The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

Welcome to the thread to discuss the Guests List for the Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.

You may use this thread to discuss the list of guets that was released by The British Royal Family. Please do not speculate on additional guests, if and when additional lists are released, they will be posted here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Warren, Wbenson & Zonk
British Forums moderators

Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Portion of the guest list for the ceremony:

Selected Guest List for the Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey

Seating plan for Westminster Abbey confirmed

Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Administrator

So no royal representatives from Japan (which is TOTALLY understandable).

And I see that Pavolos (which we already knew) and Marie Chantal will be in attendance as will their son, Constantine (who is William's godson). I know there had been some question on if she was going to attend or not.

All in all, a small sample of royals which fits in with the wedding of the heirs heir. There were certainly more royals at the weddings of the heir apparents. And again, this make sense.

Good to see the Spencers will be sitting in the North Lantern, though I am trying to figure out who is Mrs. Anne Wake- Walker is? Does anyone know?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
So no royal representatives from Japan (which is TOTALLY understandable).

And I see that Pavolos (which we already knew) and Marie Chantal will be in attendance as will their son, Constantine (who is William's godson). I know there had been some question on if she was going to attend or not.

All in all, a small sample of royals which fits in with the wedding of the heirs heir. There were certainly more royals at the weddings of the heir apparents. And again, this make sense.

Good to see the Spencers will be sitting in the North Lantern, though I am trying to figure out who is Mrs. Anne Wake- Walker is? Does anyone know?
I've wondered as well,then I've found out this wiki link,it seems she comes from Spencer family
Cynthia Spencer, Countess Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Thanks Lenora!

So she is a Great Great Aunt (to William and Harry). And a Great Aunt to the Spencer siblings (Sarah, Jane, Charles and the late Diana).

Makes perfect sense now.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I've wondered as well,then I've found out this wiki link,it seems she comes from Spencer family
Cynthia Spencer, Countess Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
She is the older sister of the late Earl spencer and those an aunt of Diana.

If i understand it right from the se4ating lan the members of the birtish Royal Family and the Middleton Family will set down the stairs before tha High Altar and not direct before the High Altar like at previous Royal Weddings. Why was this changed?

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Nobility

The more i see of the guest list when it comes to noncelebs that William have invited the more i like it. Relatives of atleat two soldiers(who happened to be friends of his, but soldiers non the less) that were KIA are coming, as is his entire rescuesquadron
Old 04-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Courtier

An official list of selected wedding guests has been released. Don't know if this has been posted :). It's here at http://bit.ly/h3iU5r.

Yay!! The guy from President's Choice (Gaylen Weston) is going to be there!!. I love PC decadent chocolate chip cookies!! Who knew he was friends with royalty!! (sorry, it's a Canadian thing, and a kinda obsure one as well!!)

Superstore baby yeah!! :rotf:
Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Administrator

No German rellies - no Hanovers, Hohenlohe-Langenburgs or Badens.
However, Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia (mother of actress Catherine Oxenburg and once linked to the late Richard Burton) has got a guernsey.

King Michael will be accompanied by his eldest daughter meaning that Queen Anne is too unwell to travel. There's a certain poignancy to this as King Michael met his future wife at the Queen's wedding in 1947. Crown Princess Margarita was once a prospective bride for the Prince of Wales and was dating former PM Gordon Brown for a time during her university years.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

I am surprised the Queen of Denmark is attending without her husband-

Also, did I misread or is The Queen of Spain not on that list? I read fast, maybe I missed her

Also isn't the CP of Neatherlands not really a title, isn't it Prince of Orange? Like how in England it's prince of wales, jus thought the titles would be accurate-

Surprised to see David Ritchie, and Joss Stone on there.....

Now I am even more excited the list being out makes it all the more real.......
Old 04-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I am surprised the Queen of Denmark is attending without her husband-

Also, did I misread or is The Queen of Spain not on that list? I read fast, maybe I missed her

Also isn't the CP of Neatherlands not really a title, isn't it Prince of Orange? Like how in England it's prince of wales, jus thought the titles would be accurate-

Surprised to see David Ritchie, and Joss Stone on there.....

Now I am even more excited the list being out makes it all the more real.......
Queen Sofia is on the list, but a little down from the CP couple.

And do you meant Guy Ritchie? he apparently is somewhat related to Kate. Also I remember they attended a movie premier of one of his film. (not that it qualifies as a real reason but just mentioning )
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Thanks Lenora!

So she is a Great Great Aunt (to William and Harry). And a Great Aunt to the Spencer siblings (Sarah, Jane, Charles and the late Diana).

Makes perfect sense now.
As a daughter of an Earl Spencer, why is she not The Lady Anne Wake-Walker?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

No one from Jordan?
i am so surprised Queen Rania was not invited.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
No German rellies - no Hanovers, Hohenlohe-Langenburgs or Badens.
However, Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia (mother of actress Catherine Oxenburg and once linked to the late Richard Burton) has got a guernsey.

King Michael will be accompanied by his eldest daughter meaning that Queen Anne is too unwell to travel. There's a certain poignancy to this as King Michael met his future wife at the Queen's wedding in 1947. Crown Princess Margarita was once a prospective bride for the Prince of Wales and was dating former PM Gordon Brown for a time during her university years.
I know that the Fürst and Fürstin of Hohenlohe-Langenburg will attend. There was a report on our local Raido some time ago with him and he said he and his wife will attend.
It are only selected guests on the list.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
No one from Jordan?
i am so surprised Queen Rania was not invited.
Maybe they were invited,but could not attend
I've observed there are no separate lists for British nobility and for couple's friends
Old 04-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Surprisingly the list is not in order from King & Queen to Crown prince/ss.
Great to see Lalla Salma on the list, I didn't think she would attend but only her husband.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Queen Sofia is on the list, but a little down from the CP couple
Oh thank you- I read to fast with excitement! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
And do you meant Guy Ritchie? he apparently is somewhat related to Kate. Also I remember they attended a movie premier of one of his film. (not that it qualifies as a real reason but just mentioning )
Yes! Oh...interesting
Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
An official list of selected wedding guests has been released. Don't know if this has been posted :). It's here at Selected Guest List for the Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey.

Yay!! The guy from President's Choice (Gaylen Weston) is going to be there!!. I love PC decadent chocolate chip cookies!! Who knew he was friends with royalty!! (sorry, it's a Canadian thing, and a kinda obsure one as well!!)

Superstore baby yeah!! :rotf:
The Weston's are close friends of the Prince of Wales. They live at Fort Belvedere (former home of Edward VIII) at Windsor. Galen played polo with Charles for a number of years. Charles and the boys used the Weston lodge during a ski trip toWhistler, BC. Also Hilary Weston is a former Lt Gov of Ontario.

Kind of surprised no one from Jordan is attending and didnt see the Aga Khan on the list either and he is a British HH.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I know that the Fürst and Fürstin of Hohenlohe-Langenburg will attend.
Quite right too! At Edward and Sophie's wedding the German rellies were represented by (the then) Hereditary Prince Philip of H-L and his sisters Princesses Cecile and Xenia, Princess Irina of Hesse, and the late Prince Georg of Hanover. No Badens though.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine

The Weston's are close friends of the Prince of Wales. They live at Fort Belvedere (former home of Edward VIII) at Windsor. Galen played polo with Charles for a number of years. Charles and the boys used the Weston lodge during a ski trip toWhistler, BC. Also Hilary Weston is a former Lt Gov of Ontario.
Thanks for the info!, very cool - I guess one can argue they're the most prominent Canadians since Steven Harper can't attend!! LOL