The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Administrator

I cant wait to get this issue...this is the like the 3rd issue of Hello I have purchased in a month! I wonder if it has more photos.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I cant wait to get this issue...this is the like the 3rd issue of Hello I have purchased in a month! I wonder if it has more photos.
I got this issue yesterday and it contains the two engagement pictures, the engagement pictures of QE2 & Phillip, Duke & Duchess of York and Charles & Diana. It also has the picture of Diana in that pearl white dress, and a picture taken by Testino of Charles and Diana.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

She doesn't have the cover (that is reserved for Cher) but there is an interesting article about Catherine in the current Vanity Fair.
It isn't especially laudatory like so many others, and relates her cool relationship with Chelsy, William's previous girlfriends, her attitude towards some of his friends, etc.

Has anyone read it?
Old 12-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Administrator

I read that article and honestly, I didnt get the same feeling.

It was more of the same what we already know.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

You probably know a lot more than I do, since I've only been following their relationship recently; I didn't know, for example, that they'd split up twice, that she didn't get along with Chelsy or with some of William's friends...and the reference to her being drunk at a party really surprised me, since I'd always heard she didn't drink much.

But it wasn't really a negative article, I didn't mean to imply that.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
You probably know a lot more than I do, since I've only been following their relationship recently; I didn't know, for example, that they'd split up twice, that she didn't get along with Chelsy or with some of William's friends...and the reference to her being drunk at a party really surprised me, since I'd always heard she didn't drink much.

But it wasn't really a negative article, I didn't mean to imply that.
I believe they only split up once? He said so in the interview that it was at university.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy

I believe they only split up once? He said so in the interview that it was at university.
I think they split briefly in 2003 (not sure if my year is right) and again for a longer amount of time in 2007 but have only publicly confirmed the 2007 one
Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I think they split briefly in 2003 (not sure if my year is right) and again for a longer amount of time in 2007 but have only publicly confirmed the 2007 one
He said they briefly split at university and, concerning the 2007 split, he said 'don't believe everything you read in the papers'.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy

He said they briefly split at university and, concerning the 2007 split, he said 'don't believe everything you read in the papers'.
I believe the interviewer was talking about the 2007 split and William said 'don't believe everything you read but in this case that's true' Both he and Kate appeared to confirm the 2007 split but that was the only confirmed one. Did anyone else get that from the interview?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

zonk, is there a place where I can read this article online?
is just that here in my country Hello magazine is really expensive (26 in our currency)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I believe the interviewer was talking about the 2007 split and William said 'don't believe everything you read but in this case that's true' Both he and Kate appeared to confirm the 2007 split but that was the only confirmed one. Did anyone else get that from the interview?
This is what he said:

TB: “People are bound to ask, you leave university, you have been going out a bit and you split up, famously, all over the papers, what was all that about, people are bound to want to know.”
Prince William: “Well, I think, to be honest, I wouldn't believe everything you read in the paper, but in that particular instance we did split up for a bit. We were both very young, it was at university, we were both finding ourselves as such and being different characters and stuff. It was very much trying to find our own way and we were growing up, it was a bit of space and a bit of things like that and it worked out for the better.”

It came across to me as if he was talking about splitting up in itself - you know, the concept. Then he says that it was at university.
It did not appear to me as a confirmation of the 2007 split.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
zonk, is there a place where I can read this article online?
is just that here in my country Hello magazine is really expensive (26 in our currency)
It is actually a Vanity Fair article , and I think Zonk (and/or Mirabel) may be able to clarify if this is the article concerned:

Wills and the Real Girl | Society | Vanity Fair
Old 12-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
It is actually a Vanity Fair article , and I think Zonk may be able to clarify if this is the article concerned:

Wills and the Real Girl | Society | Vanity Fair
Skippy, tnk you so much :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Nobility

I love that photo. They look so happy together, and it is a great picture of both of them.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:33 PM

Lady

Absolutely fantabulous to have romance again in the air with HRH Prince Wlliam & Kate since Diana & HRH Prince Charels got married..think England needs this after all!! Don't forget HRH Prince Harry...he might even be much more popular!! Very handsome though!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Administrator

The purpose of this thread is to post photos of the covers that Prince William and Catherine Middleton grace.

It is not a discussion thread to discuss the relationship. Any and all remaining posts will be deleted.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

William & Kate on the cover of "Point de vue"

http://www.pointdevue.fr/img/upl/Thu..._3256_couv.jpg
Old 12-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Gentry

i think a middleeastern magazine had them too! i\ll find out which one and post it
Old 12-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine Middleton on the Lifestyle cover
** Pic **
Old 12-26-2010, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That is a very OTT cover.