The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: In the spring, Catherine and William will become the proud parents of bouncing baby..
Boy! 28 25.45%
Girl! 67 60.91%
Twins! Monaco and Belgium have nothing on Great Britain! 3 2.73%
As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter. 12 10.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
'Kate Middleton is having a girl on Saturday' spirit of Princess Diana tells clairvoyant

Royal birth: 'Kate Middleton is having a baby girl on Saturday' Diana tells clairvoyant | Royal | News | Daily Express
Sure and Kate gave birth on July 1st to a daughter that William named Diana and the RF forced W&K to give up the baby. Or is it that George is really a girl born on July 1st and his real name is Diana.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate had tea with Guy Pelly and his wife. Rumor has it that he'll be named godparent to the new #RoyalBaby2

Old 04-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Kate had tea with Guy Pelly and his wife. Rumor has it that he'll be named godparent to the new #RoyalBaby2
Where did you read that?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Is this the same Guy Pelly who filmed racy commercials for his club in front of Buckingham Palace?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Is this the same Guy Pelly who filmed racy commercials for his club in front of Buckingham Palace?
I believe so. Its also the same Guy Pelly that recently had his wedding in Tennessee if I remember right. He's been close friends with William and Harry for years although I doubt anyone would call him a friend with a reserved nature.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I believe so. Its also the same Guy Pelly that recently had his wedding in Tennessee if I remember right. He's been close friends with William and Harry for years although I doubt anyone would call him a friend with a reserved nature.

Oh goodie, the perfect person to guide and instruct the royal child.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

I've no doubt that William and Harry have enjoyed Pelly's friendship. But they have plenty of (more reserved) friends to choose from when it comes to a godparent relationship! In other words- don't get a new tie for the occasion just yet, Guy.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe Guy also has at least one drunk driving conviction. I think stories about his being a godparent are just meant to rile up people -but hey, you never know.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

As recent history as shown us Windsor men have a habit of sticking with friends with reputations and not seeming to care what people think. I would not be suprized if Pelly is a godparent to this or maybe the next.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I believe Guy also has at least one drunk driving conviction. I think stories about his being a godparent are just meant to rile up people -but hey, you never know.
Ah the recklessness of being young and adventurous and sometimes down right stupid. To those that know him well, he might have some very redeeming qualities they admire and would like their children to be able to emulate.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

He has 3 drunk driving convictions. The last one got him a 2.5 year ban from driving. So many other people that they can choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

If they want him they should pick him. He is one of thier closest friends after.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I've no doubt that William and Harry have enjoyed Pelly's friendship. But they have plenty of (more reserved) friends to choose from when it comes to a godparent relationship!
I get what you're saying. I think one can compare Pelly to Crown Princess Mary of Denmark's open-mouthed friend, Amber Petty. Petty was her bridesmaid, they see each other privately, but she wasn't chosen as godmother to either of the four children. Don't know if Pelly's, eh, nature will prevent William and Catherine from choosing him as godfather though.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Ah the recklessness of being young and adventurous and sometimes down right stupid. To those that know him well, he might have some very redeeming qualities they admire and would like their children to be able to emulate.
For a man in Will's position to chose a guy with three drunk driving convictions to be a godparent, they'd have to be very redeeming qualities.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

At least on the site I looked at, Sam Waley-Cohen is now even money to be a grandparent.

Guy is off at 6:1. Bea is at 1:4, Hugh Van Cutsem 1:3 and Peter Phillips 5:6. The house always wins, you know.

I'm just imagining how much they have made already on due dates that have passed.

I looked at To Be A Godparent - Royal Specials Betting

I had never noticed this emoticon - but it sure fits how we feel about this baby being born:
Old 04-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie is also hoping the baby is a little girl..

Paris Match

Quote:
She said the industry was surely “keeping its proverbial fingers crossed that it’s a girl,” and predicts “a mass explosion of pink Champagne if it happens. A baby princess would be a welcome addition to the fashion coffers. Mind you, Prince George isn’t doing too badly, either,” she said during the reception. Sophie also stressed that she did not have the inside track on the baby’s sex.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Where did you read that?
On twitter.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

So..Are white tights and Mary Janes and dressing conservatively going to be all rage if a baby princess is born? Because you know that is the style she will almost certainly sport. And that would not be a thing at all :)
Old 04-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
So..Are white tights and Mary Janes and dressing conservatively going to be all rage if a baby princess is born? Because you know that is the style she will almost certainly sport. And that would not be a thing at all :)
Other royal princesses wear white tights and Mary Janes currently so it wouldn't be a shock. Princess Estelle and Princess Leonore wear them a lot (today for example Leonore is wearing white tights and silver Mary-Janes).

The British royals do dress their children much more conservatively and some would say "old fashioned" but it's not necessarily a bad thing. (Lady Louise is different as I still don't think she should be wearing white tights and Mary Janes at 11...but that's another story altogether.)
Old 04-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Yes. That would not be a bad thing at all is what I wanted to say. Important word missing there! Seriously, what ever this maybe princess wears is going to be the thing for manny many babies and little girls so bring it on!

Closed Thread

Tags
cambridge, catherine, george, kate, william