The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,379
Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

Welcome to the thread to discuss the Guests List for the Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.

You may use this thread to discuss the list of guets that was released by The British Royal Family. Please do not speculate on additional guests, if and when additional lists are released, they will be posted here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.


Warren, Wbenson & Zonk
British Forums moderators


__________________

__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,083
Portion of the guest list for the ceremony:

Selected Guest List for the Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey

Seating plan for Westminster Abbey confirmed
__________________

__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,379
So no royal representatives from Japan (which is TOTALLY understandable).

And I see that Pavolos (which we already knew) and Marie Chantal will be in attendance as will their son, Constantine (who is William's godson). I know there had been some question on if she was going to attend or not.

All in all, a small sample of royals which fits in with the wedding of the heirs heir. There were certainly more royals at the weddings of the heir apparents. And again, this make sense.

Good to see the Spencers will be sitting in the North Lantern, though I am trying to figure out who is Mrs. Anne Wake- Walker is? Does anyone know?
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
So no royal representatives from Japan (which is TOTALLY understandable).

And I see that Pavolos (which we already knew) and Marie Chantal will be in attendance as will their son, Constantine (who is William's godson). I know there had been some question on if she was going to attend or not.

All in all, a small sample of royals which fits in with the wedding of the heirs heir. There were certainly more royals at the weddings of the heir apparents. And again, this make sense.

Good to see the Spencers will be sitting in the North Lantern, though I am trying to figure out who is Mrs. Anne Wake- Walker is? Does anyone know?
I've wondered as well,then I've found out this wiki link,it seems she comes from Spencer family
Cynthia Spencer, Countess Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,379
Thanks Lenora!

So she is a Great Great Aunt (to William and Harry). And a Great Aunt to the Spencer siblings (Sarah, Jane, Charles and the late Diana).

Makes perfect sense now.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I've wondered as well,then I've found out this wiki link,it seems she comes from Spencer family
Cynthia Spencer, Countess Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
She is the older sister of the late Earl spencer and those an aunt of Diana.

If i understand it right from the se4ating lan the members of the birtish Royal Family and the Middleton Family will set down the stairs before tha High Altar and not direct before the High Altar like at previous Royal Weddings. Why was this changed?
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
mattep74's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vasteras, Sweden
Posts: 456
The more i see of the guest list when it comes to noncelebs that William have invited the more i like it. Relatives of atleat two soldiers(who happened to be friends of his, but soldiers non the less) that were KIA are coming, as is his entire rescuesquadron
__________________
-------------------------------------------------
"My feelings are all over the place." Prince Daniel express his feelings after announcing the birth of his daughter Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Queen Penelope's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Camrose, Canada
Posts: 648
An official list of selected wedding guests has been released. Don't know if this has been posted :). It's here at http://bit.ly/h3iU5r.

Yay!! The guy from President's Choice (Gaylen Weston) is going to be there!!. I love PC decadent chocolate chip cookies!! Who knew he was friends with royalty!! (sorry, it's a Canadian thing, and a kinda obsure one as well!!)

Superstore baby yeah!! :rotf:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,427
No German rellies - no Hanovers, Hohenlohe-Langenburgs or Badens.
However, Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia (mother of actress Catherine Oxenburg and once linked to the late Richard Burton) has got a guernsey.

King Michael will be accompanied by his eldest daughter meaning that Queen Anne is too unwell to travel. There's a certain poignancy to this as King Michael met his future wife at the Queen's wedding in 1947. Crown Princess Margarita was once a prospective bride for the Prince of Wales and was dating former PM Gordon Brown for a time during her university years.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 AM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,843
I am surprised the Queen of Denmark is attending without her husband-

Also, did I misread or is The Queen of Spain not on that list? I read fast, maybe I missed her

Also isn't the CP of Neatherlands not really a title, isn't it Prince of Orange? Like how in England it's prince of wales, jus thought the titles would be accurate-

Surprised to see David Ritchie, and Joss Stone on there.....

Now I am even more excited the list being out makes it all the more real.......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I am surprised the Queen of Denmark is attending without her husband-

Also, did I misread or is The Queen of Spain not on that list? I read fast, maybe I missed her

Also isn't the CP of Neatherlands not really a title, isn't it Prince of Orange? Like how in England it's prince of wales, jus thought the titles would be accurate-

Surprised to see David Ritchie, and Joss Stone on there.....

Now I am even more excited the list being out makes it all the more real.......
Queen Sofia is on the list, but a little down from the CP couple.

And do you meant Guy Ritchie? he apparently is somewhat related to Kate. Also I remember they attended a movie premier of one of his film. (not that it qualifies as a real reason but just mentioning )
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Thanks Lenora!

So she is a Great Great Aunt (to William and Harry). And a Great Aunt to the Spencer siblings (Sarah, Jane, Charles and the late Diana).

Makes perfect sense now.
As a daughter of an Earl Spencer, why is she not The Lady Anne Wake-Walker?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Mademoiselle Lilo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: T/H, Morocco
Posts: 5,918
No one from Jordan?
i am so surprised Queen Rania was not invited.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
No German rellies - no Hanovers, Hohenlohe-Langenburgs or Badens.
However, Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia (mother of actress Catherine Oxenburg and once linked to the late Richard Burton) has got a guernsey.

King Michael will be accompanied by his eldest daughter meaning that Queen Anne is too unwell to travel. There's a certain poignancy to this as King Michael met his future wife at the Queen's wedding in 1947. Crown Princess Margarita was once a prospective bride for the Prince of Wales and was dating former PM Gordon Brown for a time during her university years.
I know that the Fürst and Fürstin of Hohenlohe-Langenburg will attend. There was a report on our local Raido some time ago with him and he said he and his wife will attend.
It are only selected guests on the list.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
No one from Jordan?
i am so surprised Queen Rania was not invited.
Maybe they were invited,but could not attend
I've observed there are no separate lists for British nobility and for couple's friends
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:15 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,869
Surprisingly the list is not in order from King & Queen to Crown prince/ss.
Great to see Lalla Salma on the list, I didn't think she would attend but only her husband.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 AM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Queen Sofia is on the list, but a little down from the CP couple
Oh thank you- I read to fast with excitement! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
And do you meant Guy Ritchie? he apparently is somewhat related to Kate. Also I remember they attended a movie premier of one of his film. (not that it qualifies as a real reason but just mentioning )
Yes! Oh...interesting
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
An official list of selected wedding guests has been released. Don't know if this has been posted :). It's here at Selected Guest List for the Wedding Service at Westminster Abbey.

Yay!! The guy from President's Choice (Gaylen Weston) is going to be there!!. I love PC decadent chocolate chip cookies!! Who knew he was friends with royalty!! (sorry, it's a Canadian thing, and a kinda obsure one as well!!)

Superstore baby yeah!! :rotf:
The Weston's are close friends of the Prince of Wales. They live at Fort Belvedere (former home of Edward VIII) at Windsor. Galen played polo with Charles for a number of years. Charles and the boys used the Weston lodge during a ski trip toWhistler, BC. Also Hilary Weston is a former Lt Gov of Ontario.

Kind of surprised no one from Jordan is attending and didnt see the Aga Khan on the list either and he is a British HH.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I know that the Fürst and Fürstin of Hohenlohe-Langenburg will attend.
Quite right too! At Edward and Sophie's wedding the German rellies were represented by (the then) Hereditary Prince Philip of H-L and his sisters Princesses Cecile and Xenia, Princess Irina of Hesse, and the late Prince Georg of Hanover. No Badens though.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Queen Penelope's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Camrose, Canada
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine

The Weston's are close friends of the Prince of Wales. They live at Fort Belvedere (former home of Edward VIII) at Windsor. Galen played polo with Charles for a number of years. Charles and the boys used the Weston lodge during a ski trip toWhistler, BC. Also Hilary Weston is a former Lt Gov of Ontario.
Thanks for the info!, very cool - I guess one can argue they're the most prominent Canadians since Steven Harper can't attend!! LOL
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of William & Catherine 29 April 2011: Where to watch it live on TV & internet JessRulz Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 64 04-30-2011 05:36 PM
Wedding of William and Catherine: suggestions and musings Zonk Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011 5605 04-29-2011 06:00 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]