm fertilzed Catherines egg which was then implanted into a surrogate. The biological parents would be William & Catherine, they just would have used a rented womb to carry the child for 9 months,
Old 07-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolbabe View Post
Is it only me who everytime the news channels say..... we have breaking news coming, my heart does a little jump with excitement and then its nothing... Yet!
Everytime I see a Breaking News I expect it to be about Kate going into labour. I don't want to miss this.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

I agree the story is ludicrous......but things would get a bit murky if Williams sperm fertilzed Catherines egg which was then implanted into a surrogate. The biological parents would be William & Catherine, they just would have used a rented womb to carry the child for 9 months,
There's a couple ways it could go:
- problem's with Kate's womb that causes her to be unable to carry a child, in which case they're renting a womb
- problems with Kate that prevents her from conceiving, that causes them to buy eggs
- problems with William that prevents him from conceiving that causes them to buy sperm
- some combination of the above

I think if a couple rents a womb but the child is biologically theirs then the kid should be eligible for inheriting whatever (thrones, titles, what have you), but it's kind of murky, and even more so if one of them is unable to conceive (especially if it's the royal parent).
Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
As the mother of two the tell tale sign in the photo is not the bump, but the "padding" that shows up on the hips and backside when a woman is expecting. That is where the extra fat is being stored so a woman will be able to nurse her child after giving birth.

Kate does not have much, but it is there.
yep, I know all about that extra padding around the hips and backside
Also, her face is a lot fuller.

One thing is certain is that this child will be born before 27th July. Doctors will not allow a pregnancy to go over 42 weeks.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

Actually, rumours that a royal baby wasn't actually a royal baby have happened before. When James II's son, James the Old Pretender, was born, it was said that the king's child had been stillborn and another baby slipped in to cover it up so that a Catholic son would one day inherit, instead of James' Protestant daughter.

The bed pan baby idea was one that was so frightening that royal births (up until, I believe Charles' birth) were all witnessed by government ministers so that they could be assured that the child born was in fact royal.
I've always found this particularly ironic, considering there were actually around 60 people present at the birth of James II's son, including several government ministers.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post

I've always found this particularly ironic, considering there were actually around 60 people present at the birth of James II's son, including several government ministers.
I agree. But at the same time perpetuating the rumour was what helped the Glorious Revolution, so there's that.

The people who were behind spreading it were the ones who just wanted to get rid of James and his Catholic family.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Just checking in to see if anyone's head has exploded...
I love it!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post

One thing is certain is that this child will be born before 27th July. Doctors will not allow a pregnancy to go over 42 weeks.
We don't know the actual due date, so before July 27th is not a certainty. The due date could be July 20th, for all we know.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
yep, I know all about that extra padding around the hips and backside
Also, her face is a lot fuller.

LOL I was absolutely shocked when it happened to me. Suddenly I had padding where it had never been before.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I love it!

Better to check over at the Daily Mail offices.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Nobility

So they are really going to Australia and New Zealand With Baby Cambridge? That's nice, but is this arranged on purpose or what?

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge