Baby Cambridge 2: Guess the Sex of the Baby and Potential Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the spring, Catherine and William will become the proud parents of bouncing baby..

• Boy!

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Girl!

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Twins! Monaco and Belgium have nothing on Great Britain!

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter.

Votes: 12 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKCambridgeConjugalArmsmedium.jpg

While reviewing the thread on potential names for Baby Cambridge 2, I realized that we neglected to include options for guessing the sex of the baby as well potential godparents. So feel free to share your guesses!

Last edited:
Baby GIRL - Princess Margaret Rose

All the magazine covers are saying its a GIRL, so maybe it is!!

My vote goes to another boy for Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
I think prince George will have a little baby brother.

While it doesn’t matter I’m hoping for a girl.

I am also nearly sure Kate will have another baby boy.

In this case, they will be probably try for another baby.

I always wonder why people think oh its a girl oh its a boy. I'm just going by the magazine covers!

So if a girl, they'll stop at 2, and if a boy, they'll go for 3? Interesting!

I'm not sure if they will try for a third child after two hg-pregnancies ... (or to say it with most beloved Jane Austen: of some delightes a little goes a long way... ;))

I am also nearly sure Kate will have another baby boy.

In this case, they will be probably try for another baby.

I believe they will try for a third baby either way. William and Kate have repeatedly said they favor large families. The Queen herself had 4 children.

Yes, but William and Kate did say, apparently, that they didn't want to be old parents. Of course 'old' is a relative term but by the time Kate produces her second baby she will be 33. William did tell someone a couple of years ago that they would like two children. Plus, perhaps Kate wouldn't want to undergo a third bout of HG.

Anyway, I believe it will be another boy, and I don't think Guy Pelly will be a choice for a godfather! I wished for one royal godparent for George, a future king, but it didn't happen. With this second child, godparents will come from the ranks of the couple's friends, as George's largely did. Tom van Sraubenzee, perhaps.

I really hope it is a girl but if I were to place a bet I would put my money on a boy.

My heart goes to a girl. I bet she will be the joy of family,especially, Grandpa Charlie!

I fail to see how the info on mags are reliable sources since during Kate's first pregnancy they have told all along George was a girl :D

Anyway my bets:
I'd like a girl and therefore that is my vote... (I can see Catherine having only boys though)

Name:(difficult to guess) Alice Charlotte Elizabeth

I 'm not really good at guessing godparents (and 6 or 7 are too much for me)

I am not gonna pick what she's having this time around..I hope its a girl though...

Godparents...i think they will use the same outline they did for george..and I don't see guy pelly or tvs being asked...the reputations of their clubs/restaurants isn't good.

So...for guys I think James Meade, alasdair coutts wood (st andrews roommate), Henry cheape (st andrews)

for the women Alicia fox Pitt (Marlborough), a friend of Diana, Olivia bleasedale or rebecca deacon or helen asprey

I don't think the siblings will be asked at all.

I voted for a girl, because I had hoped that George would be a girl, but he was a boy instead. Still, he's adorable. :)

I had guessed Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline for George had he been a girl, so that's still my guess for Baby Cambridge No. Two. I remember reading, but can't remember where exactly, that either Diana or William (can't remember who or if it was both) wanted Victoria for a girl. Elizabeth could be after HM or The Queen Mother, I think it's pretty likely that it will be chosen. I would be very surprised if it wasn't. Diana obviously after the late Princess of Wales; even though some say that it will be a burden for a daughter of William Catherine, in this combination it's not as if it's her first name, so it will be fine IMO. Caroline I thought could be a nice compromise to Carole after Catherine's mother, but that's because I don't like Carole as I find it too dated and can't imagine it on a modern baby.

I also like the idea of resurrecting older names, I like the idea of Matilda Elizabeth Helena and Adela, but am not sure what I would pair Adela with. Adela Elizabeth Rose is rather nice, Rose could be for Princess Margaret. I doubt they would actually choose Margaret Rose as a name for their daughter.

For a boy, I'm not so sure, but I like the idea of a Prince Arthur of Cambridge, though I don't know about middle names. I doubt James will be chosen because of Viscount Severn.

I would love it if Sophie were chosen as a godparent this time. After all, Louise was a bridesmaid at William and Catherine's wedding, and I've heard that the Cambridges and Wessexes are quite close. It would also be nice if either Viscount or Viscountess Linley would be a godparent, as Margarita was a bridesmaid too. I doubt any foreign royals will be chosen, though if so, perhaps a Greek Royal - maybe CP Pavlos or CPs Marie-Chantal as IIRC William is a godfather to Prince Constantine-Alexios. Then, I think William and Catherine will choose another friend from school or elsewhere as a godparent.

Last edited:
I would love love love for this baby to be a girl, but I voted boy because that's what I suspect it is. I could be wrong though; I was CONVINCED that George was a girl!

I also think this will probably be Kate's last pregnancy, particularly if the baby is a girl. I think she's really suffered with HG, and that can't be pleasant at all.

Girl Name: Caroline Victoria Elizabeth. "Caroline" for Carole Middleton. I don't think they will have "Diana" in the name, but they could have "Frances" somewhere in there.

Boy Name: I have no clue! I really don't.

I believe they will try for a third baby either way. William and Kate have repeatedly said they favor large families. The Queen herself had 4 children.

Yes, but that was then, and this is now.

If Kate and William had a large family people would complain that they're a drain on the taxpayers, etc.
I don't think they will have more than three children, no matter the circumstances.

Anyway, I think they are expecting another boy.

If people feel its a boy, can they give any specific reason for this? Some say thay have to wait till the last month or so to get a true indication?

I would love love love for this baby to be a girl, but I voted boy because that's what I suspect it is. I could be wrong though; I was CONVINCED that George was a girl!

I also think this will probably be Kate's last pregnancy, particularly if the baby is a girl. I think she's really suffered with HG, and that can't be pleasant at all.

Girl Name: Caroline Victoria Elizabeth. "Caroline" for Carole Middleton. I don't think they will have "Diana" in the name, but they could have "Frances" somewhere in there.

Boy Name: I have no clue! I really don't.

"Caroline" doesn't sound very royal to me. It seems that the Duke and the Duchess are quite conservative in their name choices. Considering they picked George for a boy, I'd say they will go with Victoria for a girl. Perhaps Victoria Frances Elizabeth, which sounds nice.

I believe it will be a girl they will perhaps called her Mary, as the grandmother of Queen Elisabeth II, the queen Mary.

I think it's going to be born a girl.

gender- I don't know but I hope it's a boy. The british press treats men much better than women.

name- Plenty of options. I'm going to narrow it down to Philip, Arthur, Fredrick, Robert or Leopold.

godparents-
godmothers- Trini Lough, Lucy Middleton, Emma Probert
godfathers- James Meade, Harry Aubrey-Flecther, Willem Marx, Mark Tomlinson

Royals don't think so.
it was name of two British queens and several princesses.

The two queens you mention married into the family, rather than being born into it. And, as far as I know, no daughter of a British monarch has been named Caroline at least since the days of Queen Victoria.

Victoria, Louise, Beatrice, Alice, Helena, Mary, Anne, Maud, Margaret, or Elizabeth represent the current dynasty much better than Caroline.

The two queens you mention married into the family, rather than being born into it. And, as far as I know, no daughter of a British monarch has been named Caroline at least since the days of Queen Victoria.

Victoria, Louise, Beatrice, Alice, Helena, Mary, Anne, Maud, Margaret, or Elizabeth represent the current dynasty much better than Caroline.

They won't name her Caroline, as Carole Middleton gets enough flak.

I'm thinking of the tragic Caroline Matilda - so what if it hasn't been used since before Queen Victoria - neither was the name Elizabeth or Charles or Anne or Andrew. Since then it's been used as a middle name - Victoria's daughter Louise was Louise Caroline Alberta, I believe.

I guessed the sex of Baby 1 right, so I have the feeling it's a girl this time :D
A new British Princess would be very exciting.
My favs would be Victoria Adelaide Mary Caroline.

Godparents: since George got Zara, I think they will have a male relative for a girl. Maybe Peter? Or even James Middleton?

Last edited:
Yes, a new British Princess who will be high profile would be great!

I'm guessing this baby will be a girl. In fact, I'm sure. And the name will be Alice Carole Louise. There will be no Diana in her name because I think Harry has requested that his daughter get that name. It would be far less of a burden on Harry's daughter than on William's girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom