Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, since I'm 2 hours behind the action, does anybody know if they actually went to the hospital or instead to KP? They should have been there an hour ago, right?[/QUOTE]

No they've not turned up yet! Still in KP possibly!

I mentioned a couple of days ago that back on 1/14/13, it was announced that the Cambridges were expecting a baby in July. This announcement followed her 12 week scan. If the week of 1/14 was week 13 of the pregnancy this week is week 39. Based on these dates I'm guessing she's @ the end of week 39, or if the 12 week scan was a few days earlier she's even into week 40. So, any day now, IMO.

I don't think any media have a clue where they are now. They could have driven to KP or to St Marys or they could just have left the Middletons for a quiet drive in the countryside and may popped over to Windsor to visit grand dad Philip.

Strange. The London correspondent said it would take an hour to get there. What's the traffic like?
Maybe they arrived but no one noticed? I doubt they would go through the main entrance.

Strange. The London correspondent said it would take an hour to get there. What's the traffic like?
Maybe they arrived but no one noticed? I doubt they would go through the main entrance.

The first and only time we will know they are there is when there is more security around the door and more police officers too. Also it will be on the news channels in the UK, which it hasn't been! So obviously not in labour yet!

The first and only time we will know they are there is when there is more security around the door and more police officers too. Also it will be on the news channels in the UK, which it hasn't been! So obviously not in labour yet!

And because the royal family will announce that she was admitted to hospital

On the live streaming a French-speaking reporter was overheard saying "it's time for good now" and added " a busy night ahead".

I wonder who that guy in the suit is.... he looks important!?

Never mind he went away!!!

Last edited:
Does it matter if it's 2 hours late? Everyone else is reporting on what Twitter and tabloids like USWeekly and Mail Online are saying as if it was gospel.

Apparently, they were just confirming what everyone else had speculated.

However, MSNBC is one of the three major cable news corporations in the US (the others are Fox News and CNN) and they decided to open one of their major programs (Andrea Mitchell Reports, 1PM est) with a "breaking news" report about them leaving for London.

The only reason I even brought it up is because it was the first time I had seen MSNBC mention it in a "breaking news" prompt, even before stories about Detroit going bankrupt and Obama's remarks on the Zimmerman trial. It's not my fault they were 2 hours late in reporting this. I'm nowhere near London at this time and I prefer to believe them over "reports" from Twitter, the Daily Mail online or USWeekly that we now know to be false.

Besides, since I'm 2 hours behind the action, does anybody know if they actually went to the hospital or instead to KP? They should have been there an hour ago, right?

I'm lost - are they speculating she's having it now?

Is it normal for police officers to walk along side the hospital this often? I've see two officers twice now...

Twitter is indicating increased police activity at hospital for past few hours. I'm assuming that the police presence was going to increase BEFORE she arrived (ideally), and that she will arrive for an induction possibly either late tonight, or very early tomorrow. The timing of the induction depends on how ready she is to give birth, and hopefully timed so that HM will not have to be awakened. All an estimate on the part of the attending physicians. Press and public will not be alerted until police satisfied area is secure and all personnel in place (and Kate has been safely tucked into her suite).

Source; My Own Head. :p

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
I forgot to mention earlier, Prince William is now on annual leave. He won't need to return to his job at RAF Valley until after the birth.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
William will take his statutory two weeks paternity leave once the baby is born.

Twitter is indicating increased police activity at hospital for past few hours. I'm assuming that the police presence was going to increase BEFORE she arrived (ideally), and that she will arrive for an induction possibly either late tonight, or very early tomorrow. The timing of the induction depends on how ready she is to give birth, and hopefully timed so that HM will not have to be awakened. All an estimate on the part of the attending physicians. Press and public will not be alerted until police satisfied area is secure and all personnel in place (and Kate has been safely tucked into her suite).

Source; My Own Head. :p

why would she be induced, when its not known when her due date is, it's possible hrer due date is only today!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m
I forgot to mention earlier, Prince William is now on annual leave. He won't need to return to his job at RAF Valley until after the birth.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
William will take his statutory two weeks paternity leave once the baby is born.

Even greater indication I'm right on the induction this evening. :cool:

why would she be induced, when its not known when her due date is, it's possible hrer due date is only today!

Without going into too much detail, if the mother's body is "ready", i.e., head engaged and cervix ready, people are induced before a due date for a variety of reasons, ranging from convenience to medical reasons. I was scheduled for an induction the week before my due date (but he came even earlier than that).

Without going into too much detail, if the mother's body is "ready", i.e., head engaged and cervix ready, people are induced before a due date for a variety of reasons, ranging from convenience to medical reasons. I was scheduled for an induction the week before my due date (but he came even earlier than that).

true! you could be right

My cousin who is expecting her second child on on December 27th (her birthday) plans to be induced a week early so the child can have it own birthday and the fact that she does not want to spend Christmas in hospital and Doctors don't want to work on Christmas either, they want to be with their Famines.

My cousin who is expecting her second child on on December 27th (her birthday) plans to be induced a week early so the child can have it own birthday and the fact that she does not want to spend Christmas in hospital and Doctors don't want to work on Christmas either, they want to be with their Famines.

Four years ago my sister was induced a week early and my nephew was born healthily. four years later again my sister had an scheduled c section yesterday and my second nephew was born!!!

In this case, I can see a scheduled induction because, as I mentioned, the monumental effort of having all of the necessary security in place, and all persons who must be notified, etc. Much safer to have it all assembled at leisure than scurrying over in some Hollywood type scenario.

In this case, I can see a scheduled induction because, as I mentioned, the monumental effort of having all of the necessary security in place, and all persons who must be notified, etc. Much safer to have it all assembled at leisure than scurrying over in some Hollywood type scenario.

Good point and I could see that. Was this why Diana was induced? Or is that not true.

Of course no one actually knows when her due date was so it is only speculation when it comes to saying she is being induced for any reason at all.

Of course no one actually knows when her due date was so it is only speculation when it comes to saying she is being induced for any reason at all.

Oh, yes, I've said my source was my own head. This just seems the most logical scenario to me. Whether it's tonight or just some sort of dry run is another matter.

I've said it before, saying it again, induction should not be used for anything other than medical reasons. For convenience is not a medical reason.

I remember that being the same reaction before Kate and William's wedding...it was said that only the media and Americans were excited. In fact, many were speculating that few would turn out to see them get married, but that turned out not to be the case.

Like others have said, there is no baby yet so there is really nothing to get excited about. I'm sure when the baby is born, there will be a bit more excitement.

Does anybody remember what was the case during Diana's pregnancy and before the actual birth of William? Where native people as cynic for the upcoming event, or more expressively looking forward to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom