The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I too was going to suggest Andrew as the family photographer so that the images are controlled and the baby left alone...But perhaps his latest debacle will not allow them to use him?

Also, his closeness to his X-wife could be an issue for the Queen?

Kate is supposedly a photographer. Kate could use timer shots to include herself in the photos. I have done it successfully. She of course should be able to photograph baby (with Willl or without) and make chosen images available for media release on the condition that the media leave them alone.
I still think despite his problem's Andrew is the best option as he has done several family photoshoots before and it would be nice for him to have done Louise's and baby Cambridge's first photo's. It would also mean the family would be more relaxed it if it was with a family member, which is why Edward and Sophie chose Andrew.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

Lots of people have public and private blogs about their kids and family life. This would be a good idea for this baby - satisfying public curiosity so hopefully paps don't feel the need to chase the child down everywhere.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Lots of people have public and private blogs about their kids and family life. This would be a good idea for this baby - satisfying public curiosity so hopefully paps don't feel the need to chase the child down everywhere.
Please god no! Next thing someone will suggest this baby has it's own twitter account. Beyond the babies sex, name and first picture there's nothing else to be curious about.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Please god no! Next thing someone will suggest this baby has it's own twitter account. Beyond the babies sex, name and first picture there's nothing else to be curious about.
I've no doubt the baby's parents feel the same way, but again we have the right to privacy bumping up against expectations of privacy. I think public curiosity will have to be satisfied in some sort of way, and this would be one way of doing it. Far less of a chance of some pap trying to photograph into the baby's room with some James Bond type technology that can see through walls.

The first royal to achieve celebrity status in that the press was interested in her every move was Baby Betty, circa 1926. She and Uncle David were the first royals to obtain that dubious dual status of royal/celebrity. Now there's no turning back. The Queen Mother did it right - she sanctioned a book or two to be written about her daughters' life. All rosy pablum for the masses, the dissemination of which would have caused a stroke in Victoria, but I think it was the right decision.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I've no doubt the baby's parents feel the same way, but again we have the right to privacy bumping up against expectations of privacy. I think public curiosity will have to be satisfied in some sort of way, and this would be one way of doing it. Far less of a chance of some pap trying to photograph into the baby's room with some James Bond type technology that can see through walls.
That's not a way to satisfy curiosity. This isn't right vs expectation. There is no way a member of the paparazzi is going to get past the gates of any palace, and should he/she, they'll be arrested for breaking and entering.

The public will get, the sex, the name, a few photos at birth and then at the christening. We will then probably get family portraits. That is all we should get in regards to this child. Frankly nobody gives a damn about anything else, do they? There is no curiosity that you speak of.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with LQ - there is no curiosity to speak of.

However, the media may think differently and push this; smart-alecs will set up twitter accounts as Baby Cambridge (if it hasn't been done already) to tell us about his/her life - and on it goes.....

An example is the news reports on Pippa Middleton - 95% of the comments are "we are not interested" and it still persists.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I'm voting for kitties!!!

The Child probably won't wear Baby Dior, but to me, they have the cutest clothes.
Baby Dior do have cute clothes. Moschino and Zara also have nice children's wear.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Baby Dior do have cute clothes. Moschino and Zara also have nice children's wear.
One thing I know. the child will do what a baby does best and that is eat, sleep and mess a diaper. if its a boy, Kate will learn early on how to aim the free squirt.

With the fast growth of infants, i bet they go with standard onesies.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

GAP has cute baby clothes :)

I really hope it's a girl :)
Old 02-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
GAP has cute baby clothes :)
They have a beautiful Peter Rabbit collection at the minute! Promoting my own place of work now.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
They have a beautiful Peter Rabbit collection at the minute! Promoting my own place of work now.
Yes, apart from my absolute certainty that baby giraffes is the only motif suitable for the future monarch, traditional Beatrix Potter collections are a close second for a baby.

I can just see the baby's nursery now, Flopsy, Mopsy, Peter Cottontail and Gracie Giraffe. Perfect!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Awww, how cute would it be if Baby Cambridge had Peter Rabit wall stickers in it's nursery? I also agree with Gracie Giraffe, a giraffe motif would also be cute in the royal nursery; plus they're common nursery decorations if it's going to be animal themed.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
If I were William and Kate, I'd make good use of 'their' website Homepage .

I'd have Kate get out her camera and have her (and William) take candids and post one or two photos on their website - every week or so. Furthermore, I'd make money off the pics (the way the paps do) and donate that money directly to their charities.

Beat the paps at their own game, as it were.
Not a bad idea. A way to make everyone happy (and hopefully get the press off of their backs for a while).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I do think it is a bad idea. Rainier & Grace used their children for publicity purposes and it just created a feeding frenzy for more and more pics and their children continue to pay the price. Give the papers auithorized pics just makes the unauthorized "candid" pics even more valuable to get.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I agree with LQ - there is no curiosity to speak of.

However, the media may think differently and push this; smart-alecs will set up twitter accounts as Baby Cambridge (if it hasn't been done already) to tell us about his/her life - and on it goes.....

An example is the news reports on Pippa Middleton - 95% of the comments are "we are not interested" and it still persists.
I disagree; I think there will be an almost unlimited amount of curiosity regarding the smallest details of the baby's life, in the same way there is with his/her parents and the rest of their family. People may say they're not interested in Pippa Middleton, (or whoever), but by their own actions they prove that's not true - all of the 'not interested' comments on websites like the DM, for example, come from people who help make the DM some money by going to the website and looking at the pictures. That's all the media cares about.

I think William and Catherine should follow the example of Frederik and Mary of Denmark in exposing their child(ren) to the press. Relatively frequent and well controlled photoshoots, as well as occasional candid shots on the royal website, (so that seeing the baby isn't like spotting a unicorn), with the expectation of the child being left alone at other times.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Royal Highness

Now that Kate's about four months gone, I suppose she's feeling that baby moving around.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, first kick at four months.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Courtier

I was searching online and came across this on ABC. The Royal Bump, Day by Day - ABC News
Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I dont know hwat is worse, the fact it was written or the fact I tried to view it. Happily, in the long run, none of the pix could be seen. And I shouldn't have looked.

I've never had a child born and grow up. But when it happens it is surrounded by love and joy. And there is none of that in the reports that are being written. They are voyeuristic and somehow creepy, like invading a woman's privacy.

I'm very uncomfortable with how this is going in the media.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

It really was a pretty innocuous "fluff" piece, certainly not detailing her pregnancy day by day, only talking about how what maternity fashions she wears will sell out, like all the other fashions she wears, because she buys off the rack.
The most interesting part of the piece was the mention of a show of sketches by Diana's maternity fashion designer Bellevile Sassoon in London this summer.They also have notes on them from Diana who was concerned about her maternity fashion.
Jackie Kennedy was also followed very closely during her very public pregnancies and her fashion choices created major trends.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge