The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: In the spring, Catherine and William will become the proud parents of bouncing baby..
Boy! 28 25.45%
Girl! 67 60.91%
Twins! Monaco and Belgium have nothing on Great Britain! 3 2.73%
As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter. 12 10.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
"Caroline" doesn't sound very royal
Caroline is actually the name of a notable Queen consort. Caroline of Ansbach, the wife of King George ii, so it would be entirely appropriate if the Cambridges chose to name a daughter thus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_of_Ansbach

Old 11-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
"Caroline" doesn't sound very royal to me.
Royals don't think so.
it was name of two British queens and several princesses.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe it will be a girl they will perhaps called her Mary, as the grandmother of Queen Elisabeth II, the queen Mary.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

I think it's going to be born a girl.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Courtier

gender- I don't know but I hope it's a boy. The british press treats men much better than women.

name- Plenty of options. I'm going to narrow it down to Philip, Arthur, Fredrick, Robert or Leopold.

godparents-
godmothers- Trini Lough, Lucy Middleton, Emma Probert
godfathers- James Meade, Harry Aubrey-Flecther, Willem Marx, Mark Tomlinson
Old 11-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Royals don't think so.
it was name of two British queens and several princesses.
The two queens you mention married into the family, rather than being born into it. And, as far as I know, no daughter of a British monarch has been named Caroline at least since the days of Queen Victoria.

Victoria, Louise, Beatrice, Alice, Helena, Mary, Anne, Maud, Margaret, or Elizabeth represent the current dynasty much better than Caroline.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The two queens you mention married into the family, rather than being born into it. And, as far as I know, no daughter of a British monarch has been named Caroline at least since the days of Queen Victoria.

Victoria, Louise, Beatrice, Alice, Helena, Mary, Anne, Maud, Margaret, or Elizabeth represent the current dynasty much better than Caroline.

They won't name her Caroline, as Carole Middleton gets enough flak.

I'm thinking of the tragic Caroline Matilda - so what if it hasn't been used since before Queen Victoria - neither was the name Elizabeth or Charles or Anne or Andrew. Since then it's been used as a middle name - Victoria's daughter Louise was Louise Caroline Alberta, I believe.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

I guessed the sex of Baby 1 right, so I have the feeling it's a girl this time
A new British Princess would be very exciting.
My favs would be Victoria Adelaide Mary Caroline.

Godparents: since George got Zara, I think they will have a male relative for a girl. Maybe Peter? Or even James Middleton?

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 11-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, a new British Princess who will be high profile would be great!
Old 11-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy

I'm guessing this baby will be a girl. In fact, I'm sure. And the name will be Alice Carole Louise. There will be no Diana in her name because I think Harry has requested that his daughter get that name. It would be far less of a burden on Harry's daughter than on William's girl.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think any of their staff or protection officers would be godparents. Jamie was an exception because he was a mentor/father figure to William and was with him for a long time.

While they weren't George's godparents, Pippa and Harry could be especially helpful with baby 2 since they are both baby 2 themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Is the baby due beginning/middle/end of April?

If the press start camping out on the 1st of April, and it arrives on the 30th of April, its going to be a long month for all the hospital staff!!

Kate had a girl, then I woke up and realised it was just a dream!!
Old 12-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Saw a report on my scrolls through current events which stated that Pippa has thrown Kate an all pink baby shower and that Kate has been having recurring dreams of a baby girl.

As I don't believe one word of it, I didn't bother to post a link to it. Just shows that already the press is picking up the pace on baby watch. I'll believe what the child is when the birth is announced.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Is the baby due beginning/middle/end of April?

If the press start camping out on the 1st of April, and it arrives on the 30th of April, its going to be a long month for all the hospital staff!!
let's hope for bad weather

I hope it's a boy . Boys have it easier in life .
Old 12-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm thinking a girl this time. As for godparents, I'm thinking Harry, James or Pippa might be in the mix.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Courtier

After seeing Kate on 25 December, 14, a baby girl is definitely on the way!! She's as thin as a pencil indicating its a girl! She was much bigger with George at 5 months!!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Every pregnancy is different. I don't think how a woman carries or her appearance is that reliable a judge.
If the baby is a girl, I see them stopping. They will have one of each and with her pregnancy history she very probably won't want to go through it again. If it is another boy I hope she won't be pressured by the press or family into trying again and be happy with two healthy children. And two children seems the magic number for British Royals now.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
After seeing Kate on 25 December, 14, a baby girl is definitely on the way!! She's as thin as a pencil indicating its a girl! She was much bigger with George at 5 months!!

She was?
I thought she didn't really get very big throughout the pregnancy, until right near the end. And George was quite a large baby.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

I was very surprised Harry wasn't godparent for George.

I'm hoping to see Harry as godparent to baby 2.

Also I don't think Pippa will be godmother, if Kate chooses someone from her family I believe it'll be James. Pippa got to be bridesmaid and I think she'll want to honour her other sibling too.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not surprised about Harry not being George's godparent. Look at William's godparents- no aunts or uncles but a close cousin of his father -Alexandria. W&K did the same with Zara. Harry comes along as the spare and one of his godfathers is Andrew also the spare. If this baby is a boy, who makes a perfect godfather but Harry who knows what it's like to be the spare.

Closed Thread

Tags
cambridge, catherine, george, kate, william