Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to the thread to discuss the Guests List for the Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.

You may use this thread to discuss the list of guets that was released by The British Royal Family. Please do not speculate on additional guests, if and when additional lists are released, they will be posted here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Warren, Wbenson & Zonk
British Forums moderators

:royalstandard:

Last edited:
So no royal representatives from Japan (which is TOTALLY understandable).

And I see that Pavolos (which we already knew) and Marie Chantal will be in attendance as will their son, Constantine (who is William's godson). I know there had been some question on if she was going to attend or not.

All in all, a small sample of royals which fits in with the wedding of the heirs heir. There were certainly more royals at the weddings of the heir apparents. And again, this make sense.

Good to see the Spencers will be sitting in the North Lantern, though I am trying to figure out who is Mrs. Anne Wake- Walker is? Does anyone know?

So no royal representatives from Japan (which is TOTALLY understandable).

And I see that Pavolos (which we already knew) and Marie Chantal will be in attendance as will their son, Constantine (who is William's godson). I know there had been some question on if she was going to attend or not.

All in all, a small sample of royals which fits in with the wedding of the heirs heir. There were certainly more royals at the weddings of the heir apparents. And again, this make sense.

Good to see the Spencers will be sitting in the North Lantern, though I am trying to figure out who is Mrs. Anne Wake- Walker is? Does anyone know?
I've wondered as well,then I've found out this wiki link,it seems she comes from Spencer family
Cynthia Spencer, Countess Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks Lenora!

So she is a Great Great Aunt (to William and Harry). And a Great Aunt to the Spencer siblings (Sarah, Jane, Charles and the late Diana).

Makes perfect sense now.

I've wondered as well,then I've found out this wiki link,it seems she comes from Spencer family
Cynthia Spencer, Countess Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She is the older sister of the late Earl spencer and those an aunt of Diana.

If i understand it right from the se4ating lan the members of the birtish Royal Family and the Middleton Family will set down the stairs before tha High Altar and not direct before the High Altar like at previous Royal Weddings. Why was this changed?

Last edited:
The more i see of the guest list when it comes to noncelebs that William have invited the more i like it. Relatives of atleat two soldiers(who happened to be friends of his, but soldiers non the less) that were KIA are coming, as is his entire rescuesquadron

An official list of selected wedding guests has been released. Don't know if this has been posted :). It's here at http://bit.ly/h3iU5r.

Yay!! The guy from President's Choice (Gaylen Weston) is going to be there!!. I love PC decadent chocolate chip cookies!! :lol: Who knew he was friends with royalty!! (sorry, it's a Canadian thing, and a kinda obsure one as well!!)

Superstore baby yeah!! :rotf:

Last edited:
No German rellies - no Hanovers, Hohenlohe-Langenburgs or Badens.
However, Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia (mother of actress Catherine Oxenburg and once linked to the late Richard Burton) has got a guernsey. :)

King Michael will be accompanied by his eldest daughter meaning that Queen Anne is too unwell to travel. There's a certain poignancy to this as King Michael met his future wife at the Queen's wedding in 1947. Crown Princess Margarita was once a prospective bride for the Prince of Wales and was dating former PM Gordon Brown for a time during her university years.

I am surprised the Queen of Denmark is attending without her husband-

Also, did I misread or is The Queen of Spain not on that list? I read fast, maybe I missed her

Also isn't the CP of Neatherlands not really a title, isn't it Prince of Orange? Like how in England it's prince of wales, jus thought the titles would be accurate-

Surprised to see David Ritchie, and Joss Stone on there.....

Now I am even more excited the list being out makes it all the more real.......

I am surprised the Queen of Denmark is attending without her husband-

Also, did I misread or is The Queen of Spain not on that list? I read fast, maybe I missed her

Also isn't the CP of Neatherlands not really a title, isn't it Prince of Orange? Like how in England it's prince of wales, jus thought the titles would be accurate-

Surprised to see David Ritchie, and Joss Stone on there.....

Now I am even more excited the list being out makes it all the more real.......
Queen Sofia is on the list, but a little down from the CP couple.

And do you meant Guy Ritchie? he apparently is somewhat related to Kate. Also I remember they attended a movie premier of one of his film. (not that it qualifies as a real reason but just mentioning :lol:)

Thanks Lenora!

So she is a Great Great Aunt (to William and Harry). And a Great Aunt to the Spencer siblings (Sarah, Jane, Charles and the late Diana).

Makes perfect sense now.

As a daughter of an Earl Spencer, why is she not The Lady Anne Wake-Walker?

No German rellies - no Hanovers, Hohenlohe-Langenburgs or Badens.
However, Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia (mother of actress Catherine Oxenburg and once linked to the late Richard Burton) has got a guernsey. :)

King Michael will be accompanied by his eldest daughter meaning that Queen Anne is too unwell to travel. There's a certain poignancy to this as King Michael met his future wife at the Queen's wedding in 1947. Crown Princess Margarita was once a prospective bride for the Prince of Wales and was dating former PM Gordon Brown for a time during her university years.

I know that the Fürst and Fürstin of Hohenlohe-Langenburg will attend. There was a report on our local Raido some time ago with him and he said he and his wife will attend.
It are only selected guests on the list.

No one from Jordan?
i am so surprised Queen Rania was not invited.
Maybe they were invited,but could not attend
I've observed there are no separate lists for British nobility and for couple's friends

Surprisingly the list is not in order from King & Queen to Crown prince/ss.
Great to see Lalla Salma on the list, I didn't think she would attend but only her husband.

Mia_mae said:
Queen Sofia is on the list, but a little down from the CP couple

Oh thank you- I read to fast with excitement! :)

Mia_mae said:
And do you meant Guy Ritchie? he apparently is somewhat related to Kate. Also I remember they attended a movie premier of one of his film. (not that it qualifies as a real reason but just mentioning :lol:)

Yes! Oh...interesting

An official list of selected wedding guests has been released. Don't know if this has been posted :). It's here at Selected Guest List for the Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey.

Yay!! The guy from President's Choice (Gaylen Weston) is going to be there!!. I love PC decadent chocolate chip cookies!! :lol: Who knew he was friends with royalty!! (sorry, it's a Canadian thing, and a kinda obsure one as well!!)

The Weston's are close friends of the Prince of Wales. They live at Fort Belvedere (former home of Edward VIII) at Windsor. Galen played polo with Charles for a number of years. Charles and the boys used the Weston lodge during a ski trip toWhistler, BC. Also Hilary Weston is a former Lt Gov of Ontario.

Kind of surprised no one from Jordan is attending and didnt see the Aga Khan on the list either and he is a British HH.

I know that the Fürst and Fürstin of Hohenlohe-Langenburg will attend.
Quite right too! At Edward and Sophie's wedding the German rellies were represented by (the then) Hereditary Prince Philip of H-L and his sisters Princesses Cecile and Xenia, Princess Irina of Hesse, and the late Prince Georg of Hanover. No Badens though.

NGalitzine said:
The Weston's are close friends of the Prince of Wales. They live at Fort Belvedere (former home of Edward VIII) at Windsor. Galen played polo with Charles for a number of years. Charles and the boys used the Weston lodge during a ski trip toWhistler, BC. Also Hilary Weston is a former Lt Gov of Ontario.

Thanks for the info!, very cool - I guess one can argue they're the most prominent Canadians since Steven Harper can't attend!! LOL

Actually it's not that guy from the President's Choice commercials, it's his father (Gaylen Weston Jr. is the man we see on TV). Gaylen Weston Sr.'s wife used to be the Queen's Representative in Ontario.

The selected list represents 318 people (I counted) so far far away from the 1950 invited. As they indicated, it's a selected list... Miss the Middleton family and their friends and Kate and William's friend and the ambassadors, but it doesnt represent the 1630 missing... so maybe a lot of surprises. And on the official wedding site they said they listed the answers confirmed for sure. so maybe the insecurity in Jordan at the present time is the reason why maybe none of the royal family will be present at those turbulent times for their country. I wait for more surprises. Who are the 1630 missing?

the prime minister of India confirms his attendance

Oh thank you- I read to fast with excitement! :)

Yes! Oh...interesting
Something tells me Madonna is regreting getting a diivorce ;)

The selected list represents 318 people (I counted) so far far away from the 1950 invited. As they indicated, it's a selected list... Miss the Middleton family and their friends and Kate and William's friend and the ambassadors, but it doesnt represent the 1630 missing... so maybe a lot of surprises. And on the official wedding site they said they listed the answers confirmed for sure. so maybe the insecurity in Jordan at the present time is the reason why maybe none of the royal family will be present at those turbulent times for their country. I wait for more surprises. Who are the 1630 missing?

I would love to see the Jordanian couple in the ceremony, but political times are really tricky nowdays.

1630 still missing? Just don't tell Fergie ;)

Last edited:
I'm still hoping the Duke of Braganca is invited, but he's not on the list (even though only a few are) and nothing was ever confirmed by him, and he even said he didn't expect to get invited. It's surprising that they invited the heir to Serbia and not the heir to Portugal since Duarte is the president of the Infante d. Henrique awards which is a branch of the Duke of Edinburgh awards in Portugal. I'm still hoping that we will see him there, I guess we will have to wait and see.

I am puzzled about the wrong titles.
According to the official website of the royal family of Sweden
H.R.H. Prince Daniel
Prince of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland

And Willem-Alexander is Prince of Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom