Magazine Covers and Art for the Cambridge Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whitetiger said:
If I were Prince William and/or Prince Harry, I would be stark raving mad and demand they pull the article.

The uproar that would cause would just call even greater attention to it

I think the problem with the acutal photo is that it is taken from an actual photo. She was smiling therefore the smile lines around the mouth and eyes are more accentuated but, to be honest, Diana was an avid sun worshipper and I am afraid that there are more than a few 50 year old women around that wish they had not used more sunscreen.

20 years ago we were almost totally unaware of the dangers of sun damage and people were just literally frying themselves and that really ages the skin.

As for the neck and decollatage? Well, it is just a little more accentuated than Catherine's.

As to actually producing an aged photo of Diane? Creepy and, well I can't see the point. As to putting Catherine in the "frame" so to speak? That isn't just creepy, it's deeply disturbing and reflects the unhealthy (ok, just plain sick) attitude of the photographer and the writer.

Catherine has never met Diana and to speculate on any type of relationship at this level is the outworking of deeply distubed individuals who obviously worship Diana in a totally unhealthy way. So, not only does Catherine get to contend with an historical icon, the late Diana, Princess of Wales, she gets to see herself walking, talking and smiling to a spectral mother-in-law!

Is anyone else as deeply grossed out as I am?

Is anyone else as deeply grossed out as I am?

And the worst thing is that Catherine at the moment is flying First Class in a scheduled flight from London to Ottawa and normally Newsweek is part of the presentation of magazines and papers for the passengers. I just hope the crew thought about removing Newsweek!

Catherine and William are on the August cover of Maclean's magazine; there's a lovely 22 page phto spread of the Canadian tour.

Also, the current issue of Brides mag. features a Kate lookalike in a replica of the wedding dress, along with an article titled The Kate Effect.

(Actually shows some wedding dresses that are not strapless! Yay!)

Catherine is also on the cover of June's issue of MAJESTY magazine. There's an article in there about her style.

I work for paper industry and frequently I read special magazine „Pulp&Paper”. To my astonishment The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appeared on the cover of the last issue of this magazine! (from July). They were showed amongst other people from the top 50 most influential people in the global industry. Their were listed because their wedding attracted a worldwide audience of hundreds of millions and was a boon to publishers. According to data from „Pulp&Paper” this wedding gave newspapers so much needed 25% boost in overall circulation. The RISI Top 50 Power List 2011: 41 - 50

Last edited:
They could have chosen a better picture - she looks supremely bored in that picture.

I can see where you would get that impression. She looks like she's about to roll her eyes because she'd just heard something completely inane.

They could have chosen a better picture - she looks supremely bored in that picture.
The cover kind of scares me - her black-rimmed eyes are popping out of the page!

Uh? I don't even get this picture, how random. What's the story even about? Is it hinting Harry could be King one day? I mean, is that news worthy?
I guess I have a strange sense of humor...a few months back people were all up in arms about the "Diana at 50" articles and Newsweek's creepy cover. And Vanity Fair was just having some fun with the concept of celebrating a person's life on their "birthday" and asking what the person would be like/think about if they were alive. There was no article, only the cover. I thought it was kinda funny...but obviously I'm the only one!

I can see where you would get that impression. She looks like she's about to roll her eyes because she'd just heard something completely inane.

I think they did the best they could with the images from that day. Most of her pictures have a giant tour guide grin that was a bit incongruous with the deaths of three men and a visit to the charred remains of an ravaged by riots. I think she looks thoughtful in the picture. They tried to print a picture where her expression indicated a higher degree of engagement and awareness then, say, the ones below.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/08/19/148712-prince-william-and-kate-middleton.jpg

http://media.sawfnews.com/images/Entertainment/Kate_Middleton_Prince_William_19Aug2011.jpg

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/ima...eton-visits-uk-riot-hit-areas-after-other.jpg

I think they did the best they could with the images from that day. Most of her pictures have a giant tour guide grin that was a bit incongruous with the deaths of three men and a visit to the charred remains of an ravaged by riots. I think she looks thoughtful in the picture. They tried to print a picture where her expression indicated a higher degree of engagement and awareness then, say, the ones below.

Well... as we weren't there and we don't know what was being said, how do we know a smile was not aware and engaging enough to the person Catherine was actually speaking to?

Maybe that smile was EXACTLY what that person needed and wanted to see.

And isn't William smiling in some of these pictures? Why doesn't he suffer the same censure?

Just my own opinion of course!

Well... as we weren't there and we don't know what was being said, how do we know a smile was not aware and engaging enough to the person Catherine was actually speaking to?

Maybe that smile was EXACTLY what that person needed and wanted to see.

And isn't William smiling in some of these pictures? Why doesn't he suffer the same censure?

Just my own opinion of course!

Definitely agree, looking over all her tours it isn't as if she has a grin constantly plastered to her face. She seems to respond to her surroundings very well and appropriately.

Kate is lovely and charming and I think that is why we see so many pictures of her smiling. I don't know who would want a totally somber and sour visit from a royal.

These pictures both display her listening with an attitude that is no doubt soberly appropriate for whatever is being discussed.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Kate+Middleton+Prince+William+Kate+Middleton+Cs0O5TzxSAEl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Kate+Middleton+Prince+William+Kate+Middleton+ZH2c4ZiUyTOl.jpg

Definitely agree, looking over all her tours it isn't as if she has a grin constantly plastered to her face. She seems to respond to her surroundings very well and appropriately.

Kate is lovely and charming and I think that is why we see so many pictures of her smiling. I don't know who would want a totally somber and sour visit from a royal.

These pictures both display her listening with an attitude that is no doubt soberly appropriate for whatever is being discussed.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Kate+Middleton+Prince+William+Kate+Middleton+Cs0O5TzxSAEl.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Kate+Middleton+Prince+William+Kate+Middleton+ZH2c4ZiUyTOl.jpg

I noticed that in a great deal of her pictures, Catherine leans her head towards the speaker. I love that she's attentive like that. Makes people feel valued and cared about.

This has been discounted by Buckingham Palace...so let's not start a speculative pregnancy discussion.

Translation of the cover:

Kate, the Princess very gifted. The charm of Diana without her fragility. She rejuvenates the monarchy.

In six months, she learned how to be a royal.

Back
Top Bottom