The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: In the spring, Catherine and William will become the proud parents of bouncing baby..
Boy! 28 25.45%
Girl! 67 60.91%
Twins! Monaco and Belgium have nothing on Great Britain! 3 2.73%
As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter. 12 10.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope they have a girl, and that she will excel at mathematics and grow up to join the military and become a fighter pilot.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:02 AM
Courtier

I hope they have a boy, and he becomes the male version of Princess Anne.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Let's get back on topic thank you.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:32 AM
Courtier

People are saying she is carrying the same way as she did with George.

How is she supposed to be carrying if it is a GIRL?

Surely it makes no difference either way!

All the media outlets are saying its a GIRL, and I believe that it will be too!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Serene Highness

The British Royal family are not exactly wild and crazy guys. The Corgis would be aghast at such a thought.

Anyway This princess obsession is bizarre to me so I just hope they have a healthy baby period.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

All the media was saying it was a girl last time and George popped out. The media is always going to say girl because princesses are more interesting to cover than princes with the hair, fashion, weight etc. The main coverage of a prince is who he dates not himself.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it has more to do with the fact that there hasn't been a new born British princess born since Beatrice and Eugeine came about in '88' and '90'. Who wouldn't want to see a new princess in the British royal family. Media's interest in their fashion, hair and weight don't come about until their teens. It's going to happen no matter what.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

You can use the same logic with the lead up to George it was even longer 1984 since a prince was born (ignoring Louise and James since they don't use their HRH) but the run up to George was girl, girl, girl.

It's not like there hasn't been a plethora of boys in George's generation- he is the only one to three girls.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-21-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
People are saying she is carrying the same way as she did with George.

How is she supposed to be carrying if it is a GIRL?

Surely it makes no difference either way!

All the media outlets are saying its a GIRL, and I believe that it will be too!
Some people believe a female baby is carried higher, a male lower. I have no idea.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact that there hasn't been a new born British princess born since Beatrice and Eugeine came about in '88' and '90'. Who wouldn't want to see a new princess in the British royal family. Media's interest in their fashion, hair and weight don't come about until their teens. It's going to happen no matter what.
Technically Lady Louise should be a princess, being a granddaughter of the sovereign in male line just like Beatrice and Eugene.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Hopefully The Duchess of Cambridge hasn't bough any clothes yet if she doesn't know gender especially if buy girls clothes and she has another Boy.

Savannah Guthrie who Co-anchor TODAY gave Birth to A Girl last year. Peoples had her so convinced that she was having a Boy that she went out and bought Boys clothe.

By the way Savannah carried high. I have a Cousin who had a Boy a month ago and she carried low. So it hard to say.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Florentin Collomp ‏@fcollomp 6 h6 ore fa
La police va installer des barrières devant l'hôpital St Mary de Londres le 16 avril, bonne indication de la date d'arrivée de #RoyalBaby2.

This twwet claims the police will start presiding the Lindo Wing the 26th April.

Anyone knows if that's true?
Old 03-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will we have online camera again?
Old 03-23-2015, 06:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Hopefully The Duchess of Cambridge hasn't bough any clothes yet if she doesn't know gender especially if buy girls clothes and she has another Boy.
A lesson that new Mums should stick to white or other gender neutral colours for baby clothes.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Florentin Collomp ‏@fcollomp 6 h6 ore fa
La police va installer des barrières devant l'hôpital St Mary de Londres le 16 avril, bonne indication de la date d'arrivée de #RoyalBaby2.

This twwet claims the police will start presiding the Lindo Wing the 26th April.

Anyone knows if that's true?
The police don't show up and guard the Lindo Wing Entrance until Catherine has checked into the hospital and in labor.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-23-2015, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I still think (or hope) it's a girl. I think a new Princess in the BRF would be lovely. I've never believed the old theories about predicting the sex of the child because of how the mother is carrying him or her.

I think there will still be media outside the hospital (which I think will be the Lindo Wing again, unless there are any last minute changes due to practicality) and an online camera and all that sort of stuff, but I don't think the media coverage will be as "wide" as it was with George. Most of my friends didn't realise that Catherine was expecting again until a couple of months after her second pregnancy was announced.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Unless you read American tabloids which have announced her going into labor already with a pink nursery all set for baby Diana...
Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Unless you read American tabloids which have announced her going into labor already with a pink nursery all set for baby Diana...

Oh, this is certainly a good source for a laugh. One of the reasons I stay away from any and all gossip rags; they're full of idiocy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The police don't show up and guard the Lindo Wing Entrance until Catherine has checked into the hospital and in labor.
Although this is true (unless the media cause a disturbance!) - the first sign is when the notice which suspends parking is posted. For George, it was the 1st July

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/...8&h=514&crop=1

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-23-2015, 08:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Although this is true (unless the media cause a disturbance!) - the first sign is when the notice which suspends parking is posted. For George, it was the 1st July

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/...8&h=514&crop=1
I think April first, things will kick off.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
cambridge, catherine, george, kate, william