Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the Queen of Spain in the list

The Queen of Spain
The King of Swaziland
The Crown Princess of Sweden and The Duke of Västergötland
Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand
The King of Tonga
The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi
Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Yugoslavia
The Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia

Duchess of Kent comes out from the shadows to attend royal wedding | Mail Online

The reclusive Duchess of Kent will break a long self-imposed exile from public life to attend the royal wedding.

The 78-year-old, who prefers to be known simply by her first name, Katharine, will appear at the ceremony on the arm of her husband the duke, who is the Queen’s cousin.

A rare occasion indeed to see the wonderfull Catherine,Duchess of Kent again!

My understanding is that the invitations went to the monarchs and the monarchs themselves decided who would attend. So Queen Margrethe decided to go herself on behalf of Denmark, but King Carl Gustaf decided to send Victoria and Daniel on behalf of Sweden.

I suspect the reason Jordanians are not attending is that they are carefully watching the protests in the Middle East and not wanting to appear like they are partying when things are going down in their country. The situation seems to be changing rather rapidly there.

Actually, I suspect that the Obamas are glad they weren't invited with everything that has happened this week. Now they can visit the storm-damaged areas in Alabama before heading to the shuttle launch in Florida.

The Obama's will pop-in for a State Visit in may,so that's soon.And ofcourse we all know that as William isn't an Heir,all is a tad notched down so no elected Heads of State,just family,and all the Royals are Family one way or another.Loved the attendance by the Lady Elizabeth Anson!!:)

:previous:Also, this is wedding of the heir's heir, not the heir to the throne. This means the wedding is less "formal" (fewer official guests, etc). When Prince Charles married, as the heir, tons of dignitaries and major foreign royals came (including the emperor of Japan, who hasn't attended any other heir's wedding).

True,you can't explain that enough...or so it appears...:p;)

maybe the question has been asked, but I still don't understand why all the monarch's and spouses with the crown princely couples weren't invited?! Even if William is only a heir to the heir, this is the most worldwide talked about and important wedding of the 21st century so far. (may all the other crown princely couples forgive me). Why do we not see any member of the Jordanian Royal family? (I undersatand why Mubarak and Ghadafi aren't showing up;))

NO,it is not Auntie!It's the most hyped up media wedding of this year,yes,not this century!And especially the americans can't get enough of it to hype it up,they seem to think a Monarchy is a Disney invention and this is a film-set in London as one of the BBC reporters said this early morning,and he was right.For more explanations read Lady K's post:)

I know that The Spencer Family will be at the wedding. Has any one heard if they will be going to the Buckingham Palace reception, or the evening reception ?

Hmm,why spoil a beautifull day....?....

Last edited by a moderator:
NO,it is not Auntie!It's the most hyped up media wedding of this year,yes,not this century!And especially the americans can't get enough of it to hype it up,they seem to think a Monarchy is a Disney invention and this is a film-set in London as one of the BBC reporters said this early morning,and he was right.For more explanations read Lady K's post:)
It is definitely the most spoken about wedding of the century so far. Everyone around the world knows that today is the big day, but noone I know knew that Felipe and Letizia, Mary and Fred, WA and Maxima, Philipe and mathilde, Haakon and MM, and Victoria and Daniel were getting married the day they were. I do admit though, being down the line the way William is protocol wise etc. it doesn't require to have the masses of Royalty.

Surprised how many women are in bright, light colors like pink and almost WHITE! And some of the hats are atrociously bright... I hope The Duchess of Cambridge-to-be blows them all out of the water...

Surprised how many women are in bright, light colors like pink and almost WHITE! And some of the hats are atrociously bright... I hope The Duchess of Cambridge-to-be blows them all out of the water...

LOL!!Apparently the "white-ish" ladies haven't heard that one doesn't wear white to a wedding.
I bet Catherine will blow 'm totally out of the water as you put it...!:flowers:

what is david beckhams medal obe stand for?

Order British of what?

Do you know if there are some wedding pics of Earl St.Andrews and his family,Lady Gabriella Windsor and the friends of couple(like Melissa Percy or Guy Pelly)?

Order of the British Empire. Unfortunately he's wearing it on the wrong side...

Please could I help by supplementing the information you have given? It is a common misconception that 'OBE' stands for Order of the British Empire because 'OBE' actually stands for 'Officer of the Order of the British Empire'

The Order of the British Empire is actually divided into 5 categories: MBE is the lowest tier of the Order, GBE is the highest tier;

In more detail,the Order is:

GBE (Knight [if recipient is male, Dame if female) Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire)

KBE (Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire) or DBE (Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire)

CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire)

OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire)

MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire)

Hope you don't think I am being pedantic, but just wanted to clear up a very common misconception about the Order.

As a general rule, sportsman/sportswomen usually get the MBE [Member of the Order of the British Empire] unless they have done something particularly meritorious, when one of the higher grades of the Order is awarded; note: although it is perfectly possible for a particularly meritorious recipient to be awarded an OBE as his/her 'first' medal, as any recipient's [sportsperson or otherwise] career progresses, he or she can 'work their way up the Order'; thus, if a sportsman is first awarded an MBE after national sporting success, but then moves up to (say) winning several Olympic Gold Medals, he/she may well find that they have been upgraded to OBE. Thus, if David Beckham does something else particlarly meritorious, he could find his OBE upgraded to a CBE....or even a Knighthood.

Incidentally, one strange 'economical' quirk is that if you are subsequently awarded a 'higher tier' medal from the one that you presently hold, you have to 'hand back' the lower tier medal! Thus, if David Beckham is appointed a CBE, he has to 'hand back' his OBE so that it can be 'recycled' to a new recipient!!

You are 'spot-on' about David Beckham wearing it on the wrong side, though! Don't know why someome didn't quickly point it out to him before the TV cameras picked it up!

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:
Does anyone have the picture of Badens,Hessens or Langenburgs from the wedding?

Did anyone else see this?

Like all of you, I have looked at many many pictures of today's events. One that I am sure I saw was of Chelsy sitting in the same row with Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall. I was surprised at what a choice seat she had. Now, of course, I can't find the picture.

Here's the link:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/royalwedding/3554839/Guests-arrive-at-Royal-Wedding.html

Although it's labeled as Chelsy and Zara, it's not Zara. Zara's hat was much more outrageous (although the girl does look somewhat like Zara).

Last edited:
Like all of you, I have looked at many many pictures of today's events. One that I am sure I saw was of Chelsy sitting in the same row with Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall. I was surprised at what a choice seat she had. Now, of course, I can't find the picture.

She didn't sit with them, don't know what you saw;)
I made a screenshot (sorry for the quality, but I don't have the patience to look through picture galleries to find one...) where you can see the row where Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall sat and you won't find her there...
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8598/3658.jpg
(You may easily recognize Mike Tindall as he has no hair)

:previous: Health permitting, possibly so. The Countess isn't quite as mobile as she used to be. She is 84 and of fragile health I believe.

Yes she is 87 years, but did anyone notice that many of people that we just to seeing at the weddings of the British Royal family were not there today. I am talking about Earl of Harewood, Duke of Fife, Lady Pamela Hicks, and Queen Mother's family - Bowes - Lyon's? And what about William's great aunt Lady Anne Spencer, was she at the wedding?

Last edited:
I made a screenshot (sorry for the quality, but I don't have the patience to look through picture galleries to find one...) where you can see the row where Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall sat and you won't find her there...

I realize now it wasn't her. I put a link to the (mistakenly identified) picture in my post.

Yes, Mike Tindall has no hair at all- all the other royal men are just partially hairless!

Oh, you captured one of my favorite moments when Tim Laurence was trying to give William a reassuring smile! I see Sophie was trying to do the same from a few seats over. Eugenie and Peter Phillips also have big grins on their faces, which I didn't notice at the time.

I wonder if Anddrew Parker Bowles was invited to the wedding in order to see his adorable little granddaughter?

I wonder if Anddrew Parker Bowles was invited to the wedding in order to see his adorable little granddaughter?
I saw his pic on Getty Images and Rex Features,so he was there

Prince AlWaleed & His wife Princess Ameerah were at the wedding.

Lady Serena looks pregnant to me. Maybe it was mentioned elsewhere already.

Order of the British Empire. Unfortunately he's wearing it on the wrong side...

Sorry to be pedantic, but, as I explained in my post above, OBE actually stands for OFFICER of the Order of the British Empire....

You were spot-on about him wearing it on the wrong side though - and actually in my very humble opinion, I don't think that he was correct in wearing it at all..............

Alex

Sorry to be pedantic, but, as I explained in my post above, OBE actually stands for OFFICER of the Order of the British Empire....

You were spot-on about him wearing it on the wrong side though - and actually in my very humble opinion, I don't think that he was correct in wearing it at all..............

Alex

Why don't you think he was correct in wearing it at all?

Why don't you think he was correct in wearing it at all?

My guess would be because 1) it wasn't a state affair and 2) the dress code was uniform, lounge suit or morning dress for the gents and dresses and hats for the ladies. NO one other than the members of the RF that were in uniform wore any kind of orders. With him wearing his OBE, it probably came across like wearing a tiara with sweats and sneakers. Just my thoughts on it.

Diarist said:

Alex

For the record someone must have told him because pictures in the Abbey show it on the other side- maybe he was just proud and excited so he wore it

Never mind I misread your post- but RF app has no delete for posts so ignore this post

Congratulation

Marked, a remarkable day of our century, may the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Live LONG.:whistling:

" Lets share each others JOY as we also WISH never to be like them" for its only the Good Lord who knows why this day was set aside for Will & Kate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom